It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret Award Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think there should be an above top secret award show. The premise is that of all award shows, to vote on which threads of that year were the best. The categories could be divided into things like "Overall Best Thread, 9/11 7/7" "Overall Best Thread, Cryptozoology" "Best Debate" and so forth. There would be three nominees in each category decided by the councilers and then winners decided by the members. The winners would then have a little trophy icon next to the thread and the writer of the thread would get bonus ATS points and a new title.

So what do you think? Wouldn't it be cool. I dont know what to call the trophy mabye a Deny Iggy? If you have any suggestions please dont hesitate to state them.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Wow nice idea, I never thought about that

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This is an awesome idea... while i may never really get an award. If we have an award for best research project, I might have somewhat of a chance with the one I'll be posting soon.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The Trophy..

an animated gif, of a guy pullin' his head, out of his....well, you know

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I think it is a cool idea, I don't know how possible this would be. It would take a lot of time, not to metion are you going to include topics past a certain dates? So does the person who start the thread get the award? Then whats wrong with WATS I think that works pretty well already.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Wait do you all mean like a podcast?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
When you get a second... Have a look at our signatures will you?

Springer...

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Glad You Asked!

Originally posted by Rikimaru
Wait do you all mean like a podcast?

Oh, you're in for a treat.

Podcasting is a new feature on ATS, and it is DA BOMB, baby!

Check it out: ATS Member PODcasts, Official Announcement

More links in my signature below.

And welcome to ATS by the way. I know it can be overwhelming and intimidating at times, but give it a year or so (like me), and you'll maybe have seen about 15% of the place like I have.

(Don't worry, my advice is to explore ATS at a pace you find comfortable, and most of all: have fun!)

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
When you get a second... Have a look at our signatures will you?

Springer...

Haha nice, I have had this thing up forever though. Good quote but I got mine from a member of ATS. Great Minds Think Alike

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
I think it is a cool idea, I don't know how possible this would be. It would take a lot of time, not to metion are you going to include topics past a certain dates? So does the person who start the thread get the award? Then whats wrong with WATS I think that works pretty well already.

No the person with the thread doesnt get an award, the thread itself gets an award. The writer gets a title and maybe bonus points. The threads would be ones created during the year, nothing previous. I dont think itll be very hard. Just sticky the three nominees to the top of the board theyre under (Cropcirles 2005, Need Help, Prophet Yahweh, stickied under UFOs for example) And then thered be a little icon that you press to vote for it. Only one vote per category of course. Simple but effective. Plus the councilers would choose the nominees to give them something to do

top topics

join