It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: WITD

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
No, not even close.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
well i wasnt about when all this whispers thing happened..

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
No, not even close.

What makes you say so?

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   

No, not even close.

I think PA knows something!!!!

Hold him over the fire boys!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
STOP THAT LYNCHING!

Did Proud mean

No, WITD wasn't close to real....

OR

(in reference to WOS, on the previous page)

No, he wasn't Wisdom, he was someone else...

Even if the latter, it may be that he knew Wisdom well, and knew WITD could not be Wisdom (whoever Wisdom was, I am thinking maybe Wisdom Earle from Twin Peaks?)

Be kind to fellow Moderators!

And learn them some things, like the value of putting things in context, like the word "No" and upward glancing smilies...

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Oh I think Whispers is a bit closer than we think...

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
my count: 8-8-1

but.... i clicked on this thread at 6:50 or so

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Now dr is being cryptic, AND earning humongous points in the process...

I don't think it was an inside job, but I do think it showed a significant understanding of XMBs and SQLs and a grip on the language of the beltway.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hi OIMD

The Council is indeed locked, if you include Proud's "No" as a genuine "No" after the lynching.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I would be quite happy to sacrifice every last point in order to get a straight answer on exactly what I am working on right now...

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If I can help dr, I will, points or no points...

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
There are still many secret forum members who have yet to vote.... and all the party line mods have already cast their lots. So...

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I vote yes.
Very much yes.

-B.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Did Proud mean

No, WITD wasn't close to real....

OR

No, he wasn't Wisdom, he was someone else...

I menat NO, as in not close to real. That's my opinion after watching all the events unfold. There's no doubt in my mind those posts were edited.

Now if someone could help me off this fire, I'd like to go find a second mention of "Wisdom", the first for me being a few posts ago.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well... as they say when the plot is about the thicken.... The plot is about to thicken...

It seems, and through some very interesting investigation through certain members of ATS staff and some non-resident internet security individuals, that our friendly neighborhood Whispers is indeed back among us....

However, rather than just go off halfcocked spouting about "Its Him" I did take the time to do a bit of homework.

The name is questions seems to be -shhh-whispers-... and it seems he has been here for some time... if you look up his posts, they are OBVIOUSLY the same posting style as WITD... Yes, the dates are awful screwy (which certainly raises a lot of questions in themselves)...

Now, this is where it gets interesting...

One of the wonderful ATS mods did a bit of snooping on this individual and came up with this...

DoD Network Information Center
XXXX Science Applications Ct
M/S XX XX
Vienna, VA, XXXXX-XXXX
US

(modified on purpose)

I then contacted a personal friend (who has never visited ATS) who is an internet security professional... and this is what he had to say on the matter....

Hey *****,

I did some nosing around on the IPs you sent me. What's going on?? This isn't your ordinary hacker MO, so I know this isn't really about somebody doing a little defacing. Tell me what you can, because now I'm curious.
I'll be honest. I'm not sure how much information I can/will give you.
Rough traces, these fellas. I don't see any evidence of spoofing, and that concerns me. You could be getting in over your head here.
Alright, I'll say this (and no more!)

Whoever this person is, they're damned good at security and on a protected network. Chased the conn down through a few countries, but they're all resolving to a direct high-level governmental/military backbone connect in the immediate vicinity of Washington.

You owe me one, man. It's a good thing I did this from home.

Now, do we REALLY think this is a hoaxing hacker???

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
damn good, yes

hacking, yes - MARKEDLY so - read Kukla's thread

hoaxing - yes

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I menat NO, as in not close to real. That's my opinion after watching all the events unfold. There's no doubt in my mind those posts were edited.

My bad. Sorry!

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
damn good, yes

hacking, yes - MARKEDLY so - read Kukla's thread

hoaxing - yes

Explain why ALL IPS (as found by 2 separate sources) track to the DoD???

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I was certain that this was a hoax but now I am not so sure. The person shhh whispers has been watching the board this evening, however he is not showing up in the who's on line box on the main page. He is indeed spoofing or hacking or whatever you want to call it, but I am starting to feel like my head is spinning.

One Sac is reeling!

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
So if Whispers is indeed back, and obviously has some high level penetration abilities (per WOS' observation)... and my personal suspicion that this is an internet intel employee likely of the DIA or NSA... he would likely have the ability to make such manipulations... but does that discredit his accuracy of information?

The IPs DO NOT LIE.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join