It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: WITD

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
I was certain that this was a hoax but now I am not so sure. The person shhh whispers has been watching the board this evening, however he is not showing up in the who's on line box on the main page. He is indeed spoofing or hacking or whatever you want to call it, but I am starting to feel like my head is spinning.

One Sac is reeling!

Don't reel, Mr. Sac.
-shhh is probably inactive, ie not refreshing his browser and not clicking on threads.
No spoof, no hack....he's just got the browser window open on ATS. It bumps you off the "who's online" list if you don't do anything for a few minutes.

-B.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This doesn't real go here, but I don't want to start another WITD thread, two is enough...

I'm not sure if I'm following dr's train of thought, but if...
Whispers is in the government and they knew it was going to happen.

Three scenarios (for believers only):

1.) Whispers decided to be a good person and tell us so we would tell someone who would stop it (that's the clean one)
2.) Whispers was testing us to see if we would listen to him(that's the real dirty one)
3.) (This one'll make the ATS freaks go crazy) The government knew about it and leaked the information through Whispers to us to see if we had the capability to contemplate the riddles, the abilty to take action, nd the ability to be a threat to them in the future,,, (We'd all be dead like in JB1's story)

Thoughts?
- Tassadar

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think you forgot 4

4. He actually is a DoD employee and was attempting to gain a bit of credability with the asylum for some reason.

The real question is WHY?????

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The question that should be asked is who benefits?

Is it really going to be a big jolly for a hacker to do something like this (especially since we are only discussing it in a secret forum the rest of the net cannot see?)

Or, as he pointed out in a U2U to me... he honestly doesnt want innocent people to get killed again?

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I see the Poll has been shot to pieces.

There are several lurkers at ATS who have never posted. There are numerous multiple identities held in store by transvestite crack addict from Texas (apologies to anyone else wearing a Stetson).

The shhh stuff this morning (the quality of the posts) was uninteresting. I looked them up. There were meant to be 43 posts, but there were only 5 to be seen.

This is a hacker. It isn't possible to judge whether it is WITD, or another individual. I doubt personally that it is the same person at all. The only bit I would back up as "elucidating" is the public execution of Colin Powell, but I have been talking about that for weeks, and I'm not a DoD employee.

This place continues to go through bursts of mass hysteria. Remind me not to bunker up with any of you guys when the missiles start coming (J/K.)

BTW, I am not SimonGray, I want to know more about the conspiracy of dragonrider's massive ATS points, and I am now formally gone.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
conspiracy of points what ... what's this? points?

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone is reading the other thread still, so I'll post my question here as well. Can anyone explain this?

I was on the board when that original post by WITD was made and I am 100% certain that there was no mention of Jakarta, but there WAS mentions of NY, Texas, and California.

Here is how the WITD post appears in Mr Eisenhower's little WITD post collection:

Chaos on Capital Hill.
The football has been replaced by a dummy for the dummy.
Doves are fighting but hawks are regrouping.
The commander-in-chief takes a little time off. A trip. Out-of-the-hill. Just like before 9-11.
Who has the football? Why?

Rumors. Whispers. Fears.

Watch Jakarta.

Now if that indeed was the original post, somebody please explain MA's first reply which was just 25 minutes later:

How soon?

Why California?

Does anyone see a mention of California in the original post?? Me neither. Why would MA mention Cali if WITD hadn't first? It was edited, I was online all day and saw the original post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Proud

I agree.

I know that MaskedAvatar guy. He was talking to WITD in another thread altogether, about California.

Everyone knows that Watch Jakarta was added post hoc, except those that believe in the mysticism of WITD, or that MaskedAvatar is SimonGray, or that WITD is SimonGray, or that all three are William.

There are conspiracy nuts, and conspiracy nuts.

And dragonrider is still taking over the world.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
As far as the odd things with whispers II...

It's possible for profile post count, and actual number of posts to be different... when posts are deleted, the profile total is not updated.

It's also possible for profile pid numbers to be out of sequence... if user accounts are deleted, the database picks up the next available position for new members.

Also, because of the way the member database was moved from Simon's old server to my server (to preserve encrypted passwords), odd things happened.

That being said... I don't like that several odd things happened with this account. Were these items always there? I think so... since the last WITD episode... the code is locked down... I've changed the name of critical pages to random nonsense, and have done the same for critical variables... I've even altered the security methods for the main server and database server. It's possible this other account was prepped last time he was here... and now we're just noticing... dunno... 'cause it's also possible these are coincidences... or... I'm going crazy....

I pick going crazy... because when you're crazy... everything has an explanation and there are no loose ends.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
To throw a spanner in the works, I did go looking for all the "whispers" threads after the Jakarta nonsense, and the second whispers variant (& posts) never came up when I put whispers in the member search box.

I have an alternate view. See that WilliamOneSac observed the shennanigans, as quoted by Banshee.

Mods should check ALL the stupid posting from newly registering members for gems that show you who the past, present and future hackers will be. It's all there.

I would also suggest converting any and all registered members currently using free email accounts to registered ISP ones (except for the current poster, who would take an ATS email account for free if offered today). Cleanups like that are necessary to purge several dozen more Bellatrixes, even if they cause gross inconvenience...

[Edited on 5-9-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
as a side note... I've never seen the variance we see between profile post count and actual posts... and the out-of-sequence pid...

Like I said... it happens... but never this much (at least not yet).

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
'cause it's also possible these are coincidences... or... I'm going crazy.... Posted by William

As far as crazy, I'll reserve judgement

However, there are NO coincidences... Especially when they happen twice.

I also notice that there is no comment regarding where I traced these IPs to...

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
...sorry... I didn't read every post... where do they resolve?

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
DoD node in Dulles

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
I also notice that there is no comment regarding where I traced these IPs to...

I noticed no comments regarding my post pointing out the discrepancies in the original post and first reply.

Everyone has their opinions, I saw the original "Jakarta-less" post, therefore leaving no doubt to me it was edited.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   

DoD node in Dulles

If he has an IP spoofer/cracker, he can give us whatever IP he likes. I'll need to notice when he's on, and watch the netstat to see if his reported IP is listed.

There are more and more ways to spoof IP's.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by William

DoD node in Dulles

If he has an IP spoofer/cracker, he can give us whatever IP he likes. I'll need to notice when he's on, and watch the netstat to see if his reported IP is listed.

There are more and more ways to spoof IP's.

But spoofing with an active, functional DoD IP??? Whats the chance of that? How would he even know what it was?

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
No.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
well, IP spoofing is 'hAxOr 101', DR. It's easy.

What's easier is finding out a DoD IP. I just pulled a gazillion myself (all public record)

But, we have to ask: why use a DoD IP.
- An attempt to scare us, make us paranoid? WITD might have mistaken us for a bunch of tin foil hat wearing whackos. It was afterall a nice touch, imho.
OR
- WITD is really using a DoD IP (and what that means, I don't know)

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
DR:

You can go and get ahundred (at least) ACTIVE D.O.D, IP addy's and plug wichever one you want into your "spoofer" and BINGO(!) you are coming from D.O.D!

It's EASY...
P...
m...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join