It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Christian Group Blames Katrina on Gays

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
It is extemely ignorant to claim that Christians are "haters".

While I will not lay claim to whether or not God set out to punish New Orleans for its lifestyle, I will say that Christians do not "hate" the homosexual, the murderer, the rapist or the abortionist, for examples. WE, as God, hate the sin, not the sinner. What some despise is that there are people who remind them that wrong behavior is exactly that - wrong, and they try and paint us as "haters" when we remind people that they should get within God's commands (they aren't guidelines or suggestions, you know).

Now that I have answered the anti-Christian hate and bigotry in a reasonable manner, allow me to ask a question; do these folks have some sort of hotline, where God tells them, "Look out, I'm gonna lay waste to a city on the coast, and these are the specific reasons why..."?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
TC
I would like to hazard a guess here..I'd wager that no less than 70 percent of Christians aren't really Christians at all, and by that I mean: they make no reasonable effort towards upholding the principles Jesus Christ lived and died for.

I'd wager, further, that 90% of contemporary Christians have not read the apocrypha and have no workable grasp of the philosophy of the early Christian writers/philosophers. This current blend of Christianity might as well be the Gospel according to Bob, it's so diluted from its pure form.

So your claims are true regarding Christians, because Christians don't hate. However, the folks under discussion ARE NOT CHRISTIAN, not in any meaningul sense of the word. They're cultists, pure and simple, by the book definition.

At least that's my opinion.

I believe you might be a real Christian TC. Never having met you, I couldn't say for sure, but I suspect you of true Christian leanings. A true Christian is bound to remember two things always, their place beneath God as Judge, and their place beside their fellow men, each one of us a child of the almighty. Forgetting one or both of these fundamental principles makes a mockery of Christianity.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
"Hatred! Bitter, evil, hatred! "

That sums up all religions.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
To the so-called Christians who believe that a hurricane is sent as punishment to gay people, .........I don't know, this is so ludicrus that I'm at a loss for words.

How do you think God feels!

Please, people, do you know how ridiculous you sound? Maybe the hurricane was sent here to punish the narrow-minded, no-minded lot of you!

But, I can't lower myself to even think in those terms.

[edit on 9/5/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well this is utter stupidity. Some native tribes called tornados the finger of god. So must be fair to say everytime a twister take out a church, must be god. How ignorant.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
What would Jesus do? Shake his head in pity at these fools and go back to helping the disaster victims regardless of their race, age, wealth, religion or sexual preference.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Actually I believe some other religious group might be able to argue that God spared New Orleans from the worst of the hurricane. I heard the highest wind speeds in New Orleans were estimated at 100 mph (a category 2 storm) and the center of the storm took a slight jog to the east before landfall and it weakened.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by orionthehunter]

Very good point, orion. If these idiots are claiming New Orleans got some wrath of God-dose because of homosexuality, then what the heck has been going on over in Mississippi???

Hateful idiots.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Please send money for the United States education system.

And for anyone out there made of mud or missing a rib bone, here's how a hurricane is formed.

How a Hurricane Forms

Hurricanes form in tropical regions where there is warm water (at least 80 degrees Fahrenheit / 27 degrees Celsius), moist air and converging equatorial winds. Most Atlantic hurricanes begin off the west coast of Africa, starting as thunderstorms that move out over the warm, tropical ocean waters. A thunderstorm reaches hurricane status in three stages:

~Tropical depression - swirling clouds and rain with wind speeds of less than 38 mph (61.15 kph / 33 kt)
~Tropical storm - wind speeds of 39 to 73 mph (54.7 to 117.5 kph / 34 to 63 kt)
~Hurricane - wind speeds greater than 74 mph (119 kph / 64 kt)

Here's a picture from an orbiting satellite in space (not an actual God's eye view):

Notice the lack of God's finger ala the Sistene Chapel ceiling pushing it along. Nor anywhere in the rather pedestrian formation of a hurricane does the following occur in stages:

~Messianic depression - swirling despondency clouds God's judgement and his sadness over events on earth send rain with wind speeds of less than 38 mph (61.15 kph / 33 kt)
~HissyMystical storm - As God gets "huffy" that nobody sees him in all the pancakes and omlette's he occasionally appears in wind speeds increase to 39 to 73 mph (54.7 to 117.5 kph / 34 to 63 kt)
~God's Hurricane - "it's on!" because the last couple millenia of butt sex was one thing, but He'll only tolerate so much from New Orleans. As any successful Cowboy's quarterback will tell you in a post game interview God plays favorites and the "Saints" suck anyway so wind speeds greater than 74 mph (119 kph / 64 kt) are sure to kick in if just one more person shows their boobs.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Umm.. Is China gay? They are getting hit, Japan? Taiwan? God is so mad right now.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

~God's Hurricane - "it's on!" because the last couple millenia of butt sex was one thing, but He'll only tolerate so much from New Orleans. As any successful Cowboy's quarterback will tell you in a post game interview God plays favorites and the "Saints" suck anyway so wind speeds greater than 74 mph (119 kph / 64 kt) are sure to kick in if just one more person shows their boobs.

