It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How do we Design and Manufacture?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
To design and manufacture we need 5 ingredients: 1) Inspiration, 2) Drawing (in mind and/or on paper), 3) Equation(s) (2 dimensions fine since 3 dimensions is the sum of 2 dimensions), 4) Lengths in cm of equation(s), and 5) Atoms (or subatomic particles; the size of atoms are remarkably similar: approximately 10^-8 cm) to "fill" the design (equations).

Note that any order of these 5 steps (5! = 120) can be accomplished with the order above the most common.

May God Bless the USA and the World with superdesigns and supermanufactures.




posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Huh!!!!
Gee and all of these years I've been doing it the hard way, by creating blueprints, machining parts and building prototypes.



posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Huh!!!!
Gee and all of these years I've been doing it the hard way, by creating blueprints, machining parts and building prototypes.




Me too! All fueled by blood, sweat and tears.

I guess I'm not a superdesigner.



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Dont worry Im with you lot on this as well, I've done it all the same myself..Oh well, it works for me at the moment, and i'm still a student...if things change, looks like I will have to change with them



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Wow!


Atomic and subatomic particles, what are ye be talking about? Polymers and nanotech it sounds like. Most of this, if this is what ye be talking about, are made through thermal and ionic proccess and not just a scientist or engineering putting these bits together piece by piece. In fact, I doubt whether either of the two proccess require anything like what I last said.


apc

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Me thinky someone be bored and/or inebriated. This was quite a random thread topic... and an abstract one at that.


I know what's involved with my products...
1.Concept; 2. Contract; 3. Design 4. Model 5. More design; 6. More model; 7. Prototype; 8. More design; (repeat steps 7+8 a few times here); and finally 9. Production.

I don't deal with atoms all that much... atleast not directly.



posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You say you dont deal with particals much, if you dont mind me asking what do you do as a job ?


apc

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm a neutrino!!


Well I do deal with particles... electrons mostly. I design and manufacturer custom electronics among other things. Although I never really think about the atoms involved when it comes to production.. so I think I need to plead ignorance to the point made in your opening post.



posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I know what's involved with my products...
1.Concept; 2. Contract; 3. Design 4. Model 5. More design; 6. More model; 7. Prototype; 8. More design; (repeat steps 7+8 a few times here); and finally 9. Production.

I don't deal with atoms all that much... atleast not directly.


We follow pretty much the procedure that you outline, but we 3D model everything and then run FEA on it. We pretty much eliminate step 8. Our second prototype is usually our first production unit. The majority of changes afterward are usually to simplify manufacturing.



posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by superprivy
To design and manufacture we need 5 ingredients: 1) Inspiration, 2) Drawing (in mind and/or on paper), 3) Equation(s) (2 dimensions fine since 3 dimensions is the sum of 2 dimensions), 4) Lengths in cm of equation(s), and 5) Atoms (or subatomic particles; the size of atoms are remarkably similar: approximately 10^-8 cm) to "fill" the design (equations).

Note that any order of these 5 steps (5! = 120) can be accomplished with the order above the most common.

May God Bless the USA and the World with superdesigns and supermanufactures.


What's scaring me is that this guy might be on to how to build a replicator like they have on Star Trek. He figures it out I'm unemployed. It is either that or a nanotechnology student on a bender.



posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Huh!!!!
Gee and all of these years I've been doing it the hard way, by creating blueprints, machining parts and building prototypes.


This whole time I was watching Space Ghost reruns and eating Cheeto's! NOW I know why I haven't gotten anything done!



posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Cheetos are cool, but watching Space Ghost, man that will turn you brain to mush. That show was outdated befor it was made. Its almost as bad as Speed Racer.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join