It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Write your Senators and Congressmen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Open form letter to those who need to hear it.

As an American citizen with my own views and beliefs about my country, I felt extremely obligated, at the very least, to do my part to address the outrage I’ve witnessed in the wake of the Hurricane Katrina disaster. In light of our challenges that this country has faced, beginning with the horrific 911 disaster, I would expect to see the efforts and preparation of our government to absorb the blow to New Orleanians this past week, taken much more seriously.

We appear as fools to the rest of the world. The handling of this disaster has only manifested itself into a cauldron of fiery chaos. There is no one who doubts our incompetence now. I now longer feel safe with my government’s protection, and now I finally see for myself that the citizens of this country mean nothing to those who control it. It’s such a sad realization.

My heart pleads to God that others have awaken to a similar truth within themselves, for in the event that slumber is to reside in the minds of men, all is hopeless. I fear hopelessness is already upon us. There are countless inconsistencies and anomalies about the way things are happening around us all. We have all been blindfolded by lies and less than half truths for too long.

There are so many events, which I or any other citizen fear happening, that we are fast losing our ability to put our faith and trust behind that most prime responsibility of our leaders; the protection of it’s constituents. This is just not happening in this day and age, but there really is no excuse for it. One would hope that the fabric of this country could maintain itself in an oil crisis, and seeing as the world is undoubtedly in one, can it? I fear not.

Thank you for your time, and may I conclude apologetically that I deeply wish the subject mater of this letter could have been written under different circumstances. I would have much rather written you a letter of praise, congratulation, and respect, however nothing about what the citizens of this country have seen in recent days deserves any of the above statements. There are heroes in all of this, but the top leadership of this country are not deserving of this title either. Only those individuals who have sacrificed themselves in all of this, for the hopes and dreams of others deserve this title, hero.

Deeply concerned and frightened about our futures,

------------------------------------------------------------------
use this and forward to as many people necessary. I authorize it's use as I am the original author of the above letter.

Thank you for reading and trying to make our world better.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Don't worry our senators are right now listening to the unless complain of dissatisfy citizens all over the nation.

What happen to NO will never be forgotten.

Americans are very companioned and generous people but they never forget failures.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
well not quite the response I had expected, although I guess your right about no one ever forgetting these things, but if you don't show it in some official fashion there won't be an accurate portrayal of our concerns as citizens, and I frankly can’t take much more of this “ohh there’s nothing that writing your representatives will achieve” attitude, but that seems to be the consensus these days doesn’t it.

It also seems to me that most of our citizenship is more than content to let the major media outlets voice their concerns and work as some kind of intermediary between the gov’t and themselves. As you can probably guess, I’d rather speak for myself.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
While a letter wrtiing campaign is something to do, the better way to effect change is

1) Perhaps donate any money you would have had to a political party or your time to a relief organization.

2) Vote vote vote

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Think about that a little while. I'm not saying I necessarily and fully agree, but I see it's truth, and poignancy in a world in which all sides are the wrong side.

top topics

join