It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

expensive foods near you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
i was just wondering if any one else has easy access to the other wise very expensive foods,

where i live there is free abalone on the rocks, and crayfish(rock lobster)
some of the crays we have cought are very big, over a foot long with thier tail curled up. any one else got any thing like that on their doorstep?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have Chanterelle mushrooms that grow in my backyard under a canopy of old oak trees...Very oddly a common coincidence here in the panhandle of Florida

A very rare mushroom that is typically only found in the Southern regions of France...I can sell them to local French restaurants for near $50/pound...But why be so silly when I could just cook with them myself!

Of course, I wouldn't recommend anyone just eating mushrooms straight out of their yard - You really have to know what you’re looking for, as there are many fake varieties that resemble the real thing and are very deadly - We confirmed our discovery with a mycologist first...

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I live in Tropical Cairns Australia. A tourist city full of succulent cuisine.

Asian, Middle east, Australian, Mexican, Italian, Indian, Thai, Chinese, Turkish, Greek everything is available here along with the freshest of fresh seafood. Nothing beats catch and cook...oh yeah and we have American food too, Burger King and MacDonalds/kfc

I love food... and I love trying foods from all cultures...Cairns is the place to do it...eating seafood in the breeze from the tropical palms, with a nice cold drink, good music and a top sunset....

ah Australia.................

join