It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Katrina Play the Harp, Or Does the H.A.A.R.P Play Katrina?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Early in July of this year, the leading weather predictor of Hurricanes in the US predicted this storm. He showed at the time that this 'storm' would not follow established tracks, would grow in an 'unexplained way' and cause massive devistation when it made landfall. Seems he was right. He's not associated in anyway with the HAARP people, and has no known contact with them either. Conspiracy theorists might want to sign off here.

In addition to this prediction, he included 50 years of imperical (measured) data to support his 'at the time' outlandish claims. HAARP has NOT been 'messing' with the weather for the last 50 years (we have through global warming, destruction of large sections of Earth's bio mass, over-population, etc.). He included updated computer models that explain WHY the storm wouldn't follow established tracks, and would literally sit out in the ocean simply getting bigger before coming to land. He, and the scientific weather community agree that this is an ESTABLISHED weather pattern, and Katrina was a 'normal' storm. In his words, the GulfCoast has had a 30 year reprive, and at this point in the 'cycle', the storms will be bigger and more frequent for the next 20-30 years. Too bad that the PEOPLE in charge didn't see this 'lull' in the storms as an opportunity to ACT as opposed to 'plan'.

The problem with conspiracy theory in relation to weather is that we have absolutely impeccable records of the weather in this country for more than 130 years. If you preport that something in the weather is 'unusual' or even 'not right', you had better realize that there are 100 BILLION actual weather observations taken by trained personal that can and will be used to prove you wrong.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think that a weather weapon is possible, but I have a hard time thinking Katrina was one.

If Katrina was a weather weapon who launched it? Was it HAARP and the US govt? My question to the people who think Katrina was a weather weapon is: What would the motive behing steering a hurrican into NO be?? Was it a financial one for the rebuilding contracts? economic boost to certain industries like building materials, botteled water etc.. a good excuse to drive fuel prices up? Was it done to eliminate the poor minority population that doesn't pay taxes and counts on the govt?? Was it a test?? I guess I just can't see the motive behind destroying NO?

If it was another country like say Russia or China why hit NO and not some other place like NYC, Miami, DC etc??

Also I found this picture on weatherwars.info of Katrina.

The caption said "Katrina is now well inland but still a category one hurricane. Scalar geometry litters the core of this massive tropical storm."

My question is what makes those cube shapes in the storm scalar geometry and is there any evidence that shows that this is what scalar geometry in a storm would look like???

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
To know why [if it was] we have to see what comes of it.

If FEMA get a sudden boost in money [two-three years down the line] and stronger powers to move people for their own safety then we have a reason.

Control is what a lot of people in Government's want and a lot of people will do anything for that control.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
SneakySnake,

Not manmade, man-manipulated, and it is all too convenient that this storm was somehow 'predicted'. It is also a good idea to provide links to back up the info you site in your posts, that way you seem more credible.

If you don't think man can or will try to manipulate the weather, you should check out S 517, a bill quoted in another thread today.

thomas.loc.gov...

originally posted by LordBucket
That's the Library of Congress website. Notice the ".gov" address? Go there, click on "enter bill number" and do a search for bill# S 517

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Icarus Rising - I appreciate the post however, after reading the bill I don't see a coherent link. I quote from the bill per the link you gave.

Quote:
SEC. 5. DUTIES OF THE BOARD.

(a) PROMOTION OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT- In order to assist in expanding the theoretical and practical knowledge of weather modification, the Board shall promote and fund research and development, studies, and investigations with respect to--

(1) improved forecast and decision-making technologies for weather modification operations, including tailored computer workstations and software and new observation systems with remote sensors; and

(2) assessments and evaluations of the efficacy of weather modification, both purposeful (including cloud-seeding operations) and inadvertent (including downwind effects and anthropogenic effects).

EndQuote:

Doesn't seem to say to me that we CAN even do this yet, only that the Government wants to 'study it'. Cloud seeding we can do, and the Nissan plant in Missouri uses 'hail cannons' (somewhere on MSNBC) today to protect the paint of new cars prior to shipment, so some small amount of this technology is real and in use. Making rain and stopping hail are far from making Katrina GROW or MOVE. IMHO, we simply can't do this yet (as much as people want to believe we can).

A WARNING, this is VERY technical stuff (the reason I didn't quote before)
The references I quoted, Dr. William Gray: hurricane.atmos.colostate.edu...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kilendrialDo you play chess?...I would gladly sacrifice a bishop for a rook.
You may look at this as a game of chess, but it is hardly that is it? The chess board and all of its product is man made, there is nothing manmade about earth, its volcanic or temperate activity. Lesson one therefore is: do not send any hand carved pawn, knight, bishop, queen or king into battle with that which has the sole ability to create the wood, ivory, marble or crystal from which you carve your defense.

