It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Free Patent System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I am unemployed and barely have enough money to buy food and pay the rent each month. The current USA Patent System is way out of my financial league. Forming a "patent group" is almost impossible for me since although I can maybe contribute ideas I cannot help pay for it.

What if we retain the current patent system (Patent System 1) and create a free second patent system (Patent System 2)?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Sounds like a good idea as I'm currently trying to find a way myself. If I had my way, the payment of a provisional patent could be deferred until the inventor could obtain the necessary funds. I had checked on a regular patent last week and they wanted any where from $11.k to 14k and up. I think it sucks because it makes it hard for the average guy to get his or her creations out there for use by the public. They, the ( U.S.P.T.O. ), needs to come up with a way to protect the inventors product while letting him put it out there so as he can get some money coming in and give him protection at the same time.
From what I understand about the process, a copyright would not be sufficent in protection either. Got any ideas?

[edit on 5-9-2005 by FLYIN HIGH]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
THere are patent attorneys out there who will work for payment upon sucessful patent if you are willing to work with them. The patent system is frustating to say the least, and as was said in another thread does not apply to all countries. I am working on my own ideas personally and time and again finances, and the need to pay rent food etc have cut into my already skeletal budget. All I can offer is kind words and best wishes to fellow visionaries and aspiring engineers. If anyone wants to U2U me I would be more than glad to pass on proposals to the attorneys I know who do what is effectivelly pro bono work, but no promises.

join