It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Katrina Incites Anti US Enthusiasm By Islamic Bloggers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
With comments such as "Katrina joins us to fight against America" the hurricane suffered by Louisiana and Mississipi residents is being hailed by Islamic bloggers in a storm of religious enthusiasm. Other comments have included "Allahu akbar (God is greatest). Soldiers of God, Hurricane Katrina demolishes America. Don't think that God doesn't care about the injustices of tyrants." and internet sites have published photo's of the devastation left behind by Katrina including peoples suffering, crumbled buildings and flags ripped to shreds by the winds. The Koran has been cited in some instances such as "The disaster will keep striking the unbelievers for what they have done, or it will strike areas close to their territory, until the promise of Allah comes to pass, for, verily, Allah will not fail in His promise."

www.news.com.au
The pictures should "serve as a lesson," one blogger said.

"In spite of being a superpower and of its technological development, America was unable to cope with the power of the Almighty," the writer said.

Another blogger, who decorated his site with photos of Al-Qaeda leaders Osama bin Laden and Iraq's most-wanted man Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, said: "America observes silence over its human losses."

The Islamist perspectives were not limited to the Internet.

A Kuwaiti Arabic-language newspaper published similar comments by the director of the Kuwaiti ministry of endowment's research center, Mohammed Yussef al-Mlaifi.

"When the satellite channels reported on the scope of the terrifying destruction in America (caused by) this wind, I was reminded of the words of (Prophet Mohammed): 'The wind sends torment to one group of people, and sends mercy to others.'

"I do not think -- and only Allah knows -- that this wind, which completely wiped out American cities in these days, is a wind of mercy and blessing. It is almost certain that this is a wind of torment and evil that Allah has sent to this American empire," he said in the daily Al-Siyassa.

"But how strange it is that after all the tremendous American achievements for the sake of humanity, these mighty winds come and evilly rip (America's) cities to shreds? Have the storms joined the Al-Qaeda terrorist organization?"

He also cited a passage he found in the Koran: "The disaster will keep striking the unbelievers for what they have done, or it will strike areas close to their territory, until the promise of Allah comes to pass, for, verily, Allah will not fail in His promise."

Many bloggers drew parallels between the destruction caused by the storm and that brought by US military action in Afghanistan and Iraq, and blasted US President George W. Bush's so-called "war on terror."

"America fights Islam in the name of the war against terrorism, kills innocents in Afghanistan and Iraq and supports the Zionist entity (Israel)," said one site, then listing two dozen curses -- habitually used by Islamist radicals at the end of prayers -- against the United States.

Amid all the criticism, at least one blogger spoke out in defense of the victims, saying he was "exasperated at the rejoicing over the misfortunes of Americans."

"Certainly, the leaders of the United States have oppressed many peoples, but the citizen... is in no way guilty."

Islamist web sites had also cast blame on South Asian countries hit by last year's tsunami that killed more than 125,000 people, saying "the hand of God" was involved.

Back then, one scribe described the tsunami as "divine vengeance against Thailand, a country of debauchery."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This leaves me speechless, although it would be kind of expected from some quarters sprinkled in areas of the Islamic net, there is an extraordinary amount of Anti US sentiment to be found on the islamic websites regarding the katrina tradegy.

The whole situation has bought out many peoples true nature, from those in charge, those looting, those surviving and those revelling in another persons horror.

It does not bode well for mankind as a race of supreme beings.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Its really sad that people take joy in the suffering of others. But what would people here be saying if Saudi Arabia was devistated by a natural disaster of some kind. Unfortunately you'd see the same thing. Its the nature of people I suspect. Sad but true.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Of course they don't look back to the massive earthquakes in Iran, Northern Iraq, and other natural disasters over the last few years in Islamic countries such as the Tsunami that destroyed Islamic communities, and call them Gods judgement against the Islamic people.

Small minds, small hearts, and small lives, just the same as any other fanatics.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Agreed Netchicken. Unfortunately its the nuts that grab the headlines. I'm sure there are many Muslims that felt bad for the people of New Orleans much like many of us have felt bad for the people of Iraq having to live through this ongoing war. I believe it to be the vocal minority.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This is news?

OooooooooKay!

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
And here, I read yesterday, of a Christian group said that their god brought it on because of "Southern Decadence", an all gay French Quarter party, was about to take place.