All in all, any possible NWO would require large scale panic to have the legal ability and support to take certain security protocols to the level in which they are needed for the plan to work. It is equivalent to trade losing your army or a portion of it for being able to checkmating the king.
You say that as though you you know for a fact. The NWO is speculation, and can only be speculation until individuals can unequivocally provide proof that after all these centuries that such an entity supposedly existed, provides proof that it does in fact exist. The world changes, constantly at that! Not because there is any NWO but because of mans'ever increasing knowledge and his need to advance. Were such a term as New World Order invented 7,000 years ago, the first government ever to be instituted would still be awaiting its day of triumph.

China proposed 5 million in aid and Russia offered to help with rescue efforts. I don't think that will mitigate much destruction and thus would not be to negative in the view of an enemy or attacker.
5 million dollars may seem trite to you, in which case, why not just reject every penny of aid, cash or assistance offered to you? It would not matter if that aid was one penny, it is aid, and rather than denegrate it, you should be thankful that the rest of the world is reaching out. A true enemy offers you nothing!

I have seen individual proposals from 26 entities and countries including Kuwait, Iran, Venezuela, Cuba, France, Spain, England etc. etc. etc. etc.. It would be out of place and look bad for these well known countries to do nothing.
Why because you say so? they cannot be compelled to do anything. There will be no retribution for them were they to do nothing! It seems you are one of those individuals who would scream that in its hour of need the US gets no assistance from other countries, and yet you go out of your way here to show just how ungrateful you are for what they do offer.

You obviously don't play much chess.
In fact I do not play it at all, I hated the game from the very day my father, a grand-master showed me how to play same. If you insist on comparing life to a chess board then you had better understand that a new champion will always arise.

Further, it would be a mistake of the highest degree for the US government to wipe out the gulf coast barrier and leave the rest vulnerable to earth's natural disasters.

Mistake according to whose goals?
Why theirs of course. Are you sure you play chess? The issue here is not defeating the pawn but defeating the king, and I would have expected the intuitive to understand that by wiping out the barrier would then ultimately lead to the erosion and eventual destruction of that which it sheltered.

If you create a hurricane to attack someone who can also create a hurricane, there may be no retaliation if the attack is not detected. All the people have to do is be sure that it can't be detected not that they are the only ones with the technology.
You are being quite naive here, in that you would expect creating weather conditions would be the same as creating a bomb or some such thing in some mountain edifice. This is after all weather out in the open that would be manipulated where given the technology today, any country that may have the abilty to alter same would also have the ability to understand when it is being manipulated. It is very safe to say that only few countries could be named as technologically advanced enough to hold such capability and it does not take a rocket scientist to understand that given your own sentiment, one need not know for certain which of these potential enemies spawned such a disaster in order to retaliate against one or all--just as a show of defiance.

if it is possible to weaponize mother nature, it must also be presumed that weather and tectonic activity can be steered, which is highly doubtful.

A small earthquake happens after ever rocket launch. I think seismic activity could be controlled/started with tunneling equipment and nuclear weapons. If you want to attack X city, tunnel to X metters down and detonate a nuke adjusting number of nukes and depth to maximize damage and detection.
What you think and what may in fact be true are two different things. If your thinking was factual, then tectonic activity could be controlled. It lacks a great deal of insight to suggest that unleashing devastating tectonic activity could be done in such a fashion that the other party would not retaliate and that the after-effects such as the wave would not reach the coastal areas of country and or allies of the attacking country.

Also, we have undoubtedly weaponized nature. Just look at bombs, tanks, airplanes, satellites and their mechanial workings as those things all are based on natural workings. How would weapons not be?
Your definition of nature and mine are obviously different.

Politicians already play russion roulette with 'her'(why not him?). Every chemical that is invented and mass-produced on a grand scale may have inadverdant and surprising results on the ecosystem and possibly one chemical in low quantity could wipe out all life(unlikely). I doubt seismic tampering will destory much except it might cause earthquakes which happen anyway. Have you ever heard of the Cold War? That was much more risky than seismic tampering.
In other words, you think they are stupid enough to not understand that if they shift one plate, the rest of the the earth is unaffected. I see!

[edit on 9/7/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
US Patent for Weather control

Method and apparatus for altering a region in the earth's atmosphere, ionosphere, and/or magnetosphere.

