It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We desperately need a Black Leader for President 2008!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Michael Eric Dyson, named by ESSENCE magazine as one of the 50 most inspiring African-Americans, has been dubbed by the PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER as "a major American thinker and cultural critic." Dyson earned a Ph.D. from Princeton University in Religion, and after teaching posts at Chicago Theological Seminary, Brown University, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Columbia University and DePaul University, he is presently the Avalon Foundation Professor in the Humanities, and Professor of Religious Studies and Africana Studies, at the University of Pennsylvania.

More info here..

Did anyone see Michael Eric Dyson on Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday night? He was one of the three guests on the panel. It was the first time I've heard of this guy, but watching him and listening to what he had to say, it reminded me of the spirit and power that Martin Luther King Jr. had. He knows what to say and how to say it. He is empowering and inspiring. I think he can do a terrific job as U.S. President. Unfortunately, the chances of that happening are so...well, you know. A black president? When will we see this? Any chances? We need the spirit of MLKJr. in our government! Now more than ever...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I support Condi Rice for President in 2008.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
With all due respect, what difference would a Presidents color have ?? Would the Nation problems lessen if the President was black or indian or asian ??

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
We need a good, smart, and decent president. Picking a president on color is idiotic. If I agreed with what a presidential candidate stood for, it wouldn't matter if he was blue.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
A LEADER, of ANY color is ok by me..

WE need a President who is a leader in 2008..Thats it..Forget the color..

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

With all due respect, what difference would a Presidents color have ?? Would the Nation problems lessen if the President was black or indian or asian ??

No difference...when it comes to color, no. But it is interesting to point out that all of our presidents were white. I think what I'm trying to say is I haven't seen a white president with the same spirit that many black leaders have, like Michael Eric Dyson. I can't help but to feel the same energy that MLK Jr. did with Dyson. I'm sure there's others who are just as passionate but where are they? And you can't be absolutely certain that a black leader would lead this country the same as a white leader. You just can't be so sure of that. I'm talking about the spirit that knows what is right for the country and looks to the people, not the government, for change and actually make progress in creating a better society. I honestly don't see this with our current president. Honestly, I don't know of any president that's done great things for our country. John F. Kennedy comes to mind, but that's about it. It would be a nice change, don't you think?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Race,color,sex, anything shouldn't matter bout being president the only thing that should matter are the issues....

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I didn't know where to put this but maybe it belongs here. Please visit
onegoodmove.org... and check out the top 2 clips they have. The first is Kanye West from a MSNBC telethon breaking "kayfabe" or "corporate feel good message" and addressing the nation from the heart. The second is a strong African American and I would go as far to say one of the best mayors in America Ray Nagin for his comments about the government.

There's the real world and then there's how they present the world to us.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
Race,color,sex, anything shouldn't matter bout being president the only thing that should matter are the issues....

Uh, excuse me, not just anybody can become the president of the united states. There are people who are more qualified than others. There are people who know what needs to be done and get it done the right way! There are people who love the people more than their political sidekicks. These kind of people are rare and I haven't been impressed by any politician currently in power under this presidency. In fact, I'm disgusted with their consistent carelessness on security and insensitivity with the american people.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by eudaimonia]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

We desperately need a Black Leader for President 2008!

Why? Don't we just need a good leader? One who looks out for the people and not for his own personal financial gain and the financial gain of his associates?

Why must this leader be black? What is that going to solve? Personally I don't care if he/she is purple as long as he does the job properly, with integrity.

I will agree that the black people need good leaders. There hasn't been one since MLK, Jr. Now we have pussies like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. What a joke.......

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
We need charisma, leadership and real experience. We need Joe Biden.

I'd definitely settle for John McCain though.

Peace

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

We need charisma, leadership and real experience. We need Joe Biden.

I like Joe Biden. I think we'll be hearing that name more and more as time goes on!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

followed by

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
With all due respect, what difference would a Presidents color have ??

work together so well.

A black president in the form of Cordi Rice would be the same as painting Bush or Cheney black.
There is no difference between the likes of her and the likes of the people in the current administration.

What we need is a president thats outside the Left/Right, Democrat/Republican bullocks PR show that they've built up and have been trying to spoonfeed us for decades now.

I hope the Libertarian and Constitution party's will make an incredible leap in votecounts the next elections and that the current US politics system gets a serious wakeup call with the hope that they cut the freakshow and start working for the people again instead of for the rich bastards behind them who don't need more money eventhough they'll pull al the strings and push all the wrong buttons to do exactly that, make more blood(y) money.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XanaX
I like Joe Biden. I think we'll be hearing that name more and more as time goes on!

Question is though, does Biden want the Republican character assassination machine targeting him? They're the best in the business and have an endless supply of money. Afterall, they made a guy that actually fought in a war look unpatriotic. They're brutal and unrelenting. Biden's strength will be his ability to charm.....very much like Bill Clinton. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Peace

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I don't care what color/race you are. If you support the Constitution and don't rip it to shreds (like Bush and his bunch), you have my vote.

That lets out just about all the GOP (except Ron Paul) and the Democrats.

Vote for my husband. He's old enough, he was born here, and he's lived here all his life. I'll have him run under the Constitution Party ticket.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yeah, we really need a preacher to be President. How about Pat Robertson? Jerry Falwell? Jim Bakker? Jimmy Swaggert?

No, thanks.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
I don't care what color/race you are. If you support the Constitution and don't rip it to shreds (like Bush and his bunch), you have my vote.

That lets out just about all the GOP (except Ron Paul) and the Democrats.

Vote for my husband. He's old enough, he was born here, and he's lived here all his life. I'll have him run under the Constitution Party ticket.

Does your husband know you just threw his hat in the ring?

And what about you? Can you run?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Does your husband know you just threw his hat in the ring?

And what about you? Can you run?

I will be 35 in 2008...but I have no desire to be president.

My husband doesn't want to be president...he just wants to rule the world. At least his would be a benevolent dictatorship!

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Yeah, we really need a preacher to be President. How about Pat Robertson? Jerry Falwell? Jim Bakker? Jimmy Swaggert?

No, thanks.

What, those NWO shills? I wouldn't vote for any one of those guys.

I trust no one that promotes ecumenism. They're shills.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join