It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina Conspiracy?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This may sound weird but I have to ask the question.
Did the Democratic Party cause the problems with relief for the victims of Hurricane Katrina?

Think this through before you write the idea off. It took until Wendsday for the Governor of Louisiana to formally ask for Federal Aid. President Bush urged the Governor to start emergency action on Sunday.

What I think happened is this.
The Governor decided either on her own or from advice offered by her advisors to ignore President Bush's warning. Then Monday when things didn't seem to be that bad she either decided or was advised to let the state handle it internally so that it didn't look like she had to have the Fegeral Government, under Bush, come in and bail her out. Then the world went to hell in a handbasket and they got in over their heads and finally requested help.

Think about it. Congress is the only group that can override the Posse Comitatus law and they were on break. If Louisiana could handle it on their own then the Democrats could say that they didn't need the Federal Government's help and make Bush and the Republican's look bad. If Louisiana couldn't handle it on their own the delay would make the Federal Government look bad, that could be blamed on Bush and the Republicans. The Democrats got an added bonus in the form of the looting and violence in New Orleans. New Orleans has a large black population and if the Federal Government put down the violence with force it would be "The Man putting down the Blacks" and if the Feds didn't put down the violence then it was because they had "weak" leadership. No lose situation for the Democrats.

I should mention that I am a member of neither party because I firmly believe that either party will screw the people to get a leg up on the other party. I am just playing Devil's advocate here.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Why would you want to start crap like this? Blanco is an idiot. She's not the entire Democratic party for Pete's sake.

You're forgetting something. The Gulf states declared themselves a disaster area and requested national emergency for their states when Katrina was still offshore. They knew they were going to need help long before she hit.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
People are really angry over this and that anger will be directed at people in positions of authority regardless of party affiliation. Any individual or group that tries to take advantage or spin this in thier direction will do so at thier own risk. One thing makes the American public shake out of thier voter apathy and thats being MAD!

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Why would you want to start crap like this?

Because it might be the truth.

Blanco is an idiot. She's not the entire Democratic party for Pete's sake.

Idiot or Dupe? Notice I said "decided or was advised" she may not have been calling the shots, just reacting to the advice that she was given. I am not claiming that it was a Democratic Party descision. What I am saying is that either the Governor or her advisors (who are usually Party people) might have been trying to either boost their own Party's image or to trash the Republican's

You're forgetting something. The Gulf states declared themselves a disaster area and requested national emergency for their states when Katrina was still offshore. They knew they were going to need help long before she hit.

She requested aid from other states. She didn't request Federal aid until Wednesday.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Valhall, the states requesting declaration is not what I recollect - niether does this article from Aug 28th.

President Declares Disaster

Interesting that the article advocates evacuation to high ground.

An interesting dichotomy exists between the leadership of Barbour vs Blanco and the disparate results obtained - especially when considering the storm damage is in many respects worse in Miss.

JIMC5499 has a point to ponder - time will tell.

I myself really wish politics would have been left out of this disaster, but thats not to be is it.

top topics

join