It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeach Bush!!! Now !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
la2

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
for the sake of the whole world, and the sake of your reputation as a country, GET RID OF HIM!!!

Bush is a danger that cannot be ignored, the world is growing angry!!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Impeach Bush. He has failed at his job. If I soley employeed him, which as a tax payer I partially do, he would not have lasted this long.

Who could take his place? Hahahaha... Are some of us finally realizing what has happened in this country? Choosing the "lesser of two evils" in an election is something an idiot does... America is learning a lesson for being ignorant and stupid. I don't feel we have anyone capiable of taking Bush's place right now currently making up our government. We need a leader.

"If ever time shall come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of it's expirenced Patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams

I guess Samuel Adams would be considered a terrorist today... Funny huh?

[edit on 7-9-2005 by tacitblue]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottr
Our government system needs to change now, and Bush is first on the list.

He should be impeached, NOW!! Who else thinks so?

What is the process to impeach a president? I am starting it, reply to this thread if you would like to see him kicked out. Thanks.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by John bull 1]

Aww, how cuuute! Another impeach Bush thread. Step in line, my dear. Either that, or read a History book and realize why Bush can't legally be impeached...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Aww, how cuuute! Another impeach Bush thread. Step in line, my dear. Either that, or read a History book and realize why Bush can't legally be impeached...

I can think of a few reasons why Bush could (and should) legally be impeached. Pres. Clinton lied about a BJ and the first thing mentioned was impeachment. I think that is far less worse than lying and starting a war... Further more the lack of leadership the entire administration has demonstrated during the Kartrina aftermath has killed a lot of people. Infact, I argue this could be seen in some courts as a crime against humanity. We have the reasources to deal with all of this and yet even now there is tons of red tape and BS because of the Bush administration. And by administration I include anyone involved that has been appointed, hired, or volunteered since Bush took office. Bush is the leading figurehead and, hence, he is responsible and must take the blame.

The Katrina crisis just reinforces the fact that he and his administration are not capiable of running OUR country. Infact, I'm not sure he even cares, especailly when one considers his mom's brilliant insight into the whole event. Ignorance and stupidity apparently run in the family.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Impeach Bush, and then Cheney becomes President and he can appoint his own Vice President.
You cannot impeach a president by referendum. Only the assembled Congress can impeach him, there has to be a trial and he has to actually be charged with something other than 'being a jerkface that I am tired of'.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Impeach Bush, and then Cheney becomes President and he can appoint his own Vice President.

I wasnt going to even comment anymore, but it saddens me that people refuse to think that there is any other way besides the one they see. So change the friggin wording if some of you are so hung up on a phrase. Kick Bush out of office, how is that? And put in a responsible replacement or give the country back to the people. We need to stop expecting the government, congress, senate and legislature to fix all of our problems for us and take control back. Power in and of the People, nothing more, nothing less. TIODS

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I wasnt going to even comment anymore, but it saddens me that people refuse to think that there is any other way besides the one they see. So change the friggin wording if some of you are so hung up on a phrase. Kick Bush out of office, how is that?

You're still yet to explain exactly how you wish to accomplish this...you know?

We know that you don't like laws, and we know that you don't want Bush in office; just explain how you expect to get this accomplished?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Tinkleflower = stalker
Just kidding.

This is the great mystery that I have been trying to figure out. How do we fix the problems that plague such a large and out of control society? Who am I to say that they are problems in the first place. I was reading about existentialism yesterday and one point by Satyre (I think), was that being a free human means you want to help others to be free. While I dont believe this to be fully true, it does apply a little. In order for me to attain the absolute freedom that I desire, I must in the process, try to free others. None of you people matter to me, so why do I so passionately state my case? I dont know? I feel like I have to. It is frustrating sometimes. IMO, why help those that dont want to help themselves? My grandfather was so wise. He would always tell me over and over, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink. It applies so much these days. We should all try to remember that when we post on forums.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I am of a mind that we should not only have Bush impeached but that we actually need to bring down the entire goverment system and start it all over again. The goverment that we now have inplace is too corrupt to allow for any of it to be of any use.
The goverment that we now have in place is not a goverment of the people, for the people anymore. It is one that is of the powerful for the powerful of either / both political power or wealth.
To Arms! To Arms!

