It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They can drop a bomb in Iraq but they can't drop a bottle of water in NO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I swear this has been the worse 8 years in American history. FMEA warned NO that they levies were out of date and need to be fixed. What is a city to do when it's budget is cut by the powers that be. They asked for money to update the levies but the government would not provide them with the money. You all wonder why this tragedy has become a race issue? Because this has shown America for what is really is. A nation that is more worried about world domination that taking care of it's own citizens. How long did it take bush to cut his vacation short??!?! Not long enough if you ask me. It's only been a week and this nation is already crumpling. Gas stations raised prices on the gas they already had. It's all about making a quick buck. Let's see how long we will be feeling the effects of this storm.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth
I swear this has been the worse 8 years in American history. FMEA warned NO that they levies were out of date and need to be fixed. What is a city to do when it's budget is cut by the powers that be.

Where was the money that was allotted for the levies going? The Federal government did fund the levies, the money got sent elsewhere by the same governor that did not ask for federal assistance for over 48 hours after the landfall. Perhaps if the Democratic governor did ask for help, or less power was given to her by the United States Constitution that states the governor must request what was needed, then the administration could have legally acted sooner, without violating the U.S. Constitution.

They asked for money to update the levies but the government would not provide them with the money.

Again, the levies were funded, but a portion of that money went elsewhere, by the local government, not the federal government.

You all wonder why this tragedy has become a race issue? Because this has shown America for what is really is. A nation that is more worried about world domination that taking care of it's own citizens. How long did it take bush to cut his vacation short??!?! Not long enough if you ask me. It's only been a week and this nation is already crumpling. Gas stations raised prices on the gas they already had. It's all about making a quick buck. Let's see how long we will be feeling the effects of this storm.

If America crumples due to this ..... yes, we are weak.

We are still feeling the effects of the Civil War, so I imagine this will be effecting us for a long time.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Why cant we get past the blame bush or its racism and all this other crap
I have a suggestion, DONT LIVE UNDER SEA LEVEL!

Also you can drop a bomb from a plane but i dont think dropping water bottles from a plane would work, helicopters would work though

[edit on 4-9-2005 by Rikimaru]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rikimaru

Also you can drop a bomb from a plane but i dont think dropping water bottles from a plane would work, helicopters would work though

A bottle of water would still crush a skull if dropped from 80 feet.

In the field military members will designate drop zones for supplies. No one on the ground to do that up until recently. And, in some places the ground is under a lot of water. Dropping supplies in large numbers was a poor plan, when there is no where to drop the supplies near the people who need them.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by Rikimaru

A bottle of water would still crush a skull if dropped from 80 feet.

In the field military members will designate drop zones for supplies. No one on the ground to do that up until recently. And, in some places the ground is under a lot of water. Dropping supplies in large numbers was a poor plan, when there is no where to drop the supplies near the people who need them.

Regardless of the logistics of how it would work, I think it would still have worked. Witness the bombardment of Afghanistan with food and medical aid. It worked there, it could have worked in NO.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Yeah, it worked there, until every one started screaming about the supplies that were landing in peoples houses, and killed and injured a bunch of people. Then the screaming about what a bad idea that was really started.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K

Regardless of the logistics of how it would work, I think it would still have worked. Witness the bombardment of Afghanistan with food and medical aid. It worked there, it could have worked in NO.

-koji K.

If you mean it worked as in it got a few smiling kids on TV with MREs, then it totally worked. The choppers in NO are better off pulling people out of their homes than chucking out water bottles. Besides, choppers have been dropping off water bottles. I'm not sure how many choppers are in that part of the country, but pretty much every single one available is involved.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Why even bother dropping a bottle of water in between 40-60 thousand people?
What would you create? People killing eachother over it?

We have seen enough pictures that people aren't as civilised as we think.

First get your act together and try helping everyone.
Ask yourselves the question: do the measures you take outway the results?

top topics

join