It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't find a death toll, or numbers that are missing?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rouschkateer
I hope this makes you happy. Jeez.

Death Toll

No it doesn't make me happy. Right now in this thread Im more interested in a public missing persons list.

If you can provide one, it would make me happy, Jeez.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
5 months Later here it isLink Now why was this information NOT availible to the public just after Katrina, or a week after. Did the government fear civil unrest for the scope of the disaster, and the ineffectiveness of the governments response....makes me wonder

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
5 months Later here it isLink Now why was this information NOT availible to the public just after Katrina, or a week after. Did the government fear civil unrest for the scope of the disaster, and the ineffectiveness of the governments response....makes me wonder

--- less that 300 dead in Mississippi. I call BS. People are finding human bones all the time down here. Remember, there are very poor comunities of people in Mississippi too. Many of those people didn't leave either. TheGov't is doing what they do best; covering up the facts so they don't look as evil as they are. What are the real numbers?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Because a week after Katrina the focus was on saving the living and dealing with issues other than counting the dead.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

What are you talking about? Wiki had a constantly updated list on the dead and missing.
Plus, no one knew for sure just exactly how many were dead and missing. We still don't! After any major disaster like that it always takes time.

less that 300 dead in Mississippi. I call BS. People are finding human bones all the time down here. Remember, there are very poor comunities of people in Mississippi too. Many of those people didn't leave either. TheGov't is doing what they do best; covering up the facts so they don't look as evil as they are. What are the real numbers?

The real numbers probably won't be figured out until all the missing are accounted for.
As far as less than 300 dead in Mississippi....that's about right.
The reason why the death toll in LA was so high was because of the levee breaches which caused all the flooding.
The hurricane lost a lot of strength as it was coming on shore. Only 40 or so people died in Hurricane Andrew and that was a MUCH stronger storm at landfall.
And as far as I can tell, like with other major disasters, the States are the ones reporting the dead and missing. They have no reason at all to cover up the numbers.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
There are many reasons to cover up the number dead. one, fewer dead makes the officals that didn't plan and prepare look better. I was in an attic in Mississippi with my wife and chrildren looking down at 10 feet of water. Does that count as flooding? I saw the devistation first hand and I'm telling everyone that Mississippi got hit harder than New Orleans. The number of dead people in the poor bayou areas of Hancock County is higher. I won't attempt to give a number because I don't know, but the numbers I'm hearing are all much higher than 300. I figure whatever the number of missing people is in Mississippi thats about what the real total is.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
TJW, you posted here at the end of Jan 06, I started this thread:posted on 4-9-2005 at 09:03 AM. This thread is into its 3rd page, and no one was able to post the missing presons total untill recently. Thanks for your post But whats the point??
If you wanted to provide a missing persons lists why didn't you months ago??

I think that perhaps the government was worried about civil disorder if a list with 10,000 names were made public right after Katrina, givin the enept government responce to the disaster...meaning conspricy! If this is the case I don't really blame them, Katrina after all was not the Governments fault, but the aftermath sure was....and if you have doubt that our government did all they can after katrina hit well according to this Link1 They didn't

And The death Toll is now upto over 1400 people according to this Link Now should we add the other 3200 people who are still missing according to the link I posted earier from cnn???? So is the death toll 1400 or 4600???
inquiring minds want to know....You would think that most of the "missing" would have been accounted for by now, wouldn't you think???

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

TJW, you posted here at the end of Jan 06, I started this thread:posted on 4-9-2005 at 09:03 AM. This thread is into its 3rd page, and no one was able to post the missing presons total untill recently. Thanks for your post But whats the point??
If you wanted to provide a missing persons lists why didn't you months ago??

What are you talking about?
All I did in my post was state that there WAS a missing persons lists that you claimed didn't exsist until now.
The link to that list is on the first page.

I think that perhaps the government was worried about civil disorder if a list with 10,000 names were made public right after Katrina, givin the enept government responce to the disaster...meaning conspricy!

This doesn't make sense or maybe I'm reading it wrong.
Remember right after Katrina, everyone was talking about how thousands could be dead. That lasted for a couple weeks.
What are you saying is the conspiricy?

So is the death toll 1400 or 4600???
inquiring minds want to know....You would think that most of the "missing" would have been accounted for by now, wouldn't you think???

With all the movement that happened before, during, and after it's still very possible that 3000 or so are still unaccounted for. I wouldn't be surprised that if by September (a full year), there's still some unaccounted for. There's still over 2000 Americans unaccounted for from the Vietnam War, which was over 30 years ago!
When you have that many people moving around to go along with several natural disasters (Kat and Rita), keeping an accurate head count of who went where is extremely difficult, especially since no one is really obligated to tell anyone where they went.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join