It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The possible truth about Sky/Flying rods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

This is a photo taken at night near a moth hotspot i guess this closes the flying rod subject.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I personally recorded this daytime rod and compared it with a moth at the same frame rate of 240fps. I compared the two in response to the monsterquest episode.
youtu.be...
I welcome anyone to explain why a reqular insect would look like this at 240fps. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoseaintcontrails
I welcome anyone to explain why a reqular insect would look like this at 240fps. Thank you.

It's not the frame speed that's important, it's how and how long the chip scans the image. Each video frame is relatively long-exposure shot, capturing nearby / fast moving objects as a blur (with occasional wing flaps). Tests done to investigate whether or not the "rods" were bugs were conducted with traps set up to catch whatever was flying by. They were ordinary moths.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

It's not the frame speed that's important, it's how and how long the chip scans the image. Each video frame is relatively long-exposure shot, capturing nearby / fast moving objects as a blur (with occasional wing flaps). Tests done to investigate whether or not the "rods" were bugs were conducted with traps set up to catch whatever was flying by. They were ordinary moths.

How can a frame be a long exposure shot if it's capturing 240 frames in a second? I have captured many other insects before on camera at 240 fps and they are easily identifyable. Wing flap is verifyable even on insects as small as wasps at 240 fps.
I would like to see video evidence of them recording rods flying into the nets.
I would also like to see any video recorded at 240 fps where moths aren't easily identifyable.

edit on 6-3-2018 by Thoseaintcontrails because: addition

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hummingbirds have the fastest wing flap of birds and you can see their individual wing flaps at 240 fps.

Here shows the individual wing flaps of insects at 240fps.

It's not difficult and doesn't take $30,000 cameras to record insects as they really appear. Camera technology is pretty advanced these days.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I would also like to see any video recorded at 240 fps where moths aren't easily identifyable.

No video, but you can read an article on the study of rods done by Chinese Central TV in 2005 here:
tech.sina.com.cn...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

No video, but you can read an article on the study of rods done by Chinese Central TV in 2005 here:
tech.sina.com.cn...

This day in age, some video evidence is needed or it's not real, I don't think that link would pass the scientific method. That could be propaganda from the Chinese Government for all I know.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join