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Tinkleflower = stalker
Just kidding.

Don't tempt me
Wheredyaliveagain?

While I dont believe this to be fully true, it does apply a little. In order for me to attain the absolute freedom that I desire, I must in the process, try to free others. None of you people matter to me, so why do I so passionately state my case? I dont know? I feel like I have to. It is frustrating sometimes. IMO, why help those that dont want to help themselves?

Because...at the risk of sounding overly tulipwalkingly hippified (a label I do adopt somewhat proudly though)...most of us do actually care about others, even when we profess otherwise?

You state your case so passionately because you do somehow, on some level, feel that people need to understand, for their own benefit.

I sometimes ask myself the same question - why help those who don't want to help themselves?

The first problem I run into though is this:

Too often, the people you're trying to help don't actually know, or think, that they have a problem, or that they need help, to begin with.

That's one tough obstacle to overcome, you know?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Too often, the people you're trying to help don't actually know, or think, that they have a problem, or that they need help, to begin with.

It really is one of the finest examples of ignorance is bliss.

I think things just got screwed up along the way. Happens to any society. Our founding fathers appeared to be very smart and free thinking people. They came up with new radical ideas, independence and democracy. They even drew it up nice and pretty, so that there was a way to fix problems within problems. I think they made one flaw at the time, but I think at the time they had to. They gave government power. We, the people, can now run the government as a mass. Now only a few are ellected to make decisions for the mass of people. We can change that flaw now. We have great weapons on our side. Information and the Internet. We can all now discuss, debate, and vote on anything, without leaving the house. The masses can now have a voice, but we need the proper outlet for it. I started another thread looking for help to create a website. A website where the topics are presented, debated, and then voted on, by the people and not representatives. We nomatter of race, color, creed, age, or religion, we can ALL have a voice. This is the only way I can see to fix things. Take back the power, and give it to the people. We can all register on the website using our SS numbers. Simple in theory. What do you think, Tink?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

It really is one of the finest examples of ignorance is bliss.

Alas, yes. And there are many blissfully unaware people on our planet

Unfortunately you can't force someone to learn.

I think things just got screwed up along the way. Happens to any society. Our founding fathers appeared to be very smart and free thinking people. They came up with new radical ideas, independence and democracy. They even drew it up nice and pretty, so that there was a way to fix problems within problems.

Hold the front page - gottr and I are agreeing!

Yup, I think they did a great job given the situation of the time. But it wasn't perfect, and it's far from perfect for this day and age.

This is the only way I can see to fix things. Take back the power, and give it to the people. We can all register on the website using our SS numbers. Simple in theory. What do you think, Tink?

I was with you right there until the SS# part.

I'm not sure if you were using satire there (if you were, and I missed it, forgive me? I'm not nearly as caffeinated as I should be)....but surely, for you of all people, the use of SS#s as a form of identification should be horrifying?

I recently discovered that if you're a US citizen, you can actually legally revoke your SS# and all the associated trappings, and for the most part, cannot legally be refused a bank account, or any other service (provided you have adequate identification). I found that very, very interesting.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I'm not sure if you were using satire there (if you were, and I missed it, forgive me? I'm not nearly as caffeinated as I should be)....but surely, for you of all people, the use of SS#s as a form of identification should be horrifying?

It is if mis-used. In this case it will ONLY be used as identification. I cant figure any other way to get people registered without fraud taking place. I am open to suggestions. At some point they will have to register by name or number, whether you call it a SS number or not is just symantics.

