It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security will not allow Red Cross to feed the victims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Saturday, September 03, 2005

By Ann Rodgers, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

As the National Guard delivered food to the New Orleans convention center yesterday, American Red Cross officials said that federal emergency management authorities would not allow them to do the same.

Calls to the Department of Homeland Security and its subagency, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, were not returned yesterday.

www.post-gazette.com...

What are they doing? What are they afraid of?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
i don't understand either...

this is sick...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yeah, i dont get what the hell they are thinking this is just going to end up getting more people killed.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What is the logic behind not feeding these people? They have gone days without food or drink. I worry for the little ones especially as well as the older people. Some of those pictures look frightening. This is worse than a bomb or a bullet in many respects, at least with you die quickly. Slowly starving to death is not something I even want to pretend to imagine.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I hate to say this, but they're feeding some and neglecting the others?
Is this going to be some kind of accidental genocide? I say accidental with tongue in cheek.

If they dont get to all the people and allow all the help offered, I will just have to assume they want them dead. And that aint what the greatest nation on earth is about. Untill now.

I'm just sick sick sick of it all.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
wow
since when is food regulated in the wake of a disaster to those who are in need of it?
what the hell is the government doing and what is their explanation behind this? i would love to hear it.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The only thing I can think of is that they are trying to make it worse than it needs to be as well as make it seem more difficult than it really is so that when the tension is high enough and the situation is elevated enough they can use it as an excuse to force through new laws, suspend other laws and basically kill the rest of the Constitution and the concept of Freedom in America.

For example:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I believe the reason for this action is not with cruel intentions.

Other relief agencies say the area is so damaged and dangerous that they doubted they could conduct mass feeding there now.

The area is too dangerous and the government has a responsibility to ensure further casualties don't occur.

The reason action has taken so long..

Despite their best efforts, the magnitude of responding to a crisis over a disaster area that is larger than the size of Great Britain has created tremendous problems that have strained state and local capabilities.

"The result is that many of our citizens simply are not getting the help they need, especially in New Orleans. And that is unacceptable."

Mr Bush has signed off a $10.5bn emergency spending package approved by Congress.

BBC NEWS ARTICLE

However, I may be acting too sympathetic with Herr Bush..

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think this will be the final slap of peanut butter on the bread. If you didnt beleive there was something funky going on before, you certainly should now.
For all the times some of us have been called crazy
Its ok. I forgive you.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hmmm, white people rich/have enough money to get out, they leave. The black/hispanics are poor/not enough money to leave, they stay. National Guard takes 4 days to "arrive". Only thing I see on Fox News is "Black people are animals, look at the video we shot, see, only black people are doing this! No good white people doing this, kill all the darkies!" Unless it is the two men actually there, Geraldo and Shepard. greta is there but she is in some place with no people. On CNN and MSNBC they show white, black, even asian! But according to Fox only black people are there and they are all criminals.....

Accidental Genocide? Maybe. Maybe Bush should stop taking month long vacations..... Even more when he knows stuff is going to hit the fan. he knew 9/11 was coming, he knew Katrina was coming, yet he takes month long vacations. FBI tells him OBL will attack with planes, they give him documents, hold meetings, he goes on vacation.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
They don't want them dead, dg. They just want them out of NO. From the link you provided:

"The Homeland Security Department has requested and continues to request that the American Red Cross not come back into New Orleans," said Renita Hosler, spokeswoman for the Red Cross.

"Right now access is controlled by the National Guard and local authorities. We have been at the table every single day [asking for access]. We cannot get into New Orleans against their orders."

Though frustrated, Hosler understood the reasons. The goal is to move people out of an uninhabitable city, and relief operations might keep them there. Security is so bad that she fears feeding stations might get ransacked.

Emphasis mine.

It doesn't seem to be the best solution. They could have been fed on the bus, or bussed to a point where they could eat but not return. I don't know. I just know it sure must suck to be in NO these days.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I would not doubt that this could lead to A Revolution.
Revolting is already happening and If the GUARD start killing People Other "Poor" will get pissed and we might have a problem
all these people need is help and thay are not gettin it.
These politicians don't understand that this is AMERICA and Them are AMERICAN Citizens The People that we are to Help First. Whe should of had people on the grond the next day. This Country is not what is seams It is not A good Land Anymore its a Disgrace to the Founders of this Country

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
do you honestly people want to stay in the same area they have been seeing dead bodies drift by?

feed them for christ sakes! they have to be starving, give them food for energy to continue walking to wherever they need to walk to to escape the area.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

"Right now access is controlled by the National Guard and local authorities. We have been at the table every single day [asking for access]. We cannot get into New Orleans against their orders."

Heres why,

Red Cross Not Allowed Into NOLA

Posted much earliar but of course that thread may not jive with the worldview of some here.

Goes right back to the utter incompetence of local and state governments failure to secure the area in the immediate aftermath.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Uh, they can't...... The government put up stations on the road leading out that is to turn anyone away, make sure they don't leave the city. It's genocide in a few more days when disease takes over.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I hate to say this, but they're feeding some and neglecting the others?
Is this going to be some kind of accidental genocide? I say accidental with tongue in cheek.

I have been saying this exact thing.. look at my past posts and you will kinda get what I mean.

Originally posted by dgtempe
I think this will be the final slap of peanut butter on the bread. If you didnt beleive there was something funky going on before, you certainly should now.
For all the times some of us have been called crazy
Its ok. I forgive you.

You are a funny funny girl..

DO you think this might be the straw they breaks the camels back???

My thoughts are people are still going be stupid and believe everything. but from what I understand on Neo-con stations, they are starting to ask questions.. not actually sucking up to bush and company.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Only ones on FOx News that are "waking up" are Shepard and Geraldo. Bill, Sean, Rush, they still republicans to the fullest.

Shepard was about to snap, Geraldo did snap, strange.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I dont know. I dont have cable..

The way I am watching local news in NO is from the net..

I am just saying what I heard.. But its good people are starting to wake up tho... if for a second, its still good.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
The only thing I can think of is that they are trying to make it worse than it needs to be as well as make it seem more difficult than it really is so that when the tension is high enough and the situation is elevated enough they can use it as an excuse to force through new laws, suspend other laws and basically kill the rest of the Constitution and the concept of Freedom in America.

For example:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

it was one of the first things i thought of, too, my little precient buddy.
i go one step further and wonder if they didn't use HAARP to increase the magnitude of the hurricane, and perhaps even steer it to the target area.
the 'benefits' are out the roof. exterminate the poor 'useless eaters', double the price of a barrel of oil, strain every resource, force people into barbarism, dry-run the coming civil war/unrest, ....it really is a huge boon to the PNAC peeps. like you say, once people are driven to their survival instincts, 'morals' and 'law' go up in smoke. a perfect way to illustrate how people must be kept in the thrall of the loving arms of big brother.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Like I said before in many posts, this is a test run. They are provoking unrest so they have the excuse to execute their little martial law experiment. Also reason for all the stalling.

PS, Im tired of some folks in America pulling their punches and writing everything off as incompetence.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by magnito_student]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join