It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Enough Resources to Save Everyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
We Can't Save Everyone

Officials are saying they do not have enough resources to save the remaining thousands that are still waiting to be evacuated out of New Orleans. For every person helped, there are hundreds still waiting to be rescued. This will certainly mean the death of many more and for those who have been holding on for a week, there is seemingly no hope to be had.

edition.cnn.com
NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (CNN) -- Time is running out for thousands of people awaiting rescue six days after Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast, rescuers say.

Officials say they do not have the manpower, the resources or enough time to save everyone.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Like many of you I've spent the last sleepless week watching this disaster unfold from one tragic scenario to the next; hoping against hope that the suffering would end and that we would get to see the survivors in safe locations, fed, watered and most importantly relieved that their nightmares were over. For some of these people the nightmare will never be over. And for others it seems it will be too late.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by nikelbee]

[edit on 10-9-2005 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I mean in know way to come accross as silly.. but if the above is the case, why don't they start dropping rubber rafts containing food and water and through blow horns - tell people to head north to lower water for rescue.

Perhap's this sounds a bit stupid but dropping hundreds of rubber rafts in calm water may help at least alittle?

Dallas

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Why not parachute hundreds of little parcels? Why not airlift packets of food? Why not send a bundle with every soldier going there and bottles of water? There are thousands of soldiers there now.

I am out of answers. I am out of all excuses. I thought today they would take care of the remainder of the people there. To know that this doesn't end even with this but that people will continue to die is beyond belief.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Maybe they should accept the help offered to them by other Nation's?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Most of the National Guard members are just waiting for order as to what exactly they have to do. They have been forming plans not only to help people, some of you are forgetting that there are gangs of mouraders killing and attacking anyone on site. You can't just sent enlisted personnel without any plans and hope that they don't get shot at by the bands of criminals that are plaguing NO.

The police has been in gun fights with several of these criminals, you all should have heard these news by now.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I dont understand why the able bodied people dont head north to
lower water, I mean they need to show some intiative and willingness to survive IMO.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I don't mean to sound calous but really what would be wrong with Dallas' idea? If people can walk to the nearest "open" store for supplies then can they not always walk to some higher, safer, more logical position? A position that would make the rescue effort more efficient? Drop food and supplies and rafts so that people are able to make the journey, but those that are unwilling to even mount an effort to survive may just need a little life/death motivation?

new topics

top topics

join