It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeach Bush!!! Now !!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Our government system needs to change now, and Bush is first on the list.

He should be impeached, NOW!! Who else thinks so?

What is the process to impeach a president? I am starting it, reply to this thread if you would like to see him kicked out. Thanks.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Details of the impeachment procedure can be found in my ATSNN fact file here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm one of the relatively few conservatives that's all for impeaching him. The man lied about Iraq. He equates the office of President with being Emperor or something. He's been quoted as saying (look on ConspiracyPlanet.com) that anyone who disagrees with him is anti-American and a traitor.

(Last I checked, Bush wasn't America.)

He's got issues.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Who would you suggest replace Bush?

(I can't vote, being a nonCitizen - though I do reside in the US - so it's not as if my opinion actually counts....I'm just curious)

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Who would you suggest replace Bush?

(I can't vote, being a nonCitizen - though I do reside in the US - so it's not as if my opinion actually counts....I'm just curious)

No one from the GOP or Democrats, that's for sure. Last fall I voted Constitution Party.

www.constitutionparty.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I appreciate your answer, Amethyst, but if the movement to impeach Bush is serious, there needs to be a candidate ready who can do the job (and who'd have a chance!)...

Do any of those constitutional candidates stand a chance (keeping it theoretical, I suppose)?

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yes! If his previous trespasses weren't enough for him to be impeached, this is it. His job is to protect the citizens of this country and he has failed miserably. And once again, he is helping out his oil buddies before the people who really need help. The following that I wrote summarizes these points.

"As we all know by now, Hurricane Katrina has caused damage and chaos never before witnessed in the U.S. New Orleans is more and more being deemed as permanently unfit as a city to live in and may very well be left for dead. Left to the same fate as the ancient Roman city of Pompei which was buried and abandoned because of a volcanic eruption in 79 a.d., New Orleans may very soon become the Atlantis of our time.

But what I feel to be an almost bigger tragedy is the way it is being exploited and used by people all across the country for personal gain. The oil companies and gas stations are the biggest offender in this manner. The most obvious sign is the obvious and horrendously immoral price gouging being done nationwide. Even here in Marquette where the average gas prce is $3.00, one station in a separate part of the city nearest to the campus is charging $3.40 per gallon. Stations in major cities are breaking $5.00. In a town in Mississippi that had only one working gas station, the were charging over $6.50. These people make me sick. But they are not alone. The Federal Government is also to blame.

For instance, the Dept. of Homeland Security has denied assistance for search and rescue teams from Russia, Europe, Sri Lanka, and Canada. While they fail to find and help survivors and fail to keep order in the cities, Canada's specialized DART team trained specifically for emergency rescue and recovery could be on the ground tomorrow. But they sit north of the border because of Washington. But they are not denying any and all help, just help for the people on the ground. The government has asked for and received assistance from the EU and Venezuela to supply free oil to the companies struck by the hurricane. Meanwhile W is walking around telling these grief stricken people he is doing everything he can to get them help.

The government has given additional tax breaks to already insanely profitable oil companies while failing to provide funds desperately pleaded for to upgrade and fix the levees in New Orleans that were becoming aged and inadequate. FEMA was told to make plans for this situaion back in 1999 and never did. The Army Core of Engineers asked for money to prevent this disaster and never got it. It could have been prevented, and this fact alone is terribly tragic. But the fact that oil companies, gas stations, and the White House are trying to use this tragedy, and these people's suffering for their own personal benefit is in many ways a greater tragedy still."

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Impeach him...give him jail time. Charge him with Negligent Homicide, treason against our constitution, war crimes, etc...

Ray Nagin for president. The man is honest, caring, and will act promptly when needed.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Bush is the worst president we have ever had. I still can't believe that he is on his second presidency. I don't know what the #@$% people were thinking when they voted for him the first time. Never mind the second. He has failed the American People too many times to keep count. He is an embarrassment.

So lets all sit back while he appoints two supreme court justices, never mind the head of the supreme court justice............AHHHHHHHH Impeaching him would be a favor to all Americans. I would like to tell him "Don't let the door hit you on your way out."

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If there was enough evidence to impeach Bsuh, Cheney would become POTUS as he is the VP.
Unless of course you all plan to also impeach Cheney and the entire line of succession.

I don't think there is a provision for a new election after an impeachment. Although I could have fallen asleep during that class.

So, be careful what you ask for

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Bush won't be impeached, the congress and senate are Republican majority. Getting rid of him would do nothing because the people who "advise" him would still be there. Besides...he didn't lie about oral sex...

[edit on 9/4/2005 by Flinx]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
. Besides...he didn't lie about oral sex...

