It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk 'vs Argentina (Present Day)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sherlock2k2

Gimpy? Gimpy. All I was issued with as my secondary was a bloody 7.62 LMG. LOL

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Don't know why this thread was bumped.

Just isn't going to happen no matter what anyone thinks.

The UK has too much invested in The South Atlantic.

It seems more than likely that there are significant oil deposits near The Falklands.
The UK offered to share these with Argentina who for some unknown reason declined the offer.

As mineral resources continue to be squandered at disturbingly alarming rates then it becomes increasingly unlikely the UK would ever give up it's claims on Antartica - and those claims are reliant on the UK maintaining sovereignty over it's South Atlantic dependancies.

In addition it would be political suicide for any UK political party to agree to any transfer of sovereignty to Argentina whilst the conflict is still so fresh in so many peoples minds.

As long as the Falkland Islanders wish to remain part of the UK they will do so....it's really not up for discussion.

As a result the UK has built up 'Fortress Falklands' in an effort to disuade any future Argentinian ideas of military occupation.
The UK could quite easily defend The Falklands from any future attack and if things did get a bit 'heated' I'm sure a few strategically placed missilies fired from our submarines onto the Argentinian mainland would quickly settle things.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Exactly what I feel too mate.

Plus, if all else fails, we have psycological warfare (reality TV broadcast 24 hours a day) and Teletubbies.

The UK cannot be seen to give up the Island so easily. That really would send a message out to the rest of the world.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Come now the undertone is the UK supports Kirchner.. reading between the lines at the time Barclays was appointed by the Argentine Gov to fix their debt default.

Just happens Barclays also had an interest in the oil rig being transferred and 2 Argentine human rights Lawyers picked up on that and tried to take the Argentine Gov to court, tho the Lawyers actually wanted info on Human Rights abuses to which a short time later the US congress voted to release some information they had on the abuses of previous administrations, to which the Lawyers then withdrew their court case and the noises of war blew away.

Interestingly by the end of this year (elections coming up in Argentina) Argentina will be fully back on the International debt/credit scene and should (as they have promised) repay the Paris Club the Billions they owe.

en.wikipedia.org...

It was/is all about the money and Britain was/is a linch pin in those games.. the talk of war was to save Kirchner and we went along with it.

Edit to add:
Rather than add all the links.. here is a simple one from the CableGate that covers the wheeling and dealing during the times everyone else was talking war.
www.cablegatesearch.net...

and at the same time this was published in the UK
www.guardian.co.uk...

Just after CARICOM voted unanimously in favour of supporting Argentina.. given that CARICOM includes British Overseas territories that means Gordon Brown voted against himself and his country in the wheeling and dealing that was going behind the scenes to get Argentina back into repaying what they owe others.

Putting that to one side, the wheeling and dealing that went on to fix the Argentinian debt issues could equally be spun around to break them.. A war with Argentina would not just be fought on the battlefield.

And this one of those few occasions when we get a glimpse of the real games within games that are being played out behind the scenes.
edit on 12/10/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
im guessing then that some things never change, god what are we like as a nation. I presume they don't still share a respirator and only have half a NBC suit. I reckon during a NBC attack we could have mustered 2 full suits between 10 of us, I wouldnt have liked to have been in that raffle if for real

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
what has this thread to do with weapons and tactics?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by requirement

Yeah sorry got a bit side tracked with Guns
but in principal i guess it is all to do with weapons and tactics.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join