It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do i get all?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
is there any way to retrieve ALL of the podcasts? or can you only get the most current one and any new ones after you subscribe?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Download Itunes (sorry no link) it will automatically download all the podcasts.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
i already had iTunes and when i clicked subscribe next to the ats podcast feed that i got to through the itunes music store, it just gave me the most recent one.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
look at the podcast , down the bottom of the itunes interface in posdasts there is a button called " settings" go in there and make sure the setting is correct to get them all

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
it is.

should i unsubscribe, reset the settings and resubscribe?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
have you tried updating manually after making sure the setting is c9orrect?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
yeah ive done that a few times but it only gave me one more

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
nevermind, got it. thanks guys!

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Take A Number

Meanwhile, I dowloaded all the ATS and BTS PODcasts and now iTunes (WinXP version) says it can't find them. Any of them.

Considering how long that took over my crappy Internet connection, suffice it to say that I am extremely upset about that.

Also, It is not clear how I can download them again. The option doesn't seem to exist.

Now to try to figure out why...

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Majic - itunes will only keep the ones you say you want to keep , otherwise it'll trash them.

check the settings for which ones you want to "keep" and if you want to get them again you can unsubscribe and re-subscribe. I find it easier to just download them, listen and if there are any I do want to keep, move them out of the podcasts folder they are downloaded to.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Art Imitating Life

Originally posted by mulberryblueshimmer
Majic - itunes will only keep the ones you say you want to keep , otherwise it'll trash them.

I had set iTunes to keep them all, and had thoroughly scoured the iTunes options to try to figure out what had happened.

Turns out the problem wasn't iTunes, but Windows Media Player, which "owns" the My Music folder and "properly filed" the podcasts so iTunes couldn't find them.

To reset iTunes' state, I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and set it to store music outside the My Music folder (I just called it "iTunes" in the My Documents folder).

The disturbing behavior is no longer occurring.

Meanwhile, it seems Apple and Microsoft get along as well in my computer as they do in the business world.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
ah glad you found them!

gotta love Microsoft's perchant for taking over every bit of software...........

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
If Only It Could Read My Mind

Originally posted by mulberryblueshimmer
gotta love Microsoft's perchant for taking over every bit of software...........

In fairness to Gatesenstein's Monster, it can be configured not to do that, but I actually prefer it to.

I had forgotten about that, though, since it normally does such a nice job of quietly tidying up my music folder.

In other words, Windows Media Player committed the ultimate computer sin: it did what I told it to.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
well, Majic, ill tell you what i did. i dont think it will help, but this is how i figured it out.

i clicked the black arrows next to the names of my subscriptions and a list of ALL the podcasts came down. next o each one there was a button that said GET. click get next to the ones you want and it will download them.

have you done that?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The Teaspoon Versus The Sea

Originally posted by Kitsunegari
i clicked the black arrows next to the names of my subscriptions and a list of ALL the podcasts came down. next o each one there was a button that said GET. click get next to the ones you want and it will download them.

have you done that?

The "Get" buttons disappear once you download, and they did not reappear when iTunes couldn't find them.

Instead, a dialog popped up asking if I wanted to look elsewhere for the files, and then gave me another dialog which required that I know where the files had gone, which I didn't.

I checked every menu option and widget control that I could find, and as far as I could tell, there wasn't a way to simply ask that the files be downloaded again, which is probably just as well, since WMP would have just moved those, too.

So instead I uninstalled iTunes altogether to clear the download state and when I reinstalled it, I configured it to store music outside the My Music folder, and now things are fine.

Ironically, I'm reminded of New Orleans. Water flowing in, pumps pumping it out.

I could have had iTunes keep trying to store its music files in the same directory as WMP, but WMP would have simply kept moving them away, as sure as the sun rises and sets.

At what point does it make more sense to simply move everything out?

A bit philosophical for this thread, to be sure, but the analogy popped into my head without my wanting it to.

Anyway, lesson learned: when two pieces of software automatically manage the same space, one of them is going to lose.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
well, didnt think it was the case. glad you got it sorted out.

new topics

top topics

join