It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to live in a refurbished missile silo ? CHECK IT OUT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Have a look at this ! This old Atlas-F silo has been converted into an above and below ground luxury home. Check out the website :
www.silohome.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 04:28 PM
link   
living in a missile silo has ALWAYS been my true dream!!!

"the Atlas-D silos is the best houses ever,
and if you dont beleive us, we will nuke you
"

cool, a homemade remake of Day of the Dead"

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 07:56 PM
link   
LEts all come together aand buy it for the ats member just in case a catostophic event happen we can all go there.
Ive got around ummm.............. $5 its a start.

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 08:41 PM
link   
yeah, good idea...
and then we will play Day of the Dead

posted on Sep, 20 2002 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Funny, QuickSilver. That would be fun though, living in a missle silo. Do you know how much they cost? Post the price on this stream if you can. Thank You.

posted on Sep, 20 2002 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I think the builders are putting the house to auction to let market forces determine the price. I believe it's up around $3.5 million. However as far as providing protection from nuclear attack, I don't think so. Most of the systems which protected the personel have been removed just leaving the basic concrete sructure which was then refurbished.

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 04:18 PM
link   
we could use it as our meeting place!!

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'd only live in one if I could be sure that the area was "clean" of residual radiation...Don't believe the salesman to tell you about it though.

[Edited on 1-11-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 1 2002 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I like it not too long ago I could have bought a TBM, For a little less than what this place costs, At least this is a base that is already ready to go.

Falcon

[Edited on 1-11-2002 by falcon]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:18 AM
link   
i thought about lookin into gettin one but the price tag and the radiation could be a problem.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:27 AM
link   
There is many a reason for a silo to be up for sale. One just off the top of my head, is that it is compromised. Meaning foreign nationals know of it's location, and it is on a potential target list. So if you wish to live in a preplotted enemy strike zone, by all means...

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Bah! Radiation my ass. most of it must be gone by now, down below harmful levels. I'd like to live there. All the cleanliness and comfort of a modern home... with an underground bunker! As far as nukes go, I very much doubt a private resort is big target compared to oh, let's say, a state capital, or army base. Plus, even if it is, it's better protection than what everyone else has.

I say we start an ATS bunker fund.

DE

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Radiation has a potential life span of "Hundreds" of life times, not years but "lifetimes". Sure much of what has been released states that radiation levels have been known to deteriorate, but what isn't known will harm us. Just take X-rays as an example. Medical staff hide behind protective walls and some even wear extra protection, and for what, not even a small fraction of radiation compared to weapon grade material!

Sure it sounds niffty and all, "Hey Joe Bob, guess what. I live in a Missle silo, it's not all bad, my wife glows in the dark, my urine melts the porceline of the toilet and the children have wing nubs and tails. No joe Bob, zer0 government comp. why would we ever need that, it's just radiation"

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Now THIS is a design I would go for. I wonder what it would cost to build it yourself, from scratch, on land you own. If I'm going to hit the lottery someday, I need to start planning early....

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   
We could all meet up there and have a paint ball war!

WRATH OF THE RISING SUN

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wow, wouldnt that be someway to entertain guests. Wanna come over to my house and have a party. We can go in the silo, smoke anything we want, snort anything and the police have no chance of catching us.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
There is many a reason for a silo to be up for sale. One just off the top of my head, is that it is compromised. Meaning foreign nationals know of it's location, and it is on a potential target list. So if you wish to live in a preplotted enemy strike zone, by all means...

Actually most of the bases up for sale are Atlas or Nike series, which all have been phased out in favor of the Minutemans. The problem most often found is the the LLC becomes flooded, which costs a pretty penny to have pumped out and then all the structure inspected and restored.

Personally I would rather have an old communications bunker so I could host a private secure datacenter
I've also heard there are still concrete battlements and pillboxes on the West Coast from WWII, though I have yet to get to see any for myself, but those would make a interesting piece of property to own

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Dude...

Number one, this is an OLD site that has been KNOWN as obsolete for DECADES-NOBODY would waste a weapon on it. The reason it's for sale is because it's OBSOLETE.

Number two, the radiation levels in THIS site were monitored 24/7 and NEVER reached levels that would equate to about 1/16 what YOU have standing in front of your $99.00 Walmart microwave.

YOUR house has MORE radiation in it than this site does. USAF personell LIVED there for 30 years plus all the time wearing radiation detectors that NEVER got anywhere near the caution zone much less any life threatening levels! WHAT are you talking about?!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I've seen some tours of some of these converted silo homes, they look great .. and have like around 18, 000 sq/ft. I'd build myself a fake missle sticking out of my front yard.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by groovyguru
I've seen some tours of some of these converted silo homes, they look great .. and have like around 18, 000 sq/ft. I'd build myself a fake missle sticking out of my front yard.

Then when WWIII starts you could legitimately kiss your ass goodbye.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join