It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

real people Die while we watch and eat fast food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
stareing at the faces on tv you see only tv faces, now imagine with the most imagination you can that these people are people you know and they are real beyond a tv screen. what goes around comes around. be it clothes that no longer fit, send em to the sal army, be it canned food you have stocked up and will probly never eat, send it, be it just going to your local beer distributer and asking them to send bottled water down since they make money on beer im sure they dont mind. if each and everyone does even 1 thing its more than nothing, call your state rep and let him kno, hell a lady in huston donated her #ing house, there are babies infants newborns dieing, picture a 5 year old trying to wake his dead mother while his sister is being raped only to have a strange man come over and throw grandma's body into a pile of corpses to be eaten by the rats, call the phamasuticle companies and tell them to quick wasteing money on advertiseing and send the life giveing materials these people need, what is so hard about doing even something small. if you were in that situation you would be quite pissed if the world around you was sitting back drinking soda smokeing a joint watching you on the TV rot while they were in peace, quit bitching about the small # and look whats happening. if you dont care i cant make you but look in the mirror and ask yourself alot of questions....

[edit on 3-9-2005 by Annacryst]

[edit on 3-9-2005 by Annacryst]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Might I suggest that you shake hands with formating and make friends with proper use of capital letters?

I might actually read what you wrote if it wasn't just a killer textblock.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
this lazy pos is exactly what i was talking about ....

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
What do you expect us to do? Besides sending donations theres absolutly not one thing we can do to help. Beleive me, I've spent the last 3 days contacting organizations begging to go down there and help. Every single one of them tell me that I wont be able to enter the state.

Theres nothing we can do except send our goods and cash for the effort. This post is nothing more but a troll trying to feed off the emotions of people that are absolutly helpless in the effort. We all want to be there.. and those of us serious about going there are being told we wont be allowed to enter the state..

So what exactly do you propose we do?

And I want to add this.. What are YOU doing to help those people other then starting threads on forums telling us we're not doing anything? Hmm? Troll.

[edit on 9/3/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I second the troll comment.

*THIS* "lazy pos", has already donated.
I have been watching things develop since the begining.
I have friends in the area.
I'm looking at going to the area myself... but I don't think I'll be accepted.

What's this troll doing?
Making bad posts and taking offence when someone points out that they are hard to read.

Grow up or shut up chummer.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
ive sighned up to be deployed with the red cross as well as gathered canned food and clotheing to be donated as well as money. only reason i was so pissed is you responded with a negative remark without explaining anything you did so what do you expect. im not telling people to go down there most cant im just saying do something..

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'm in england, i've not signed up for anything, haven't given any money, haven't sent off a bundle of tinned food...but this isn't a competition of 'who can help the most, and then brag about it'. It's not that often that I actually 'give' to charity. The odd bag of clothes to the charity shop perhaps, or the odd tin of food at one of those things to get food for starving Africans...we did that In primary school once. All I can think of is, 'If they were too poor to buy food, then how in the world can they afford all those tin openers'.

But I think what is worse than 'doing nothing', is 'doing something' and bragging that you are doing so. I mean what'd you want, a medal or something?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
im not trying to brag. people flamed me for spouting words and not doing anything other than trolling so i answered the questions. this post was directed at americans sorry for being so unspecific:bnghd: its amazeing how people can take such things so personally and completely miss the message

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Perhaps you should point out that this is in the rant section, and that you were ranting at poeple who aren't helping? Sometimes people see it as a most recent post and don't pay attention to the section it was posted under, I know I have done that before. Just a suggestion...

If that's the case then of course poeple who are helping any way they can are going to get offended or angry. So in the future when you rant, make sure you specify who it is to.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by sinta_ilfirin]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I was just suggesting that if you want people to bother reading what you write, maybe you should learn the basic rules of English first...

Being arrogant and illiterate at the same time does not make you look good at all.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
HEY!

Are we are talking about the United States of America?

The most Omnipotent nation on God's earth?

The 'all seeing - the all hearing' superpower?

The most powerful military nation in the world- bar none?

With all that power, with all that military might and with all the people of the United States doing next to nothing - apart from Texas we, the Great British people, are sending 500,000 x 24 hour ration packs to the area, with hexamine cookers and hopefully Mess tins to cook the food in.

Tomorrow, we are going to start sending blankets to the region as well.

Me, personally, I'm doing nothing. Why?

Well if the people of the most powerful nation on earth can't help and support it's own people, why the
should I?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
well you shouldn't not help just because america is a very strong and powerful country, you should help because it's about helping out fellow human beings. although the fact that there are 500,000 ration packs coming from the uk, i kinda feel like i don't need to do anymore on my countries behalf. then there's the question of 'exactly how much constitutes to helping'. for example if i send one pound, and someone else sends 100 pounds...is my one pound so insignificant that i probably shouldn't have bothered to even send it?

also right now, america isn't so strong. it has many troops over in america. it's forces are stretched as it is without this disaster. the people trapped in new orleans were mostly poor, they are now extremly poor as they only things they own are their clothes on their back. they have no food, and little water. as fellow human beings, no matter what your prejudice thoughts about the country are, you should just help because of the fact they are fellow human beings.

new topics

top topics

join