A method and apparatus for altering at least one selected region which normally exists above the earth's surface. The region is excited by electron cyclotron resonance heating to thereby increase its charged particle density. In one embodiment, circularly polarized electromagnetic radiation is transmitted upward in a direction substantially parallel to and along a field line which extends through the region of plasma to be altered. The radiation is transmitted at a frequency which excites electron cyclotron resonance to heat and accelerate the charged particles. This increase in energy can cause ionization of neutral particles which are then absorbed as part of the region thereby increasing the charged particle density of the region.

Interesting times we live. America's greatest enemy is America!

[edit on 8-9-2005 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
SneakySnake,

The fact that weather modification has made it into the public domain in the form of a Senate bill says to me that the technology has already been developed and is in play to a signigicant extent in the MIC.

I'm assuming we all know the public is the last to learn of scientific advances, after the powers that be have gleaned their needs from it, watered it down, and made it appear harmless, even of benefit to society. I can't provide you a link to back up this assertion, but I've seen it happen over and over again throughout my life.

Btw, I read the report on the link you supplied, and maybe my applied mathematics degree is getting a little rusty, but I didn't see anywhere in it that

Early in July of this year, the leading weather predictor of Hurricanes in the US predicted this storm. He showed at the time that this 'storm' would not follow established tracks, would grow in an 'unexplained way' and cause massive devistation when it made landfall.

In fact, the report was a forecast based on hindcasts, and the authors expressed great confidence in the ability of their models to predict hurricane activity, if not tracks and areas of landfall. Perhaps you would be kind enough to cut and paste the portions of the report you find relevant to the quote above, and we can discuss it further.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
The fact that weather modification has made it into the public domain in the form of a Senate bill says to me that the technology has already been developed and is in play to a signigicant extent in the MIC.

I'm assuming we all know the public is the last to learn of scientific advances, after the powers that be have gleaned their needs from it, watered it down, and made it appear harmless, even of benefit to society.

Exactly. The technology is sufficiently advanced that the need to regulate it's use is recognized.

Notably, the Bill is not law until October, 2005 - so if such technology were used to "enhance" or "redirect" Katrina, it was not used illegally.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A couple links to check out on the control of weather by man, whether or not Katrina was man-made or possibly manipulated by man, the whole scenario is for sure something to be researched and if not possible then it should be not even food for thought, but can anyone say for certain?

weatherwars.blogspot.com...
www.rense.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zero_057
A couple links to check out on the control of weather by man, whether or not Katrina was man-made or possibly manipulated by man, the whole scenario is for sure something to be researched and if not possible then it should be not even food for thought, but can anyone say for certain?

weatherwars.blogspot.com...
www.rense.com...

From a meteorological perspective it's all pure nonense. That's my view and the view of every professional meteorologist and climate scientist I know. We don't yet know enough about how weather systems develop naturally - they're such complex interactions of land, sea, air and sun - let alone dare think about controlling them (whatever the US military might want
)

Don't believe me? Why'd do think weather forecasts are so often wrong then?

As for HAARP - I've yet to see how a slight heating of the ionosphere can enable control of short term, small scale, weather systems in the troposphere. But then, maybe we all live in a computer simulation where the laws of physics don't count and anything is possible?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is great! My wonder of conspiricies has sure given me an education over the years! If it werent for my curiosity I would have never learned of HAARP, weather modification, Tesla, Tunguska, ect.ect. I think good ole mother nature was responsible for Katrina, but its interesting to look at other possibilities.

[edit on 14-3-2006 by tommyb98201]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zero_057
A couple links to check out on the control of weather by man

What do you consider to be the most convincing evidence from those links? I am not sold on either idea here, but would like to get to the crux of it.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
A good recap of what was known before, during and after Katrina is a report done by the Democratic Staff of the House Committee on Science, dated October 20, 2005 titled: "Failing to Protect and Defend: the Federal Emergency Response to Hurricane Katrina.

Among the facts within are: "The National Weather Service predicted the storm strack for Hurricane Katrina 55 hours before landfall to within 18 miles of its actual strike point aand was projecting a major hurricane for two entire days."

It's about 60 pages and some of the rhetoric is naturally bent somewhat due to the fact that a political party put it together, but the timelines, etc. are factual and well footnoted.

As for our ability to substantially effect a large weather system - it seems to me that it would require a lot more energy than we have the ability to produce and focus today. Now if there had been a short-lived, worldwide energy surge shortly before the storm appeared to change it's directiion, then I would be inclined to suspect that someone was, at least TRYING to produce an effect on it. But I have no recollection of any such thing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join