It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victims of shootings and rape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I've been watching the news....mostly CNN as much as I can. I have seen interviews with victims of the storm, including those injured and those missing loved ones. Has anyone talked about witnessing or experiencing the shootings and raping themselves? I know there was footage containing the sound of gunshots in the night but was this gang activity or a violent act taking place? Im just wondering weather the reports of these activities are just fabricated.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I have not seen anybody yet in the news telling their horror stories of rape but only about the time they had to wait for rescue.

I guess as not is just rumors of the rapping's, we may find more about the incidents perhaps later on.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
In the news here this morning, the reporter in NO mentioned how a 14 year old girl got raped, but I don't know the credibility of it.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I saw a man on TV say he saw women being pulled into houses to be raped and he was nearly hijacked when he left to go to some hospital where his sick daughter was sent. It is the drug addicts, they found guns and now they are looking for a fix and have lost their minds.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
That is speculation. It's easy to blame it on "drug addicts". You can't remain under the disillusion that there are not some truly evil (and sober) people in the world, and in your country. Sometimes it's easier to think up an excuse to make you feel better than confront the reality that their are those who will identify an opportunity and take advantage of it at the expense of other human beings.

I read in a thread here that a guy got shot trying to get the attention of the military to alert them that a rape/murder was taking place. Also said that a kid got run down by a cop car and the cops got out and shot him in the head. We don't know if they are true yet but they were reported by Reuters.

Anyone remember which thread that was? This Katrina forum is so busy it's hard to keep track.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by cargo]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I completely agree Cargo, blaming drug addicts is really just making a scapegoat of drugs. I mean no one is inherently evil right?

I'd imagine any drug addicts would mainly be looking for a fix...seeing as they're addicted going to long without the drug could give them some nasty withdrawal symptoms.

Basically, if a drug addict/user were to grab a gun and start robbing, raping, and killing in NO, they would have done it whether they were on drugs or not.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
I saw a man on TV say he saw women being pulled into houses to be raped and he was nearly hijacked when he left to go to some hospital where his sick daughter was sent. It is the drug addicts, they found guns and now they are looking for a fix and have lost their minds.

I remember one of the Refugess saying the only person she saw murderd was a man who got caught rapping a 13 year old girl. Once he was caught the Mob tried him right there, and sentenced him to death.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I heard the mayor talk about the big drug problem they had and that most of the people who were causing trouble were the drug addicts and drug dealers. Of course pedophiles will go around raping children, they do that everyday.

There are other scum who are causing trouble but think that most of the trouble makers are probably the drug dealers and drug addicts who can't get a fix. Why is that so hard to imagine? Men get angry when they aren't fed, imagine when they can't get a fix.

top topics

join