It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Thing is Getting Heavy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It's been nice carrying the WATS medal in my profile for the last month...even though the white background makes the more stupid of my posts even more glaringly obvious. But it's already the 4th of the month (where I am it's GMT+8...most of you lot are "living in the past"
). It's time to pass on the torch. So who won WATS for August?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Good question!

I totally forgot about the WATS. Everybody has been preoccupied with Katrina and the mess she left, I don't think anyone remembered to tally the votes.

This thread should be enough to remind the PTB though.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I have no doubt that the winner is me.....

People love me and my non-biased posts.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
I have no doubt that the winner is me.....

People love me and my non-biased posts.

Got jokes today, huh? J/K

link   
I think I should win, as a sympathy vote, as i haven't been laid since March.....

link   
Maybe you won it again, I thought it automatically changed....

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Id vote for Dr.Horacid, but I havent seem him as of late.....

Perhaps the holiday weekend has hampered TWATS efforts. Blame S/O!! Hes leaving us in a time of crisis!!! How dare he!!

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Maybe you won it again, I thought it automatically changed...

I think SO has to tally it up and switch it over in the code.

[edit on 2005-9-3 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Try catherder, last seen exploring the dark underbelly of poverty and obesity and unpreparedness for destructive natural phenomena.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
For some reason im not surprised.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I was seriously mistaken about the meaning of this award, what it's for, what it represents. I've been under the impression that it was awarded for denying ignorance or exceptional posts and so on, kind of like an 'Applause' only from members... but according to this explanation, I see it's really just a popularity contest...

Seeing what it really is, I'm not sure I'll vote at all in the future. :shk:

THANK YOU for pointing this ancient text out to us. It has been corrected to reflect the true meaning of and implications of the Way Above Top Secret award.

Springer...

[edit on 9-4-2005 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
Id vote for Dr.Horacid, but I havent seem him as of late.....

Perhaps the holiday weekend has hampered TWATS efforts. Blame S/O!! Hes leaving us in a time of crisis!!! How dare he!!

I may be mistaken here, but i thought he got banned?

edit for new info.. Yep, he got banned. just checked it out.

UID Username Status E-Mail Site: Location Registered Posts
26944 DrHoracid Banned A BSL-4 Lab 10/9/04 2518

[edit on 3-9-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I think I should win, as a sympathy vote, as i haven't been laid since March.....

Since March of which decade? If you are talking this year, you will have no sympathy from me?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Well if we're awarding WATS for popularity I am utterly screwed now and forever, but I know better than that, regardless of what some thread might say, so I'll cling to hope for some day.

As far as getting laid- well I'm no longer clinging to hope in that department, so if we're awarding Sympathy WATS I think I deserve it.

I've got 3 very impressive records. 17 years, 11 month, and 1 week from birth to loss of virginity (as a matter of fact even so much as my first kiss came only 3 days before that- I guess I had poor social skills in highschool or something).

Roughly 2 and a half years from leaving my first love to in any way touching or even having a noteworthy conversation with another woman.

A little over a year from getting fed up with that second girl to present- and again, not so much as a kiss or a date to hold me over.

OK now, pour your sympathy and WATS votes on me. You know you're impressed, in a disgusted sort of way.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   

You have voted The Vagabond for the Way Above Celibacy Award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Well if we're awarding WATS for popularity I am utterly screwed now and forever, but I know better than that, regardless of what some thread might say, so I'll cling to hope for some day.

As far as getting laid- well I'm no longer clinging to hope in that department, so if we're awarding Sympathy WATS I think I deserve it.

I've got 3 very impressive records. 17 years, 11 month, and 1 week from birth to loss of virginity (as a matter of fact even so much as my first kiss came only 3 days before that- I guess I had poor social skills in highschool or something).

Roughly 2 and a half years from leaving my first love to in any way touching or even having a noteworthy conversation with another woman.

A little over a year from getting fed up with that second girl to present- and again, not so much as a kiss or a date to hold me over.

OK now, pour your sympathy and WATS votes on me. You know you're impressed, in a disgusted sort of way.

Forget it. I can top that without even trying.

21 years 11 months from birth to loss of virginity. First real kiss 4 months prior.

3 months with a girlfriend, with very little intimacy, and I mean VERY little, followed by three years with absolutely no interest whatsoever by another female, followed by three more months with the next girl.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Thread closed as the winner has been anounced,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join