Maybe if he had a distraction once in a while he wouldn't be so dangerous.
I could care less what the hell they do in there private time. Whether it is in the bedroom or the Oval Office. Behind closed doors, oops that is right we have the patriot act.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
We need to prosecute them all. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Gonzales, Chertoff, Roberts, Bolton, and anyone else involved. Oh yeah, throw Jeb in there too so Florida can become a blue state as it should have been in the first place.

Just as the Iraqi government will prosecute Saddam for his crimes against the Shiites we should prosecute that crew for the deaths of American soldiers in Iraq, for crimes against the constitution(Patriot Act), the torture of prisoners, and the negligence of the deaths of the folks in the path of Hurricane Katrina.

Wow, is Bush's crew's list longer....

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I will Impeach him but you have to realize that he rigged the whole suppreme court so that it would be in his favor and even though african americans DID NOT vote for him, he somehow got the votes to be "miscounted on accident" yeah ....right I mean really. We also have to take out everybody that he knows including florida senator and some texas people and everybody. I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHY CHRISTIANS VOTED FOR THE IDIOT. I AM A CHRISTIAN AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE RELIGION IS COMPLETELTLY DIFFERENT FROM THE POLITCAL VIEW. CHRISTIANS ( LIKE ME) SAY THAT YOU SHOULD HELP PEOPLE IN NEED, BUT THEN REPUBLICANS ONLY WANT THE MONEY AND THEIR STUPID SMALL BUISNESSES TO GET FREE STUFF INCLUDING MONEY.

I HATE republicans so badly

[edit on 5-9-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I agree, he should be impeached, before something bad happens...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Alrighty. Emotion aside, if you seriously want action taken, you're going to have to do a little better than this.

You need to assert exactly where the POTUS has actually infringed upon, contravened and/or actually broken the law or broken his oath.

Just shouting about the need to impeach him isn't going to do jack, other than make certain supporters laugh very loudly at your efforts.

So...why don't you list the reasons, with examples, to backup your argument?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Basically by my rules, being a Republican is breaking the law!!!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
He will do something about an event without even thinking about it!

This is what he does...

#1 Lies

#2 Asks his advisors for help

#3 (my favorite) 'a lotta cash in a little time'

#4 War

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06

#1 Lies

Be specific.

#2 Asks his advisors for help

Not against the law. Not even considered "bad" by most people - since when is a President not allowed to ask his advisors (the label "advisors" is a big hint here) for help?

#3 (my favorite) 'a lotta cash in a little time'

And....? Seriously - where's the illegality here?

#4 War

War in and of itself isn't a crime.

The reasons given for that war, if given with the deliberate knowledge that said reasons were false, might be considered "illegal" - but from your list, that's the only one even vaguely approaching a good reason (believe me, I'm not a fan of The Bush at all - I'm just a fan of logic and truth).

"Your rules" are irrelevant, unless they're shared by law enforcement and public policy. Which...they aren't, it seems.

(I have to ask, with all due respect: Are you under the impression that Bush makes decisions all by himself?)

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Tinkleflower, you make a very good point, and that point is also essentially meaningless. Certainly the need to put forth an honest, detailed, and specific case against Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, et al is obvious, but it is rendered meaningless by two factors: the little "coalition of the willing" in the legislature made up of both political parties that for whatever reasons cooperates with Bushco, and the fact that these men deserves not only to be impeached, they deserve to be lynched--that is, taken from their positions by a mob and hung publicly by the neck until dead. Simple truth and logic will never move the members of the first obstacle to act in the nation's best interests, and emotional rhetoric, not logic, will be what motivates a mob to march in and see that justice is done when the legislature refuses to do what must be done.

The Declaration of Independence was just such an instrument of rhetoric when it was written. It was created to be read aloud to the crowds, to stir up fervor over the ideals of liberty and sovereignty. At the end of the document there is a long list of crimes and usurpages by King George (funny how history repeats itself when we fail to heed its lessons). Now, did King George personally commit each and every act enumerated in that list? No. And so is that document scrupulously honest, and rigorously logical? No. Did that matter one bit? Again, no, and in fact to make it more honest or more logical would not have made it more effective.

But there does exist an honest and logical argument for impeachment based on the criminal actions that have been so blatant in this administration. To make sure that it is based upon verifiable events and backed by legitimate statute and law, and not the kind of crowd-moving rhetoric that is found in the Declaration of Independence, I will take the time necessary and post back to this thread when I'm done. The examples of criminal wrong-doing are numerous enough that it should not take more than a day to sketch out instances of criminalty that would take the whole lot out of office, if not put them in jail awaiting sentencing for treason.

In the words of another public official whose conflicts of interest and political machinations have earned him the right to be removed from office, "I'll be back."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join