It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film of the Year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Though I have seen few of the year's films, I liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the best overall. It was original, did the first version justice, and in my view surpassed it. In second for me is Batman Begins, which is the first Batman film I actually give a passing grade to. It was very good, the best one by far to me.
The Exorcism of Emily Rose was another I enjoyed, although I know it will not be nearly as popular.
It is much more interesting if one strongly believes in the existance of spirits, which I do, and which greatly enhanced the film's impact on me.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
it's a tie for me:

Batman Begins

Wedding Crashers

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I am a huge movie buff and I am endlessly buying movies. I normally agree with most lists of best movies but when it comes to Donnie Darko, I dont know what it was, i really did not enjoy that movie.

When it comes to the best movie of the year so far I would have to say Cinderella Man is a complete runaway. Russell Crowe and Rene Zellweger were amazing. And for a guy who i have hated my whole life, Paul Giamati, i will never say another bad word about him. The scene with him and Russell in the locker room after he wins early in the move is classic.

My second choice, that will never win an award, is The Skeleton Key. Thought it was amazing.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I thought Sin City was brilliant in parts and terrible in others. Some other films I am really looking forward to are Peter Jackson's remake of King Kong and V for Vendetta.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Um, Zer69 none of them came out this year...

As for the best films its a three way fight between:

War of the Worlds
Kung Fu Hustle
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Um, Zer69 none of them came out this year...

Ummm, sorry then - I didn't catch that it's just for this year. :bnghd:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have never heard anybody ever talk about Cinderella man, on these posts or in day to day conversations. Wondering if anyone has saw it or any opinion on it. I thought it was remarkable and one of the greatest stories ever told. James J. Braddock is an amazing man

[edit on 17-9-2005 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I have never heard anybody ever talk about Cinderella man, on these posts or in day to day conversations. Wondering if anyone has saw it or any opinion on it. I thought it was remarkable and one of the greatest stories ever told. James J. Braddock is an amazing man

He was my great great uncle and my family often told me all about him.

The film is fantastic, the best film I have seen for years.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Batman Begins was a hell of a movie... but Sin City was just downright amazing.. the translation from comic to screenplay was flawless and the acting was just perfect. Everyone played their part perfectly in the potrayal of their comic book counterpart... and the effects to make it like the comic were just insane!

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Because Im the biggest Batman fan you'll ever know, I'm going with

*drum roll*
Batman Begins

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyc

Originally posted by chissler

He was my great great uncle and my family often told me all about him.

The film is fantastic, the best film I have seen for years.

Wow, in the presence of greatness.

Do you have any personal pictures?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I have not seen a movie get such a wild reaction from a theatre audience as we experienced with the movie "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"

Normaly an audience will laugh a lot at a really funny movie, this movie had the audience, laughing hysterically, screaming and generally having a unique experience of actually being surpised by a movie.

How many movies do that?

It has so many different themes runing through it, so much happening you would not expect it to work, it does.

Val Kilmer and Robert Downey Jr, who would have thought these two could pair up and make an awesome film like this? I had know idea about this flick and was enthralled as soon as I caught onto what the hell was going on.

It's the movie surprise you have been waiting for.

[edit on 27-11-2005 by Grimholt]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join