It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Troops begin "combat operations" in New Orleans.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If we are down in NOLA killing people that are Starving and dying I will Pack up my Rifle and start heading my way down to NOLA and start shooting Troops.
These people are Starving to death and we are going to Kill them cause thay are "Looting" to survive.
I understand that people are Looting for dumb things like tv's and what not but u know what Them People never had anything in the first place Let them have the TV everything else thay own is GONE.
Yeah people are in "GANGS" down their but u know what Thay were in Gangs b4 this Happend and These Gangs are Trying to Survive just like everyone.
This Country dosent give a Crap about the Poor People of this nation The Working Slaves that make big companys like McDonalds Rich are going to Be Killed off from Dissease and Bullets from American Troops.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Does NOONE actually read the News? My Lord, I will bet you 90% of the people there would love some sort of Marshal Law in there to help them stay safe from the “Few Bad Apples” (Lets try a few Bushels) who are making a hellish situation worse. These Bad apples were not looting for diapers and Food these are not the people they are trying to Stop, it’s the people who use other people real problems to gain money and Murder others. Pulling Jewelry off of dead bodies, Murder and raping children, this isn’t just the 2 rapes and murders that you here about (not that that’s not enough). We all know a lot of you who spew this garbage with out reading are Bush Haters, Fine I am one of them, I think he will go down as one of the most corrupt people of all time. But, these people need help and then need law so that they can get the help they need.

Let’s remember if it was just looting for diapers, which would be one thing. But people are being raped and murdered How would have it? The police aren’t there, would you think just leave the people unprotected from these EVIL and this is the Pit of Evil, when you Rape and murder and Rob people who have just lost everything. That’s Evil, Doing nothing is Evil.

The army in there is a necessity; don’t use this to push your political agenda. These people need law, protection and help. If anything the army response is too little to late.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't know how many different ways or different people are going to have to same the same damned thing before some one listens. And I also don't understand why people won't pull their heads out of the misleading and ineffective mainstream media sources long enough to find out the truth.

Here's how bad the looting situation has been. At one point the person describing this started striking through the word "looters" and replacing it with "terrorists".

As of 1 hour ago...

A lot of people still don't know where to evacuate. A lot of people were so scared of looting that they kept their presence hidden and are just now being discovered.

www.livejournal.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
As I stated in another post, the National Guard should have been deployed DURING the evacuation to insure the security of the city and help those who could not help themselves.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
Correct me if I'm wrong. There are approx 500,000 people still left in New Orleans that still haven't been evacuated.

The total population of New Orleans is 500,000. Of those, many fled in advance and many have already been evacuated, and of course many are dead.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
New Orleans Population: 484674 100.00%

Sex and Age
Male 227094 46.85%
Female 257580 53.15%

Under 5 years 33496 6.91%
5 to 9 years 37133 7.66%
10 to 14 years 36769 7.59%
15 to 19 years 38312 7.9%
20 to 24 years 38932 8.03%
25 to 34 years 70466 14.54%
35 to 44 years 71497 14.75%
45 to 54 years 63690 13.14%
55 to 59 years 21068 4.35%
60 to 64 years 16658 3.44%
65 to 74 years 28949 5.97%
75 to 84 years 20296 4.19%
85 years and over 7408 1.53%

Median age (years) 33.1

18 years and over 355266 73.3%
Male 161445 33.31%
Female 193821 39.99%
21 years and over 330751 68.24%
62 years and over 66324 13.68%
65 years and over 56653 11.69%
Male 21423 4.42%
Female 35230 7.27%

Race
One race 478473 98.72%
White 135956 28.05%
Black or African American 325947 67.25%
American Indian and Alaska Native 991 0.2%
Asian 10972 2.26%
Asian indian 1195 0.25%
Chinese 958 0.2%
Filipino 515 0.11%
Japanese 283 0.06%
Korean 358 0.07%
Vietnamese 7118 1.47%
Other Asian 545 0.11%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 109 0.02%
Native Hawaiian 27 0.01%
Guamanian or Chamorro 29 0.01%
Samoan 24 0%
Other Pacific Islander 29 0.01%
Some other race 4498 0.93%
Two or more races 6201 1.28%

neworleans.areaconnect.com...

[edit on 4-9-2005 by SpittinCobra]

apc

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Lock'em, load'em, and aim for the head, Soldier!

I would be quite content to see that our military has doubled the body count.

We're talking about gangs here. Little pathetic "gangster" fools who like to huddle around and help themselves feel better about their inadequacies by inflicting violent crimes on the innocent.

Gangs took over parts of the Superdome. Gangs went around raping and murdering children. Gangs shot at the helicopters and started fire fights in the streets. The quicker they suffer their own fate, the sooner order shall be restored.

These gangs should not be taken as examples of our citizens. They have no grasp of law, respect, or dignity. By all rights, they seem to reject their place beside the honorable. Therefore, they are the enemy, and should be dealt with accordingly.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by apc]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
At the end of the day, the majority (apart from a few inevitable mistakes) of people that are going to be killed by the military are going to be the scummy gang members that are going round thieving, killing and raping.
They may as well take the oppurtunity to rid the city and the world of these particular people.

