It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Death Valley really a cool place to live?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Saw a programme about Death Valley last night and the inhabitants say it is areally nice place to live despite the name.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
huh...Ive never heard of "death valley". Where is that located?

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Somewhere in the US near Nevada (i think)

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Death Valley is in Southeastern California nestled at the end of the Sierra mountains. Its the lowest point on the Continental US, like hundreds of feet below sea level.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Death Valley California, lowest elevation in North America, it lies below sea level.

It is a desert, and if you enjoy living in 125 degree heat, you would love it! Make sure to have a good supply of water, or you will die of dehydration in a matter of hours.... It did earn its name...

link   
But is really a good place to do you think?

link   
Yes. lot's of drunken parties.
Between cali and nevada and arizona.

Nice place. lots of sand .

link   
I come from a city called Christchurch, and despite the name the city isnt really knowen for its christian beliefs, more for its massive red light district and its rugby team. oh and for the cookie time factory (based in christchurch) whitch made the worlds biggest choclate chip cookie

um yeah i forgot to tell ya what the point was, the point is : a towns name doesnt have anything to do with the type of people that live there. (except auckland there all a bunch of JAFA's, but apart from that no ties to name what so ever)

[Edited on 4-9-2003 by seedy_sid]

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Thre is a website about Death Valley and its inhabitants i will try and dig it up.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Death Valley is a nice place to visit but u wouldnt wanna live there.

Back in the 90's, they used to throw alot of raves down by that area.

death valley drops to really #ing cold temps at night, its an extreme of extremes. not a nice place to live!

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I've lived in Saudi...similar heat...no thanks!!! Unless you REALLY like the heat, forget it.... Personally, I'd rather be freezing my ass off, than be that hot. When it's cold, you can always pack on more clothing...when it's hot, there's only so far you can go, before being arrested, hehe...

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I love cold weather conditions. But then I'm never too cold. I'll still wear a t-shirt when it's 50F.

Cold weather is refreshing.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I've lived in Saudi...similar heat...no thanks!!! Unless you REALLY like the heat, forget it.... Personally, I'd rather be freezing my ass off, than be that hot. When it's cold, you can always pack on more clothing...when it's hot, there's only so far you can go, before being arrested, hehe...

I am in total agreement with you on this one. You can always put on a sweater when chilled but peeling off your skin won't make you any cooler when it's hot.

top topics

join