It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid Theory RE: Tsunami and NOLA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
From everything I have learned, it was the storm surge --more powerful than anyone had predicted, which overwhelmed and submerged many areas on the gulf coast. Storm surge, as I understand it, means a tsunami-like rising of the water level very quickly. I imagine that recovered videos of this tragedy will show similar helplessness as humans face quickly rising water.

The tsunami is thought to have possible been the result of A: An underwater bomb, or B: some sort of space-base manipulation of some kind, or C: Some other source. Tectonic plates sounds okay to me, so I'll buy the official story.

However, I am wondering now if perhaps Katrina's storm surge was generated from the same forces that may have (conspiratorially thinking) also birthed the asian tsunami.

I hear weathermen saying that "Cat 4 hurricanes can stil have massive storm surges" but with areas like Biloxi now said to be just plain "gone", was something more powerful at work here?

Does anyone else see similarities between the asian tsunami and this "storm surge" in the gulf?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
There are similarities, which have been noted by others, but one must distigush between the causes of the two. The tsunami in the Indian Ocean was the result of a verifiable earthquake. Storm surge is caused wind.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Ah, this is better discussed in the thread below anyway...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I realize that the tsunami was caused by an earthquake. Conspiracy buffs (or so I have heard) claim that this could have been provoked by some kind of weapon. I also realize that waves are normally caused by wind.

...What I mean is this: Could a hurricane provide cover for some "magical" wave-ensuring scheme. To shorten it up: If a conspiracy-titan says "NOLA gots to go", then there must not fail to include a big wave which closes down the production of oil in the gulf. They must have the wave, you see? Maybe the tsunami was a test run? Not saying I believe it, but the meme is out there.

The key question is: Have coastal cities in hurricane alley seen storm curges that caused this much devastation (flooding of entire suburban neioghborhoods)? Or is this a uniquely powerful, unlike-any-we've-seen-before storm surge.

And this thread is poorly titled, since I don't really have a theory at all. Use the link above.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
And on that note, please post your thoughts and comments in the thread linked in the post above as this one is to be closed.

Thanks
FredT

top topics

join