I recently discovered that if you're a US citizen, you can actually legally revoke your SS# and all the associated trappings, and for the most part, cannot legally be refused a bank account, or any other service (provided you have adequate identification). I found that very, very interesting.

I looked into this also. According to the SS website it is impossible. Can you still get a job? Please explain.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Tinkleflower, as much as I dislike Bush, I, too realize that there is nothing he has done in contravention of the Constitution, and he can no more be impeached than the Man in the Moon.

I'm sure you know that, too; and I also hope you know that none of the other posters here (well, maybe one or two) is serious about the whole impeachment thing, simply because most of them don't understand how impechment works.

In other words, they're just ranting.

Don't get me wrong, Tinkleflower; I am not suggesting that you leave these people to their rants. I just wantd to ensure that you're aware that this thread is simply not the place for coherent, logical, and reasoned discussion, a thing that you do extremely well.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

It is if mis-used. In this case it will ONLY be used as identification. I cant figure any other way to get people registered without fraud taking place. I am open to suggestions. At some point they will have to register by name or number, whether you call it a SS number or not is just symantics.

Oh, I agree that any form of individual identification is the same, semantically....it's the just SS# part. You're going to find people who don't have one (non US folk, for a start), you know?

I looked into this also. According to the SS website it is impossible. Can you still get a job? Please explain.

Yes - I've done this actually (and quite legally - I didn't have a SS# when I first received my work permit).

For the sake of the I-9, you need your I-551 or other work permit, and that's about it - you don't actually need to provide your SS#, though you're strongly advised to do so when you receive your card. I forgot for months.

Obtaining a bank account is usually more difficult, but they can't actually legally refuse to open an account (to a citizen - a permanent resident is required to apply for and hold a SS# - even if they take their time doing so) based on your not having a SS#. It's tricky pursuading them, but they have to eventually concede. They can refuse to give you a debit/credit card though.

Same with utility companies; some might try to stick you with an ungodly deposit, but they can't refuse you service based on your lack of SS#.

There are other legal ways of "opting out" - most focus on religious belief.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
there are no odds or ends that would merit a subsantial means to an end of the corupt govermnetal infrastructure that suggests impeachment of our 43 president. we already lost this country to the corperate subsidies that manifold our economic input. the day that will live in infamy for the corperate capitalist democractic compound initative would be december 24 1911 when the US goverment passed the federal reserve act which forsok our democracic proccess for the sake of big capitalist banking. which in my humble opionin founded our newly devised black budget government, which they new at the time would have had to be founded under the guise of hegelian dialect for the sake of propagting the new world government regime! its far far deeper then what i have to offer but you should all find your way accordingly.

*smokes a ciggarette*

have a good day

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Tinkleflower, as much as I dislike Bush, I, too realize that there is nothing he has done in contravention of the Constitution, and he can no more be impeached than the Man in the Moon

Agreed. Though the latter would be interesting court case

Prosecutor: Isn't it true that you knowingly lied under oath, and that you are in fact fully aware that the moon is actually green cheese?

Defense lawyer: I object!

Judge:

I just wantd to ensure that you're aware that this thread is simply not the place for coherent, logical, and reasoned discussion, a thing that you do extremely well.

Thank you for that incredible compliment!

But...you know me. I live in hope that reason and logic will win the day.

I also believe in faeries and Santa Claus

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It saddens me that so many of you are just willing to give up. I guess I should do that also, move to some remote land and let you all to your lives. Whatever will be will be.

I proposed a good solution to the problem, yet rather than try and help get it started you all seem to want to choose to just give up. WTF?!?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I proposed a good solution to the problem, yet rather than try and help get it started you all seem to want to choose to just give up. WTF?!?

But you didn't....

Which solution was it?

Was it viable?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I started another thread looking for help to create a website. A website where the topics are presented, debated, and then voted on, by the people and not representatives. We nomatter of race, color, creed, age, or religion, we can ALL have a voice. This is the only way I can see to fix things. Take back the power, and give it to the people.

^this one?!?!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join