It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self improvement for people at the bottom?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I have to agree with you there.

Insecurity while in High School...

However this is not specifically a female trait..also many people dont outgrow it even when out of high school or college. Male and female.

Learning to spot insecurity in yourself and others is a important key to surviving life as preying on ones insecuritys has become institutionalized politics today. Not just among men and women in relationships but among professional politicians too. One would be very wise to learn about this and how people tend to take advantage of it.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Loads have already been said here so ill just add a few things.

1, you need to find some confidence in yourself first,

If you have confidence then others will see that in you and even attracted to it,

I suggest you get your self in to some karate kind of course to at least help you build up some confidence,

Im sure your not as unatrative as you think, When it comes down to it...its about how you hold yourself,

Try out some hair stlyles you like the look of invest in some creams it will all go to help you feel better about yourself, Just your own gromming can do wonders about how you feel inside and out,

And heck your young! you got loads of time,

Be respectfull and always smile, that will have the girls notice you,

Good luck and keep us updated on how things go or change

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
what kind of guys do girls like usually?

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well Said D!

High school is supposed to be the best years of your life, but in reality it is the worst. You hear of so many teen-suicides because of our future gas pumpers have to pick on the ?Geeks? to make them feel like more of a man.

I've realized a controlled amount of confidence and being assertive when in a conversation. You don't have to stand out, the girl that is right for you will notice you. Let yourself be seen, but you dont need to be the center of attention.

Next time you go for gas, Go to Full Serve and heckle the guy. Lets get back at the B@$te**s lol

D

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Yes, even if you do get spat on, bagged out and given hell, just work hard in your studies and perform academically. I know it would be difficult and it's easier said than done, but just remember that in the future who'll be serving you your petrol, taking your order at McDonalds or bagging your groceries. And for those who spit on you and somehow make it through school and university, you can always reject their job applications when they come with their hat in their hands.

And for advice for that girl of yours cyberdude, just treat her as a friend. Talk to her as if you would talk to your friends. Doesn't have to deep and meaningful at the beginning. She might think you're a bit random but she'll realise that you're someone who's talkative and willing to listen. And let it flow from there.

[edit on 14/9/05 by D]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by out of this world
what kind of guys do girls like usually?

depends what type of girl it is, and what her preferences are. i guess what's pretty much universal is that a girl wants a guy to treat her nice, take her out, they love being wined and dined. guys with a good sense of humour girls also love. buy her presents (not just for her birthday and valentines) but just as a random nice thing to do. make sure you know what you're doing in the bedroom, most relationships are only sustainable because of the sex.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join