It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons for FEMA's slow response

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Its kinda wierd that that DHS Secretary Chertoff keep saying they could not do anything initiall because of all the legal obstacles. I still have a bad feeling they might go and try to get more power in these "Ultra-Disastors"

Also he keeps bringing up the levy break as the second catastrophe. INteresting also if you think it wasnt an accident.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
No posting of copyrighted material without permission.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
you got a link for that??

It would be usefull considering the type of post that is..

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Sorry I don't have the author's permission to link it. Private blog.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Now With authors permission

www.tbrnews.org...

From a contact in D.C.:

September 1, 2005: “The terrible disaster in New Orleans was not unforeseen. In spite of his too-little too-late bleatings, Bush not only personally scrapped a multi-million dollar program to strengthen the dikes around that flooded mass of tragedy but took the money for his criminal war in Iraq.

We now see a genuine phenomenon with dozens of American television reporters, on the ground and on the scene in New Orleans and southern Mississippi, turning against both the Administration and the governments of both Louisiana and Mississippi for their utter failure to relieve the terrible suffering of hundreds of thousands of trapped, starving and sick citizens.

I would like to add something to the bubbling pot that might cast a light on the disgusting official breakdown of rescue and support. This afternoon, I was having lunch at the Cosmos Club out on Massachusetts Avenue. A good friend is a member of the posh club (that once was the elegant town home of Sumner Welles), and while at lunch, I was privy to a very vocal conversation at one of the big round center tables in the club dining room.

One man was giving an overview of the situation to a group of his friends. The speaker was an undersecretary of an important department, well - liked by Bush and often in the White House to consult. The others ranged from an academic economist whose writings can be seen in a right wing paper and a number of Washington-based businessmen, all of whom are active and heavy contributors to the Bush White House.

The loud one had obviously had a few drinks at the bar and this is probably why he was not more discreet. The gist of his comments was horrible to contemplate and it sounded like a top Nazi discussing the Jews.

It is well known here that the Bush family and many of the top advisers at the White House are racists but instead of detesting Jews, in this case, they all detest blacks. Their rationale, aside from their view of racial superiority, is that blacks are all “welfare queens, unwed mothers and drug dealers.” It was the very firmly stated view of the host that it was better for everyone that New Orleans was under water for the time being.

In that way, we were told (and I was not the only person in the dining room who heard all this), this served to “chase out the 'n-word's” and permit Bush-supporting businessmen to buy up the soon-to-be condemned, sodden houses for five cents on the dollar from friendly insurance companies (which one of them was a CEO of) and put up an enlarged and very profitable combination of industrial park and office building section. The money for this would, naturally, come from government grants which a terrified Congress (Mid Term elections are coming) had just voted for and the contracts to demolish the wrecked low-income slums would go, as a no-bid contract, to another stellar Bush supporter.

As for the refugees, our table of proto-fascists all commented on the fact that most of them were on welfare and probably all voted Democratic so they could all be shipped to California or Chicago at the public expense and allowed to occupy less valuable public housing there.

This conversation went on in a similar vein for some time and it was difficult for both myself and my host to refrain from making nasty comments or, for that matter, to enjoy our meal. These people are greedy and purely evil and I am positive from the overall conversations that Bush is indeed conversant with this attitude and has no intentions of interfering with it.
He had an unparalleled opportunity to revive his sagging opinion polls and make an appearance in New Orleans, naturally with an army of sycophants and eager media, and be seen (in a safe place…probably in Baton Rouge…because the desperate black citizens of New Orleans have taken to shooting at people and Bush is scared to death of violence) holding a small and photogenic black child whilst comforting its mother. Instead, Bush, typically, opted to sail overhead in his luxury Air Force One and having seen the inundated city below, retired to his small but elegant dining room for a nice lunch with some of his top aides.

I should also note here that Bush now has added the Mayor of New Orleans and a half a dozen irate and very articulate news reporters to his hate list because they have dared to criticize him to a very large audience.

Maybe this time, the Democrats will organize and nail him and his friends to a wall somewhere and then open the flood gates and watch them drown like the rats that they are.”

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Occam's Razor suggest that when two or more possible answers exist the correct one is most often the simplest. I believe that the root cause for the whole mess isn't some master plan, genocide or weather engineering. I believe the government simply screwed-up. They didn't get a handle on the immediacy of the crisis and were more focused on the longer range effort than on the tactical problem at-hand. As usual they can talk the talk but when it comes time to put feet on the ground...

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Occam's Razor suggest that when two or more possible answers exist the correct one is most often the simplest. I believe that the root cause for the whole mess isn't some master plan, genocide or weather engineering. I believe the government simply screwed-up.

They didn't get a handle on the immediacy of the crisis and were more focused on ...............(?)..........

i gotta go counter to you on that.
your response is exactly what the spin & disinformationists want you to conclude.

consider this blurb,
source: home.att.net...

excerpt:

...In comments Thursday, President George W. Bush said,
"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees"

COMPLETELY WRONG!! Mr President !
....as we continue in the excerpt:

...experts have warned for years that defenses would fail.

In 2002, The New Orleans Times Picayune published a five
part series on "The Big One"...

It predicted that 200,000 would be unwilling or unable to evacuate...
people would be housed in the Superdome...

In July 2004...(gov't & civil) organizations practiced the very scenario
of water flowing over the levees
protecting the city or failing in a five
day simulation code-named 'Hurricane Pam'
..an imaginary storm that destroyed over half a million buildings in New Orleans...

you'll need to scroll down about 7 clicks to find more than 3 hyperlinks
under the topic STORMS

"Models Predicted New Orleans Disaster, Experts Say"

"Horrordome"....

"food prices to be affected'....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the gov't official cover-story & excuses seem to be lack of interagency communication (FEMA~DHS) or complete surprise or following legal protocols...or this-&-that...

but i feel the delays were rooted in expelling the poverty class from N.O.
into Displaced Person Camps, & the jawboning & dealmaking that transpired in resolving the insurance/mortgage/ freddy mac & fanny mae
concerns, the property dispersal problem...

and in the meanwhile let the social order deteriorate so the dynamics of
barbarism can be studied in detail, for use in future terrorist attacks on cities.

consider that stuff, if you want

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Its kinda wierd that that DHS Secretary Chertoff keep saying they could not do anything initiall because of all the legal obstacles.

This is a convenient excuse that is simply not true......They WANT you to believe this.....I expose this for the lie that it is here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Concerning whether this was mere incompetence or intentional....I tend to think the former, rather than the latter. However, there is plenty that makes me less certain....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join