It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't find a death toll, or numbers that are missing?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
In Louisiana, the death toll is 923 per the coroner. They are not giving out any numbers of missing. the 10,000 was what was feared could happen. All total rough 1050 hav died through out the south. I am assuming these numbers do not include those who died after the fact but the number of bodies that have been collected.

Autopsies are being done on all bodies as some nursing home residents drowned or were overdosed. I should be back on line at home next week and hope to answer any questions y'all have as I am living this.

See ya soon!

Lily

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady Lily
In Louisiana, the death toll is 923 per the coroner. They are not giving out any numbers of missing. the 10,000 was what was feared could happen. All total rough 1050 hav died through out the south. I am assuming these numbers do not include those who died after the fact but the number of bodies that have been collected.

Autopsies are being done on all bodies as some nursing home residents drowned or were overdosed. I should be back on line at home next week and hope to answer any questions y'all have as I am living this.

See ya soon!

Lily

Hang in there

I wonder why no missing persons list??

Doesn't this strike you as odd??

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There are tons of missing person's lists. Unfortunately, they are scattered online in different forums.
Who exactly is responsible for compiling an entire missing person's list? FEMA? NO police? The Red Cross?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There's a blog started by Dr. Marble (of Go F* yourself, Mr. Cheney fame), who lives right on the coast, as do several other posters. They know very well that many people were swept out to sea, sometimes inside their cars and homes!
The Gulf Coast folks are wondering why NOBODY is looking in the water,(Not in the Mississippi Bay or Lake Ponchartrain) where the bodies are most apt to conveniently "disappear", thanks to hungry critters. (Sorry!). They saw no signs of diving crews, dredgers, nothing! Sounds like they're not looking and don't want to know.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If any recently deceased and "buried" prior to the hurricane, rose out of the graves, that would definitely make it more difficult in getting a body count.

You have to remember the damaging affects the water has on a decomposing body...it's going to be a bit gruesome.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rouschkateer
There are tons of missing person's lists. Unfortunately, they are scattered online in different forums.
Who exactly is responsible for compiling an entire missing person's list? FEMA? NO police? The Red Cross?

Hmmm lets see, the Mayor, the Govenor, and FEMA.....do you remeber Any natural or unnatural event such as this that hasn't had a number of those missing??

Why has the mainstream media stopped posting the numbers missing?? in Events like this, they did for 9/11, they did for Andrew, the Great Flood....any Natural or unnatural disaster there has allways been misssing persons lists, untill now. I find this interesting.

To date I have not seen 1 missing persons list from Katrina. I guess no one is missing???

If anyone knows the number of missing I would love to know.

peace

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I was asking because I seriously didn't know.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If the bodies disappear, maybe there will never be an accurate body count. I was reading in people magazine about these children whose parents are missing, some of the kids are young though and don't know their last names. One woman was interviewed and told the story about how she had been raped.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Loss of Bodies Adds to Grief of Many Families

As devastating as that discovery was, at least Reysack had his father's remains. Then even that was taken away. The authorities who moved the corpse to a temporary morgue not only won't return it to Reysack for burial, he said, but they won't even confirm that they have it.
A month after Katrina upended the lives of hundreds of thousands here, families of the dead have been traumatized yet again by the ordeal of trying to pry loved ones'bodies from a bureaucratic quagmire.
Malcolm Gibson, a New Orleans funeral director, said he has tried for more than two weeks to recover the body of his 83-year-old uncle, who died in his home during the storm and whose remains were delivered to the morgue by state police. Authorities would not let him in to identify the body, he said.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Most of the bodies found have been in homes not on the street. If any did get into the lake, well, there are bull sharks there and in the bayou areas, there are allegators.

Regarding the missing, people are scattered all over the country, I think it is hard to do a missing persons list. I have friends who lived in Lakeview that I have no idea where to look for them. I think one of the worst situations is that one of my husband's doctors is (or was) in New Orleans. We have no idea how to see when or if he is going to open his practice back up. He was in an area that was severely flooded.

Lily

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
10/04/05 Nbc nightly news had a story about a small town that lost 49 people and 19 were still missing. But they Still didn't give A Total number missing. I wonder why? Still

They have offically called of the search for bodies, I wonder why they haven't/won't search in the Gulf??

peace

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I'm afraid that we might never know the exact number of deaths due to Katrina. This is because a majority of the dental and DNA records on file were either damaged or destroyed by the water. I think the death toll, this is including the confirmed dead, the missing, and the unknown ones, could be somewhere within the neighborhood of FORTY THOUSAND at most.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It was either on last nights news or one of the morning shows this morning that it was reported that the official death toll was 1,203.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There will never be a full accounting of the death toll due to katrina, because no one is capable of tracking everyone that was in Nola before the hurricane stuck.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Besides, you can't identify the body with their dental records because they were lost during the flood. Plus, by the time they find someone's body, it's gonna be so badly decomposed that identifying will be virtually impossible.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
There is no telling how many where washed out to into the Gulf.

Its just puzzling that there are no missing persons lists????
All the little towns have a idea of who is dead, living, missing.

I guess no one is missing??

or is it like 20,000????? a public record would sort out who escaped, or evacuateed by now.

No lists found on this search,

www.google.com...

I searched: katrina missing list

funny how there are no missing lists but you are encouraged to list yourself, for friends and family can find you.

wierd Remember 9/11 and the missing persons lists would go down almost everyday??

peace

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Hmmm, the FuneralGate people known for burning bodies say only a 1,000 people died... Sure.

Also, again, why won't they look in the gulf/river/lake? Because then the death toll would be over 10,000 and then some, making Bush look bad, thus the FuneralGate people were called in to make sure this didn't happen.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Here's the problem though, you got millions of square miles of water and thousands of square miles of coastline to search with only the amount of personel you have been provided. Plus not to mention, that after a dead body has been left out in the water and sun for awhile, they become bloated like a balloon. If a person where on the floor of the body of water, then due to the body's release of methane gas, they will float to the top. Besides, we don't know exactly how many people were washed out to sea by Katrina.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
No public estimated missing persons list for Mississippi?
+

No public estimated missing persons list for Louisianna?
=

Wierd

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I hope this makes you happy. Jeez.

Death Toll

<< 1    3 >>

join