It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pointing the finger....who's to blame?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I can't quite believe it but, there are the monday morning quarterbacks havn't even waited for the game to end before they started to criticize. I can understand that Hurrican Katrina was a devistating storm that has, for all intents and purposes, destroyed the City of New Orleans but shouldn't people wait for the search and rescue phase before starting to point fingers?

Anyway, while watching CNN, I have heard people commenting and placing blame on everyone and anybody from the President right down to FEMA and Homeland Security. Louisiana's governor, New Orleans's mayor, the Red Cross.....EVERYONE is catching some measure of flack. Who do YOU believe is to blame for the reportedly slow response? Or do you believe that the rescue effort has proceeded as best as could be expected considering that the area of devestation is greater than the area of Great Britain?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Nobody.

Sure, there will no doubt be statements attesting that a, b and c could have or should have been implemented sooner/differently.

Sure, there will be the theorists who blame Bush, Al Qaeda, "The Russians", or any number of entities for the entire mess.

And I'm equally sure that amongst the government officials, various charities, groups and individuals, are those who've made errors in judgement.

But are they to blame?

Hell* no.

I honestly find it hard to believe that anyone involved in this tragedy did anything to deliberately increase the scale of the devastation....and if mistakes have been made, then that's exactly what they are. Mistakes.

And all of us make them.

*am I allowed to say that?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Everyone on earth is to blame, but the denial games shall begin nevertheless.

After all every man is an island in NIMBY land, and introspection is taboo.

You did it, no you did it, ad infinitum

The buck stops here, who said that? He must of been crackers. -smirk-

Butterfly effect

new topics

join