Thanks for making me spew my Cheerios all over the keyboards.

Your power as a writer is exemplified when augmented by humour and wit.

I knew this type of response to the hurricane was coming, but I figured it would be the pagan celebration of Mardi Gras which would be blamed more than anything. I'm surprised it isn't called a Hissicane (note the cap).

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I had a feeling that us 'homo-gays' were going to get blamed for the devistation caused by Katrina. Remember when that parade of hurricanes hit Florida over and over again last year? Well, good ol' Pat Robertson suggested that it was God punishing Florida for 'harboring' all those gays. Remember right after 9/11 when Falwell suggested it was our fault for the attacks?

Now I'm one of 'the gays' that doesn't feel ALL christians have this attitude - REAL christians aren't like that, they don't beleive natural disaters are punishment for what they beleive God deems unacceptable.

Now if you are a real Christian, and you know that these extreme fundamentalists do not speak for you, but believe others think you must be like that since you're also a Christian - that's just a wee-little pinch of what it taste like to be an average Gay man in America.

People will scream out that "the Christians" are heartless, bitter, bigoted and hateful when they only pay attention to the crazy ones that rant and rave about all that "hellfire and brimstone and 'weather systems hand-crafted by God to wipe out the Homo-Gays'" nonsense.

Just like most people think all Gays are feminine acting, cross dressing, feather-boa-wearing, Las Vegas Show girls - only out to "shove it in your face" and try to "convert" you to one of us - when most of us are just average, mainstream Americans who happen to prefer the companionship of the same gender. Is that really worth all the hate that gets spewed towards us?

We're not standing out in front of Churches with "GOD HATES THE FAITHFULL" picket signs - I can't remember the last time me and a group of my Homo-Gays waited outside a straight bar and followed a couple home just to beat them up for "choosing" to be straight. Now, do I think ALL straight people want to do that to me? Sometimes, but that's because that's the only time I hear anything about Gay/Straight relations. I don't really beleive ALL of the Heteros think about us like that.

I'm just a regular guy, who happens to be gay - I struggle to get out of bed in the morning, I go to work, stop at the grocery store on the way home, bitch about the cost of gas, pay my taxes, worry about the future. But when I do these things, I'm always aware that at any second, someone might pop out of the woodwork and tell me I'm going to hell, I'm 'evil' and must be destroyed, how I'm out to get their children and make them "like me", and even compare me to pedophiles and necrophiliacs and people that are into beastiality. How am I supposed to feel about that? Am I supposed to think ALL straight people think like that about me? Why not?, that's all I ever hear.

It's not pleasant being part of something when most people have the wrong idea about it. If you really are a true Christian, please let people know that you do not share the same views as those "false prophets" that spew nothing but hate and bigotry.

It's just a shame that those bigots are the ones that get the most attention paid to them.

Christian does not have to equal bigoted

Just like -

Gay does not have to equal Evil

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikimaru
And homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord, A crime worthy of death - liviticus

Perhaps you belong to that group that the beginning thread talks about

Yes god is very choosy he obviously like to see black Americans suffer the most specially the littler children, I see you with your bible quotes will explain to all the heathens around here how God chose children to demonstrate how disappointed he is with the human race and homoxesual.

Is so nice to use God like one side fit all to pursue hate crime agendas.

Shame on you.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by paulthefourth
I had a feeling that us 'homo-gays' were going to get blamed for the devistation caused by Katrina.

ATS: You have voted paulthefourth for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Man, I don't have words for how eloquently, yet with 'in your face' truth, your post is. Sadly, those spweing the hate would never be able to comprehend it, as you speak of humanity that is far above their grasp.

Misfit

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Thats all i want to say for now.

Anything else i could say would get me banned.

I will add, Nicoli Tesla is probably rolling in his grave at all this.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Notice the lack of God's finger ala the Sistene Chapel ceiling pushing it along.

The whole gods finger thing is so old school, The big man upstairs all about computers now

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What!

What will these christian groups come up with next!?

That jesus was actually real!?

Im really sure that katrina was sent to harm gays,and im sure that all the christians who are starving/lost family members and soon to be detained in FEMA camps will appreciate this.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Then I suppose that Las Vegas somehow gets his seal of approval

Seeing as how they AREN'T being deluged with flooding . . .

On the other hand, what would Jesus say?

But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

-Matthew 5:44 ff.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
WolfofWar

God's WrathMaker 2.0 ...Love it!

Well done.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Come on, people... This is the latest WMD technology. Dont you get it?

And where oh where will the fickle finger of fate take the next one to?

Check the weather, while its still allowed.....

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
On a serious note, I wouldn't understand why any christian would believe this trash, after all, even in theyre religion, the stories said that God told Noah that never again would he use a flood to destroy sinners.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join