And since when does going without food and water justify raping, child abuse and the theft of 'luxery' items other than food and drink?

Good on em!

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What the heck is "one race"

One race 478473 98.72%

from 2 posts up....

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I never thought i would have to say this and this isnt a racist comment, but why is it when you look at the tv at night all you see is african americans commiting looting, i have not seen that many white people on t.v commiting crimes, actually ive seen more white people trying to help one another than steal tv, shoes and things they dont need? what the hell do you need a t.v for with no house or power to watch it? and whats the deal with them shooting at the police, there there to help you dur, i know that there is the biggest disaster in history but really raping a little girl and killing a little boy, that just goes to show you there mentalaty down there, im far from racist but im tired of saying im sorry for the obivoius facts that are presented to me !

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The same gangs that did the lootings and rapings are around doing the same during peace time. It is just that now they are more visible and preying on an already overburdened situation.
Obviously the police and the state are not doing their jobs even in peacetime. There is too much tolerance and willingness to compromise with crime, and this is the result.
If they gave in their badges, it shows they are not cut for the (real) job.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfi221
I never thought i would have to say this and this isnt a racist comment, but why is it when you look at the tv at night all you see is african americans commiting looting, i have not seen that many white people on t.v commiting crimes, actually ive seen more white people trying to help one another than steal tv, shoes and things they dont need? what the hell do you need a t.v for with no house or power to watch it? and whats the deal with them shooting at the police, there there to help you dur, i know that there is the biggest disaster in history but really raping a little girl and killing a little boy, that just goes to show you there mentalaty down there, im far from racist but im tired of saying im sorry for the obivoius facts that are presented to me !

Black or African American 325947 67.25%

Sorry but as you see most the people who live there are Black.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
i realize that, thanks for that info though, its just so damn outragious, and proves alot of points, the gangs are the real problem, gangster thugs who think there above the law, no one is above the law there bud, so pull up your damn pants get out of your flooded low rider and help someone out, or i have no problem with saying this die with the rest of them in a gun fight with the troops, you shoot at your own people everday dealing your crack on the corner let the troops help other people who actually need it ! or just die when they shoot you eather way no big loss there to begin with

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Mexicans like lowriders, get your stero-types right.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
LOL haha im sorry your flooded caddy with the 22 dubs

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i say shoot first ask questions later! thats my motto !

[edit on 4-9-2005 by semperfi221]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
yeah, kil, kill, kill ,hoo ha, kiiiill, burn em, kill them all, raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Why dont we just save the time and money and nuke the place. The hell with collateral damage right? As long as those damned gangs are gone, right? Yeah, kill.

You know, this post will get me banned but I don't give a crap anymore. You people are really pathetic. You fools are no different than those commiting the crimes down in N.O. or the "terrorists" or the "insurgents" in Iraq, you just wear a different mask and sing a different song. There is nothing funny or clever about the last few posts. Use your brains. I usta think that this board was one of the last open minded, free thiking, respectable places left on the internet, but I was wrong. I have noticed in the last year more and more closed minded kill em' all morons join and ruin this board. Thanks idiots.

You retards just helped me loose all hope for this country and Americans.

And by the way, why all of a sudden is it gangs doing all the looting and violance? Just curious. Did you hear that on TV? And if you did, then you are more of a fool than originally thought.

Don't worry mods, I will not be comming here any longer.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The shooting has started....

www.sky.com...

NEW ORLEANS: POLICE SHOOT FIVE DEAD

Police have shot eight people carrying guns on a New Orleans bridge.

At least five of those are dead, according to Deputy Police Chief WJ Riley.

Mr Riley said the shootings took place on the Danziger Bridge, which connects Lake Pontchartrain and the Mississippi River.

He said he had no other details.

Peace
Crustas

[edit on 4-9-2005 by crustas]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmilici

And by the way, why all of a sudden is it gangs doing all the looting and violance? Just curious. Did you hear that on TV?

I couldn't agree more...so somebody tell me please how does a soldier tell the difference between a "looter" and a frightened, starving desperate soul? And by the way hasn't anyone noticed the captions that denote black people with food, diapers and the like leaving a store described as looters and white people as having scavenged or found the same supplies in abandoned stores. Where are those standing up and protesting the implicit bigotry of those captions? # protecting consumer goods, protect people damnit. That's the pisser about the hard right conservative republican stance of the oh so much moral than thou's, when push comes to shove, they don't give a damn about real people but don't you dare touch their hummer. What would Jesus be doing...waste deep in # filled water giving the shirt off his back regardless of their skin color or economic status of the recipent and he wouldn't be screaming kill em.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I had seen Sec Rumsfeld live on CNN on Blitzer's program today. Rumsfeld said the US Military is there strictly to assist with aid and evac operations and has absolutely no intentions to use any aggressive force at all.

Dallas

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join