It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yerba Maté: legend of the indians ( another blue eye legend )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
64.233.161.104...:GyjIMlUPqyEJ:www.noborders.net/mate/legend.html+indian+legends+blue&hl=en&client=safari

Subtle but kewl...

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Sounds like an interesting drink.

A fair-skinned blue eyed man? Sounds like someone posing as a god to a race of people who never saw the kinds of a white person.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
A white man that descended from the sky? a nordic perhaps?

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Interesting legend -- but it's clearly one that's been "kit bashed" from a number of other tales in the region.

For instance, Indians never lived on ranches/rancheros until after the white man came. The names given are not Indian names... and so forth.

It's an interesting tale in that it's been retold to match something else and merged with other things. I wonder if the ORIGINAL one is available somewhere.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Maybe the man was an alien you never know is so many legends in south America that has to do with men coming from the sky that you never know.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Definitely a legend that has been created out of other stories and not an original tale. For example:

They looked forward to the coming of a tall, fair-skinned, blue eyed, bearded God (Pa' i Shume) who, according to legend, descended from the skies and expressed his pleasure with the Guarani.

That's very clearly NOT a Guarani name (see here for a list of their deities: www.answers.com... ) In fact, the only time the name occurs is in conjunction with this little tale.

Again from the tale...

Tired of such moving, an old Indian refused to go on and preferred to stay where he was. The youngest of his daughters, beautiful Jary, had her heart split: to go on with the tribe's youths, or remain isolated, helping the old man until death would take him to Ivy-Marae's peace.

"Ivy-Marae" may be European but sure isn't Guaranian. No deity of the afterlife had that name.

More problems...

One day, a unknown shaman arrived at the ranch...

They were doing slash-and-burn cropping (described in the first paragraph.) They couldn't possibly have a ranch (so the tale has been mangled by several cultures at this point.)

They were one of the first tribes to be subjugated and to have missionaries convert them from native ways to Christianity ... back in the late 1500's. If this is a true tale of theirs (and it doesn't sound like it), it's something that has been mangled by both time and by European influences.

There's no evidence in their remaining mythology that they were waiting for a blue-eyed anything.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikimaru
A white man that descended from the sky? a nordic perhaps?

Thats what it sounds like to me, Viroccha as well. Ahura mazda, Asura maya, Sanat kumara (satan), believe it or not this is also similar to the legend of Santa claus! I realized this like 3 months ago and thought, OMG he lives in the north pole! Shambala? Sanat was king there!

Pics of Sanat Kumara:

Note the pentagram & blue tint like shiva

www.metaphysicalteachings.com...

Looks very nordic to me..

www.webwitch.info...

Heres a christian page ( oddly enough, try not to laugh to hard at everything else ) but it does back up a similar story of Santa being Sanat, from what I've read much later in his life:

66.102.7.104...:Z8ysBUf4HSYJ:www.biblebelievers.com/watkins_santa/santa.html+santa+the+imposter+sanat&hl=en&client=safari

[edit on 29-11-2005 by princeea]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
just a quick note maté = excellent stuff against hang overs

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
maybe it was an albino

/stupidity
//albinos have red eyes due to the lack of pigment

[edit on 13-12-2005 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
maybe it was an albino

/stupidity
//albinos have red eyes due to the lack of pigment

[edit on 13-12-2005 by madnessinmysoul]

Yes and people w blu eyes have very little pigment too.... thats why it usually goes w fair skin...

new topics

top topics

join