It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why go all spiritual now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The truth is , many of the skeptics are faithful believers too.

They faithfully believe that the Earth is special and that Humanity is the apex of life in the Universe.

They sleep comfortably at night content in knowledge that they are right , because they believe and have faith. Not because evidence backs their claims, or rejects the ETH , as they must to continue to believe what they feel like believing.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nullster
Man, I hope you're wearing fire retardent knickers.

Just further proof that the faithful are too fractured in their beliefs to bring about a cohesive following. Which is probably a good thing.

I am wondering who this is addressed to. I am assuming me, so would you please elaborate.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
dbrandt
I'll keep things in clear context here.
Whompa1 - Why go all spiritual now?

nightwing wrote (somewhat in jest) that he would be ex communicated for writing that UFO relogions were nothing new.

I understand his comments in the context of faith and religion. As for me, I much prefer to keep all things aliens and UFO based in a science, practical, and objective environment. Discussion of faith and pushing toward religion is a very slippery and dangerous slope for allot of reasons. Extreme faithful have a low tollerance for being questioned about their foundations and providing physical evidence in which they base those beliefs. It is like walking on egg shells.

dbrandt - You took it to another level. You don't ask questions about their faith. You make a religiously profound statement. "They are the demonic forces associated with satan who are out to deceive and destroy as much of mankind as possible."

I hope that explains my remark.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
"nightwing wrote (somewhat in jest)" == nullster

Thats how I usually write.

"Discussion of faith and pushing toward religion is a very slippery and dangerous slope for allot of reasons. Extreme faithful have a
low tollerance for being questioned about their foundations and providing physical evidence in which they base those beliefs.
It is like walking on egg shells." == nullster

Not my experiance. But it does depend on which faith you are talking about. If its UFO religions, then yes, your statement I have found
to be quite universal.

With toungue in cheek, I wonder how much Christianity is in the UFO religions ?

Let me sorta restate what dbrandt said because I disagree with his premise. If you change his words to something more akin to the Ufology
believers stuff, lets say make the Devil be Reptilian and his angels like the greys or some such, and say regular angels are the Vikings (or is
that Nordics, get confused there) then it seems to me that Christians have a built-in understanding of aliens and they believe we are headed
for "first contact."

Lets see, King James, Revelations 13, I believe, ..... yes, here

[7] And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

[8] And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

[9] And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

The downside of course, is that this "first contact" is commonly referred to as the "end times". Looks like the Bible beat Hollywood to
the Alien Invasion movies by around a couple a thousand years or so.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
nightwing , nightwing , nightwing ,

You contribute to myth , without hesitation ! How low must you go ?

Lets stick to facts .. PLEASE!

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightwing
Lets see, King James, Revelations 13, I believe, ..... yes, here

[7] And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

[8] And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

[9] And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

The downside of course, is that this "first contact" is commonly referred to as the "end times". Looks like the Bible beat Hollywood to

Yes these are verses that also talk of what could be "aliens" from the unsaved's perspective. I hope people will wake up to this fact.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
sdrumrunner says:
Consider that the brain is by far the least understood human organ, the "last great anatomical frontier" so to speak... I found a good article on BBC entitled Secrets of the Brain.

Question is, what happens when the brain dies?
Is the person that animates the human body the brain itself or is it more than that?
Is the so called spirit, soul or conciousness the brain?

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Whompa1

There is a logical answer to your question about why some link the alien/UFO phenomena to spiritual subjects, and that answer is because this alien/UFO phenomena and the spiritual are related.

There is also reverence. Who among us is not thrilled by the vastness of the big night sky filled with stars and moving objects? Since I was a kid and followed every live television afternoon program of Captain Video (along with Ed Norton I presume) and his Video Rangers, I have sought out the stars as background to a thrilling adventure starring others like us. What have they seen? What do they know? Why don't they just stop by?

Reverence is not science but a reaction to something in our spirit, but science and its beautiful flying machines can inspire it, and don't forget that reverence, awe, and appreciation are in the same mind which perceives a bond and relatedness to other life if only intuitively. I would also say that the spiritual is not religion although most would say that it is. Religion and its formality is quite often divorced from spirituality.

Finally, and I know it is not generally known, those Greys and their magnificent flying transports have not come all this way to play tag. There is a purpose behind it all, and that purpose must be approved by the spiritual governments whose jurisdicition our planet happens to be part of.

What is a spiritual government? That they exist at all is likely a surprise; what they do, among other things, is to exercise control over inter-galactic "airspace". No saucer, no capital ship, no traders, may enter the more backward planet airspace without having the proper credentials. Such backward planets live under a protective quaranteen. Probes, tests, and other fact finding missions from the outside are monitored. We see only the ships, not the command and its bureaucracy.

So spiritual does not mean religion in the traditional sense when dealing with this subject; in fact, the spiritual has personnel with the credentials and the know-how to enforce the agreements of the various organizations of off-planet humans who wish to become known to those who inhabit earth.

In this activity, spirit plays a controlling hand, for it offers counsel, and it sets the process through which contact can be established. Should we earthlings reach such a state of science that we too can travel the areas of deep space to find new worlds to establish contact with our fleets and personnel, regardless what other training they have, such travelers must also swear allegiance to the values of the spiritual Counsels that govern these activities.

We will learn.
edit 21:40 090505

[edit on 5-9-2005 by Aronolac]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
No time like the present to take our world back.By becoming more compassionate, open hearted and loving.Love, will enlighten and guide because it has (light guiding it.)

[edit on 5-9-2005 by menguard]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Some of the original posters to this Thread really did have it right. What is changing more than anything is ourselves.

When you face an unknown you fill in the blanks with your own beliefs. Everyone does this, the only valid question is how much?

Regardless of what particular documents you may believe to be real, or what Theory you may favor, consider the ones you do not accept as authentic. They all reflect two points of view, (1) That we as humans can and should get along better, and (2) Someone is judgeing, or going to judge us based on #1.

Nothing new there, every Religion has expressed some form of those two ideals. We judge ourselves constantly, it is just being human.

Looks like the Bible beat Hollywood to

And the Religions that predate the Bible beat it to the punch. But when you begin to talk about organized Religions you are not talking about literal truth, but rather what we think humans need to hear.

I do like the way you put that sentence though, the two are both on the same level on this subject. Perhaps someday we will meet a Race that is indeed hostile, then again, maybe not.

A.T
(-)

<< 1   >>

join