It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DVD help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hi,

Awhile back I viewed a movie on ATS boards, someone must have uploaded the whole video.

I now have the whole thing saved on my PC, (in 3 parts/files)(windows media player files)!

I now have a 16x DVD+/-RW double layer drive, and id like to see if I can copy it to disk.

I have made many music cd's but never dvd. I went and bought some cheap TDK 4x DVD+R discs (4.7gb).

Just wondering if the 4x single side discs will work with the 16x burner, and any other steps i may need to take to burn the files successfully.

I have nero xpress, and PowerDVD programs at my disposal.

Also the only dvd player I have is an XBOX at the moment. do they play burned DVD's?

thanks for any help

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
i could be well off here (best seek some prof help from other users of this board they know what they are talking about and have helped me on many occassions) but, i dont think you can play burned dvd's on xbox unless its has been 'chipped' but ask around in here someone will know...sorry

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
the 4 X media (disks) will work just fine.
The real difference between it and 16X is the time it takes to burn everything.
I don't have an xbox so i don't know how sensitive it is to burned dvd's. From what i have read, the + media seems to be more universally compadable.

join