It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Battle Of New Orleans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

PODcast: The Battle Of New Orleans
Majic discusses some of his opinions and questions regarding the Hurricane Katrina Outrage of 2005. Warning: Almost contains profanity.

length: 07:41
file: atspodcast_75.mp3
size: 2706k
feed: ats

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Katrina Aftermath Forum Thread

For subjects such as this one for which there is a dedicated ATS forum, I prefer to solicit comments in that forum.

A thread dedicated to this podcast and which contains the entire script is in the Katrina Aftermath forum:

MajiCast: The Battle Of New Orleans

I encourage all members who wish to comment on the podcast to do so there.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

PODcast: The Battle Of New Orleans (reply 1)
replying to Majic's podcast. (The first test of the ability to reply to a podcast with a podcast.)

length: 01:17
file: atspodcast_76.mp3
size: 456k

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Looking back it is always easy to see how things could have been better done.

I watched this storm from the time it left Florida, and became a monster in the Gulf of Mexico. I can tell you I spent several hours reading every update and report availabe up until landfall along the gulf coast.

Just over 17 hours before landfall, all of the top experts made a solid and now quite accurate prediction. "55% to 75% of New Orleans will be flooded" Not only that they have known this for many years.. and anyone could see as much as a 2 days in advance the projected paths all had this storm headed right into the New Orleans area.

They knew exactly what this storm was going to do, they knew much of the population of the city had no means of escape.. and did NOTHING to help get them out.. Think about that.. thousands could have been evacuated starting two days before this storm made it to the coast.

Combine this with the fact that as many as five days after the flooding and little was being done to get the then trapped people out.

We've all been forced to watch these tragic events which could have been at the very least less tragic in the form of lost lives if the state and federal governments had acted on the warnings the experts were giving them, along with their accurate predictions.

To me this failure to evacuate prior to the storm's predicted landfall will be they greatest mistake of ALL!

So much of what we've been seeing in New Orleans now could have been avoided if someone with the power to command actions would have began to take actions to get anyone who was unable for any reason evacuated from the city.

That should be a crime!

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I must agree that the National Guard should have been deployed much sooner to insure confidence that if these people did evacuate that their property would be left secure.
The lack of planning and organization is unforgivable.

I also agree with Majic that this is not a partisan issue, we are ALL Americans and our leadership has failed miserably.

The legal ramifications are tremendous when we consider those who did survive the hurricane and the flood and DID evacuate to the designated shelters, only to die of neglect.

Hopefully we will learn much from this tragedy and act to make the necessary changes to prepare
for future events.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Wow, Replies Are Now Available!

SO tested the podcast reply feature on this one, and it worked! Yay Skeptic!

One of the things that bugs me about broadcast media is the fact that people can't reply in kind.

Now they can! How cool is that?

I know this podcast -- and every podcast I do -- will make some people want to issue rebuttals, and I don't blame them.

Heck, I have mixed feelings on my own opinions, so I sure can't blame anyone who thinks I'm wrong about something.

I know I'm wrong about things all the time. That's why I've learned to listen as well as speak.

And now, in the world of PODspace, I can.

SkepticOverlord, once again you kick ass.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

PODcast: The Battle Of New Orleans (reply 2)
Replying to Majic's podcast

length: 02:12
file: atspodcast_82.mp3
size: 1039k

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

PODcast: The Battle Of New Orleans (reply 3)
Replying to Springer's reply to Skeptic's reply to my original podcast. Oh the joy of recursion! :^)

length: 03:49
file: atspodcast_85.mp3
size: 1347k

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   

PODcast: The Battle Of New Orleans (reply 4)
Replying to Majic replying to ..... oh you guys get the idea.

length: 03:23
file: atspodcast_90.mp3
size: 1594k

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

PODcast: The Battle Of New Orleans (reply 5)
Majic replies to mulberryblueshimmer on the questions of government and personal responsibilities.

length: 03:40
file: atspodcast_92.mp3
size: 862k

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   

PODcast: The Battle Of New Orleans (reply 6)
Mulberryblueshimmer replies to Majic's reply to........ ah just listen

length: 02:34
file: atspodcast_96.mp3
size: 1205k

join