It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Discworld

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I would like to know if anybody reads the discworld series written by Terry pratchett and if so who is their favourite character.

For those of you who dont know,the Discworld is a planet that is a disc that is supported by four elephants who are standing on a giant turtle that is flying through space

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I've read a bit of it, and it's really good. Usually I'm into more serious fantasy and sci-fi, but Pratchett is so good that I still enjoy the incredibly un-serious attitude he has. The only stories I've read so far had that witch, Granny something-or-other, I think her name was. I've got a ton of Pratchett books in my to-read pile that I haven't gotten to, yet.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Lord Vetinari, without doubt. Favourite (mis)quotes:

1 "He thought that human nature was a wonderful thing. Especially when you knew where all the levers were."

2 "Lord Vetinari did not believe in unecessary cruelty. Whilst of course being bang alongside the concept of necessary cruelty"

Liked his form of enlightened cynicism, even if in the real world you'd end up with Saddam Hussein or Stalin, rather than someone like Vetinari.

Of course, I'd bet money he's concealing evidence of a saucer crash in Ankh-Morpork.

Have a good 2006

TD

new topics

join