It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mind and Conspiracy Theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The mind has been known to play tricks...inside of your midn almost anything is feasible, therefore some small links that connect some theories people may have to the truth can be greatly exaggerated by one's need to make their life more interesting.

Now I'm not saying I'm immune to this...the reason I found this website a couple years back was that curiosity that humans inherently have, but everytime I think I stumble across an unkown truth there is that doubt in your head, whether it be denial or a legitimately simple explanation about the matter of discussion.

So my point is this, how does one distinguish a paranoid delusion from a rational theory from secret knowledge? As much as I'd like to think there's more to our existence than we know, I can't help but believe that it pales in comparison to coincidence/idiocy with power.

**currently suffering from a reality crisis**

[edit on 5-9-2005 by Sacreligion]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
i am too in a reality crisis not able to see the truth behind this world, but undermine the power of our heads, we create our own reality, we are in a 3rd dimension right now that is no more than a collective thought of what we are and where we live... I also wonder if some of the thoughts i have to do things spontanisly if coming from my own head or from some "outside" programming of thoughts....

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm not really sure what you're talking about...
but if you have some unknown truth you should talk about it. The mind an play tricks on you, but just use your rationality and you should be fine unless your mind is really screwed up. Are you talking about intuition or just some inconclusive suspicious stuff?

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
i'm pretty sure i don't have any enlightening information...i was more referencing the fact that any form of news can be a lie...everything we've ever been told about our lives can be a lie...from any end of any spectrum...there's no concrete way to discern the truth from reality. researching can all be bull#(books, internet, it's all word of mouth really). i was just frustrated at the time and needed to vent...

this world can be so great and so frustrating at the same time...it's mighty confusing

i can't wait til my afterlife(if any of the 1,000s of religions are right) so i can finally make sense of everything...if not I'M TOTALLY SCREWED!

top topics

join