It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good and Evil Explained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I found this site, it's pretty cool Get Jiggy With the Linkage.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 03:53 AM
link   
For a general refutation of the Parallels to the Jesus Myth see my posting in (near bottom of Page 1):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also see "What Atheists think about Graves" (Bottom of Page 2):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

For atheist comments on Graves work and Jesus parallels in general see:
www.infidels.org...

To quote Mr. James Carrier (atheist author of above page):
"I have confirmed only two real "resurrected" deities with some uncanny similarity to Jesus which are actually reported before Christian times, Zalmoxis and Inanna, neither of which is mentioned by Graves or John G. Jackson."

For more on Osiris, Horus, and Jesus "parallels see":
www.tektonics.org...

And finally for comments on a historical Jesus see:
www.tektonics.org...

www.tektonics.org...

tektonics.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 04:16 AM
link   
[Edited on 9/9/2003 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I've read your post refuting the claims of several icons being used as Jesus and yes, there are some things that can be refuted BUT, there are also startling similarities between the icons. I don't believe one religion was copied for the Jesus tale but part of many different ones over a period of time.

On your refuting of Horus I've heard many, many dfferent versions of the Horus legend, one of them is that Set ried to rape Horus and masturbated into Horus' mouth causing a new planet (the moon) to be born (Thoth then takes the moon as his own planet to keep it safe), Horus and Isis get revenge by Horus masturbating onto a cabbage which Set eats, it's all quite bizarre.

Maybe there was somebody born 2000 years ago who was an anti-establishment figure, but I feel that after he died his tale was embellished to strengthen the Church's power and they used features from many different Godman tales to do this.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamaraMorgueAnn
www.gnosis.org...

Hey.......check this out. This one'L blow your mind!

Have you read much of Gnosticism? I find it fascinating,

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Jagd, I just read the part of the Acharya S site that deals with the similarities between Buddha, Horus etc (I've only just found the whole site, I just thought some of the things written were worthy of posting and an interesting read).
She does indeed say that Buddha was crucified, which is a complete lie, I'm very pissed off about this. Why is it that people have to lie to get their points across?
Bah.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamaraMorgueAnn
And yes, it most definately is fascinating. The last link I left you was from the .... well, lets say from the Daughter of Jesus before the Earth was created. This IS a mystery. And in it you will find references towards the Daughter of the King and Lucifer the First Angel.

I'm telling you sweet Dany Doll, you really have hit on an excellent subject and I feel it is TIME now for people to realize just what is good and what is evil and how it all works together.

Thank-You SO much!

The only thing is that Lucifer wasn't an angel, he was a Babylonian king.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by �any
I found this site, it's pretty cool Get Jiggy With the Linkage.

Good post Dany! I enjoyed it. I'll have to check out the other material on that site. The way it's written gets right to the point, I like that.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
"Good" and "evil"..."right" and "wrong" are not intrinsic. They are subjective judgements based on a personal value system incorporating our experiences, what we have been taught, what we read, what we hear, what we see, etc.
Having an inate sense of these is bullcrap....they are learned. A baby and subsequently a child learning to crawl and walk has NO sense of "right" and "wrong" or "good" and "bad." This child learns them and through aging, experiences, further teaching, reading, watching, hearing, etc, the child establishes and further defines these.

Sin=law and the consequence of breaking such on a religious platform.
I tend to view the Ten Commandment's as not laws but as a marriage contract of sorts....a moral coding and conduct....as the Ten Committments....as NDW has eluded to in his series of books concerning his "conversations with God." We do these things, these moral codings, etc., out of Love, unconditional Love. Jesus taught this well and incorporated them all into on thing...."do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 5-9-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
"Good" and "evil"..."right" and "wrong" are not intrinsic. They are subjective judgements based on a personal value system incorporating our experiences, what we have been taught, what we read, what we hear, what we see, etc.
Having an inate sense of these is bullcrap....they are learned. A baby and subsequently a child learning to crawl and walk has NO sense of "right" and "wrong" or "good" and "bad." This child learns them and through aging, experiences, further teaching, reading, watching, hearing, etc, the child establishes and further defines these.

Sin=law and the consequence of breaking such on a religious platform.
I tend to view the Ten Commandment's as not laws but as a marriage contract of sorts....a moral coding and conduct....as the Ten Committments....as NDW has eluded to in his series of books concerning his "conversations with God." We do these things, these moral codings, etc., out of Love, unconditional Love. Jesus taught this well and incorporated them all into on thing...."do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 5-9-2003 by Seekerof]

That's basically what the website says...

top topics

join