It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The possible truth about Sky/Flying rods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Recently in Hong Kong news, they showed news about flying rods in China, Beijing. it was fascinating.

i can't remember much here are the important points, if i could find the footage again, or news about it, i'll post it here.

A supposely "flying rod" has beed discovered by a security camera. Then they called up the ufo experts, who came and investigated about this case. They put up nets and night and stuff, and observed the camera again. And there it was the flying rod, zooming past the camera and straight into the net. everybody, excitied started runnign towards it and to their dismay it was a moth, in fact the fastest flying moth. The next day, the ufo experts were walking in the field with their hand held video camera and when oen accidently slipped, there it was again the flying rod.

The conclusion they came upon were that the rods were really the moths. They speeded up the security camera to many frames per second and all the insects were flying around, as usual. Then, they decreased the frames per second and as that happen, there was a longer trail, or say lag behind the flying creature. Like when we take videos of cars with low frames per sercond , there appears a trail of lights and blur behind it. the original security camera had a relatively low frames per second, therefore the illusion of a flying rod when it was really the fastest moth flying past.

The experts admitted that they have miscalculated the distance of rod from the camera and therefore mistakened its speed.

These evidence sounds very convincing, perhaps the flying rods were moths after all.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I could have told them it was bugs years ago.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hmmm... Interesting... If I understand it correctly... So they're saying that flying rods caught on camera are just a trick of light on the film? So to the naked eye wouldn't see it... That doesn't explain "flying rods" seen with the naked eye then?

(PS Shouldn't this be over at UFO's? *** Shrug***)

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
i have seen some of the tapes on roswell rods. com. some do look like the bugs on a slow shutter speed. i saw one flying by a missle launcher while the missles were being fired. and the video of the rods being chased by birds
it might be fake but it looked real to me.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
yes of COURSE anyone could have said it was bugs. it was just a matter of finding out WHY this happens, therefore conclusively disproving it.

As for eyewitness im not sure, but its most likely something similar.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
its been proven that these "flying rods" are like insects or something going by so fast that the camera lense movement captures them in the shape of these "rods" honestly...think about it

"oh my gosh! these video cameras these days are so amazingly technological that they are the only thing on this earth that is able to detect these alien beings"

doesn't sound too convincing now does it?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I've actually believed this for a while. I saw a website once, I don't know if I can find it, that shows that the RODs are just bugs flying past the camera very fast. If you notice RODs all have a pattern on them somewhat like a screw, an undulating "fin" on both sides. Well an insect's wings would cause the same effect on an exposed camera. =/

[edit on 13-6-2006 by Kacen]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The whole RODS thing fooled me too, untill I saw the same website as the previous poster, I cant remember what it was. But It proved rods are nothing but bugs conclusivly. ill try to find it
EDIT-----found it

[edit on 13-6-2006 by Tiloke]CHECK IT OUT

[edit on 13-6-2006 by Tiloke]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Thats what ATS researchers have been saying since the first film... and it took this long to absolutley debunk it?

and Gemwolf... they are saying pretty plainly, that Rods are just bugs...
and as to the rods seen by the naked eye, yep... bugs also...

( i thought that was the whole point of rods- that you couldn't see them with naked eye?)

So can we put a little red bow on this thread, and consider Rods debunked?... sure would be nice, and save some bandwidth for the good stuff...

Next stop- reptilians...

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Tiloke, thats not the website I saw, in fact I think the website I saw was taken down. It actually proved RODs were insects by them taking a picture of a swarm of flys.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Just one point. I do not have a picture of it, but there was a picture taken in Baghdad in 2003 of a rod, but it went behind a building and out from behind it again, so if that was a moth, it was a very fast very big moth.

Could've been a missile trail I suppose.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
on that website the picture...that big black thing...that the biggest moth in creation...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I think they're real, because I've seen it, Well I'm prett sure it had to be one because it was so strang to see something come fly near the steps of my grandmothers house and not been able to focus on the object but I knew it was something like it, It like happen in a second like really fast, I think they exist because I know what i seen with my own eyes.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Nah..some people get locked away in asylum for schitzophrenia because they see things some other people can't and then make up stories to be put away so they don't gotta deal with obvious secrets. If you see that stuff and you know it wasn't caused by your bodies responses to the environment (like blood vessel issues) there isn't a huge need to tell anyone you saw it. I have seen some stuff and keep it bottled up (which sucks) until I can determine the cause of it.
I mean I know it isn't from drugs or chemicals or weakness in cell walls causing the problem so I just file it and go about my days hoping to one day see the research document to prove that it is a material object and not some retarded spirit violating us, which pisses me off allot.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Sorry but for me to believe that a insect can go so fast as to make us slow down the frames per second I cant think it's real. I don't think that thats possible, even for the insects to pull off.

Now don't get me wrong on this thread, I didn't even think of the possibility that it could be a insect, but until there is more research and a better conclusion drawn I don't think that we should even consider rods debunked.

Just my opinion though.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kikider

Some moths do as the show Monster Quest proved on an episode about rods. The regular pictures looked like the rods, and when they took photos with high speed cameras, they showed it was a moth. Hummingbirds also have very fast wings, and they need special cameras to slow them down.
I do think some of the rods are an undiscovered variety of stick insects, but nothing alien or other dimensional.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kikider

Insects move fast enough that they cause a blur when the video camera works.
Vid cams work by taking moderately low quality pictures one after another.
Just like when you use a camera and someone moves creating a blur, the individual pictures blur one into another.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
sounds like a load of Boll@cks to me !

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Hmmm... Interesting... If I understand it correctly... So they're saying that flying rods caught on camera are just a trick of light on the film? So to the naked eye wouldn't see it... That doesn't explain "flying rods" seen with the naked eye then?

(PS Shouldn't this be over at UFO's? *** Shrug***)

Moths are creatures..

Anyway; I'm not even sure I've ever heard of a rod being seen by the naked eye? I've only read about them being caught on camera...

Wig

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I just downloaded a N.American program on rods, showing those guys trip to south America to do some subterranean base jumping. I've watched the first 10 minutes, laughing at it showing all these so called 'experts' believing this is an alien invasion, or an undiscovered lifeform. It's so obviously just a film of a load of flies/mosquitoes etc.

I came here to see if people are still talking about them, found this thread on the top of the board. I note the thread was started in 2005, that's about the time I first heard about them. But I agreed with the explanation (debunk) that I read on them from the word go, i.e. I have never subscribed to them being anything other than insects.

This 44 min film I downloaded is such a load of pants, they have gone to great lengths to make this phenomenom as real as they could, they made 3D animated CGI models to show how the creature flies by rippling it's 'wings' it's so funny that people will believe this stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join