It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Defence Minister to Announce that UFO's are Real

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I watched Hellyers speech and was intrigued that he mentioned
Col. Corso's book, 'The Day After Roswell'. I ordered it from Amazon
the next day. I am currently halfway through and totally blown
away by the what I have read so far. I am further amazed that Hellyer
said in his speech that he called a certain retired American General that
he knew and confirmed that, "Everything in the book is true and more!"
I am new to Ufology and was wondering if others here have read the
book and place as much confidence in its contents as Hellyer? I ask
because some of the revelations in the book are just unbelievable.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I hope this opens a door. I was glad to see Steven Greer and the Disclosure Project team are getting involved and offering to contribute. Lets see if they can push this into discussion with the government in 2006. I would love for all of the walls to come down, regardless its nice to see it get some press.

Sure makes my quote stand out more importantly when I hear a story like this.

[edit on 11/28/2005 by infinite8]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hello

I uploaded the interview Paul Hellyer has made on MSNBC channel. You can watch it HERE (right click, save as).

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
Hello

I uploaded the interview Paul Hellyer has made on MSNBC channel. You can watch it HERE (right click, save as).

Thanks. I did feel however that the presenter a-hole made fun of him... or at least tried to discredit him with snide remarks. Talking about "no offense, but if this was important how come there's been nothing in the New York Times" - uhhhhhh I thought interviewers were supposed to be well-researched and not ignorant of the issues. There was an interesting moment when Hellyer was trying to recall Steven Greer's name, but I think maybe that was a deliberte ploy on Hellyer's behalf to ascertain the interviewer's awareness of the issues - which of course was met with a deaf silence. That presenter was a complete and utter moron - the red bow tie and pinstripe shirt said it all really.

Then you see pictures of flying saucers splashed across the screen, detracting from the interview - plus you have those headline buttons along the side "scottish kilt" granny jolt" "starbucks" "mr hetero" "santa noose" - along with the sensationalist banner across the bottom "BUSH PREPARING FOR ALIEN WARFARE" - this is a prime example of the Big Media taking a credible person and shaming them with silly season flying saucer madness.

Under the given circumstances, I think Paul Hellyer came across really well. He kept a level head and said what he felt he needed to say. What really raised my ire with the presenter was right at the beginning he said "most people don't believe in UFOs" - typical of someone in the media to make a sweeping statement and portray it as fact - because the population in general watching will think "ok maybe people who believe in ufos are weirdos after all". The presenter goes on to use colourful phrases as "buzzing our planet" and "turning hostile" - deliberately marginalising the UFO subject. The forces at work here are most definitely unconducive to eventual Disclosure.

[edit on 23-12-2005 by RiotComing]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join