It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Coast Guard Rescue Helicopter Crashes in New Orleans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
BREAKING: Coast Guard helicopter crashes in New Orleans, crew reported to be OK...it could have possibly been under fire.

www.msnbc.msn.com
Coast Guard rescue helicopter crashes in New Orleans; crew reported OK

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Sorry that's all I can find on the Internet, but they're showing live pictures on MSNBC tv.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Was just watching this on Skynews (UK)

They say the crew are injured but are alive,

From the live pics the rescue helicopter looked on fire, and the tail looked broke,

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Yah, just seen the the helocopter on it's side on CNN. And a another apparent Rescue chopper near it. The close of the rescue chopper did not appear to show anyone other the the rescue chopper hoist person inside?

Dallas

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ok, well now they're saying it wasn't a coast guard helicopter, a civilian one that was just painted in the same color...the info coming out of NO is confusing...

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Ok, well now they're saying it wasn't a coast guard helicopter, a civilian one that was just painted in the same color...the info coming out of NO is confusing...

Sure is and it crashed near the same bridge where the shooting took place, but you are right they have now changed it to a civilian helicopter.

My guess is this is all happening because of intermittent cell phone service/bad communications.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yes that is what I heard is not Coast Guard, but a civilian, I wonder what a civilian Helicopter is doing in the area.

Perhaps some independent news crew?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes that is what I heard is not Coast Guard, but a civilian, I wonder what a civilian Helicopter is doing in the area.

Perhaps some independent news crew?

It was a civilian rescue helicopter the same type used by hopitals only it was mistaken as a coast guard because of the color. Unlike the coast guard this one was solid orange and not orange and white which is normal for the CG. Most civilians would not know the differance

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Shots I though that the rescue was only done by the government not by civilians specialy now that is pleanty of government help in the affected area.

Never mind i just heard that it was contracted by the Army.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

join