It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian Party launching save private property rights campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The Supreme Court actually rules that the government can now seize your private property and hand it over to somebody else, just because it will raise more tax revenue!

The Fifth Amendment of the constitution says that the government can take your property- IF they need it for public use (like roads)and if they compensate you for it.

But now the Supreme Court says government can take your land and hand it over to someone else any time more tax revenues can be generated by another private use.

Basically the supreme court just gave the government the right to steal from you.

Private property rights are supposed to be sacred in this country. That's why the fifth amendment expressly protects YOUR LAND FROM THE GOVERNMENT!

But the sup court went ahead and gave local government the power to seize your land pretty much any time they want.

So in response, the Libertarian Party is launching a '
save private property rights' campaign in an all out grassroots pressure campaign to convince congress the co-equal branch of government to the supreme court- to blunt this outrageous power grab.

This is NOT supposed to happen in America! This kind of thing happened in Nazi Germany and the Soviet Russia!

The government doesn't care, in New London Connecticut, a couple who lived in their home for 60 years was told by the government to move out so a developer could build a hotel and office complex. This couple's son lives in the next house over with his wife and son which was a wedding present from this couple. The son spent yeras of gutting and fixing up his home, but despite the fact that it was their property, the forced this family out of their home as well.

These people did NOTHING WRONG, THEY ARE NOT CRIMINALS, and should not have had their home stolen from them!

But thanks to an out of control supremem court, the government is stealing the homes of private citizens as you read this!

The bill we need to protect is called "protection of Homes, Small Business, and Private Property Act of 2005.

Contact your congressional leader, or go to www.lp.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm not a libertarian, but I agree--it's a land grab! What Fifth Amendment?

I think I'll head on over to that site and check it out.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
"U.S. Constitution: Fifth Amendment

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

I agree with protecting property rights.

join