Imagine that: one hurricane, one city, two gods ......... and dead people everywhere with both damn sides condoning it. Yep, Ima gonna go get me some religion!!

Misfit

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Of course they don't look back to the massive earthquakes in Iran, Northern Iraq, and other natural disasters over the last few years in Islamic countries such as the Tsunami that destroyed Islamic communities, and call them Gods judgement against the Islamic people.

Small minds, small hearts, and small lives, just the same as any other fanatics.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by Netchicken]

It wouldn't suprise me at all to find that victims of 'Gods's Wrath' would see it as a sign that they need to be more 'religious'...crazy people!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'm only sure one would find those bloggers on some Islamic Extremist site...

Is this supposed to make me more patriotic? Is it some kind psychological propaganda War game?

[edit on 4-9-2005 by XPhiles]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Yes, it IS news.
This is definitely news.
The reaction of other people, in other countries, has been in the news.
Most of it has been sympathetic, as it should be..

What it's not?
A surprise...

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
And here, I read yesterday, of a Christian group said that their god brought it on because of "Southern Decadence", an all gay French Quarter party, was about to take place.

Imagine that: one hurricane, one city, two gods ......... and dead people everywhere with both damn sides condoning it. Yep, Ima gonna go get me some religion!!

Misfit

I was reading the same thing! Wasn't it the Christians who also believed 9/11 happened because God lifted His 'veil of protection' over the US, as punishment for our wicked ways?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
There is a group of Chinese members who mysteriously all joined ATS at the same time, which happened to be immediately after the inciteful nuclear threats from a Chinese general, and started spamming the boards with Chinese Communist Party propaganda. They have reacted the same way to the disaster, gloating over the chaos and the death of innocents in New Orleans:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm speechless...

[edit on 2005-9-4 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Wecomeinpeace.

Not a surpise there either.

Although, the usernames they choose disguise them so well..!

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Yeah, the usernames they use disguise them so well one has no idea if this report is authentic, magnified from a few to seem mainstream for propaganda affect, or completely falsified. Muslims are evil, comrade. (Nod now).

Remember the Palestinian 'marches and celebrations' shown on CNN during the WTC attacks, and how they turned out to be archived footage, not live? When called out on the discrepencies CNN said that they 'represented' what was going on, and never showed the footage again.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is one other muslim voice:

The oil-rich nation of Qatar has offered the United States $100 million to assist in the humanitarian crisis triggered by Hurricane Katrina

The state-run Qatar News Agency said Saturday that Qatar's emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, decided to contribute that amount for relief "and humanitarian supplies for the victims of this disaster."

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Unfortunately the manipulators and leaders of both sides of this discussion are seemingly corrupt, and i fear, evil.

Both sides have used the truth in their arguments and have perverted this truth into deciept and bloodthirst.

Those that gloat and celebrate the death and torment of the innocent - outwardly or inwardly - "Christian" or "Muslim" - I STAND AGAINST!

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think this is definitely not material fit for news..
Bloggers say all kinds of stuff at all times..Its an open society and one must deal with the compromises that come with a totally open society..
There were things said after 9/11 and after the tsunami also..
Such emotion driven rantings (from al quarters) need to be ignored in toto..

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well, I tell you what christians are doing alot for the people of new orleans.
It doesnt surprise me muslims are pleased because the hurricane did so much damage, but if the roles were reversed christians would still help those people, THATS THE DIFFERENCE between islam and christianity so all you religion nay sayers

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikimaru
It doesnt surprise me muslims are pleased because the hurricane did so much damage, but if the roles were reversed christians would still help those people, THATS THE DIFFERENCE between islam and christianity so all you religion nay sayers

Using you're argument of gross over-simplifications, weren't the Christians the ones who said that God sent the tsunami in Asia to punish the Muslims? So, where is that difference again?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Originally posted by Rikimaru

Using you're argument of gross over-simplifications, weren't the Christians the ones who said that God sent the tsunami in Asia to punish the Muslims? So, where is that difference again?

I thought it was muslims that said this?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's not just muslims.
www.repentamerica.com...

Crazy fools every place. Why the hell would a God give people warning if he wanted to destroy the city! I guess that one is lost for Allah and Jesus proof.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join