It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your phobia?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nikelbee

Heyy, i have a phobia of peas aswell, i throw up when i eat one by accident just for the fact i no i have eaten one i cnt touch them i cry if i see one i wont go down the aisle in shops with peas in i have to ask people to like go down the aisle and get me say frozen chips and things like that if a pea is on a plate i cant eat the whole meal.

if you wanna talk more about it add me [email protected]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Snakes, I hate em. Always riding my old horses in the desert did it for me, I hate that rattle. I've killed a few, even skinned one but they still freak me out. I had a dream I was getting bit by a bunch the other night, they're haunting me.

Bridges, I freaking hate bridges. I don't mind flying but I HATE freaking bridges. When I get stuck in traffic on a bridge I have to take deep breaths. Something about being trapped on one does it for me.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I am terrified of Bogong Moths.....they always come in swarms!
Sounds stupid.....but I can't stand them....creepy.....!

And well snakes......the only good snake is a dead snake!
I'd rather kill one, than know that it's somewhere in my yard.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Having to kill someone is my greatest phobia. Marshall law, the dentist, and crowds just to name a few more...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have an extreme phobia of being in a car. My cousin Brittany passed away in a car accident 3 years ago. And after that, Ive gotten in 3 minor car accidents. Ever since, ive been terrifed. Ill get tense, short of breath, sometimes even close my eyes. Especially being on the freeway, I completely freak out.

Cant we all just buy bikes.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Now, the only two left are Pirahnas and Zombies, and neither pose a big threat to me on any given day, hehe....

I have to say, I saw an excellent special the other day on one of the educational channels...all about Pirahnas...

Turns out, they aren't near as viscious as their reputation. In fact, they don't seem to attack warm-blooded prey as a rule... They even showed a guy (and numerous native children) simply swimming in the water with them...so my phobia is a bit abated.....

The Zombies bit is funny...I love books and movies about them, but the idea of an actual zombie holocaust is still the most terrifying thing I can imagine....

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Maybe this sounds crazy, but my phobia is getting lost! I've always been the type of person who never gets lost. Being truly lost (geographically I mean) is a terrifying thought to me and what my nightmares are made of.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I have gynophobia which is a fear of women.
I can deal with them in a business environment only.
Its a weird one for sure.
No I am not gay.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I can deal with them in a business environment only.
Its a weird one for sure.
No I am not gay.

BOO!!

That admission just made me add you to my friends. I'm a woman. Think of it as therapy.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I have a fear of spiders, arachnophobia, but I think I'm growing out of it, some spiders upset me more than others and it's not about size (the tiny ones and the giant ones-tarantulas don't bother me at all) it's more the alienesque shape and movement.

I have two phobias that I got over in the last year. Needles and darkness. Needles used to freak me but now I regularly donate blood and I enjoy it! I like the strange sensation.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

No I am not gay.

That - has - got - to - suck! So what, do you try and have relationships with women or do you not bother?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have a horrible fear of heights--even escalators induce a mild panic. Recently, I tried to watch "Man on Wire" (a documentary about a man who walked a tightrope between the Twin Towers) and had to leave the theater. I really ought to have someone help me out with this...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I have a fear of clowns, which is claunaphobia. Clowns freak me out. Something demonic about a clown and anyone who walks around in one of those suits....

On the same theme, Barney wierds me out as well. I know that kids love him, but there is something wrong with the purple dinosaur.

Other than that, moths.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Needles, car wrecks, and defibrillators/electrocution of any kind.

Needles are the WORST though.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I have a fear of...

Spiders
Snakes
Heights (only man - made structures)
Drowning
People who look like a stereotypical criminal
Losing self - control
Exposure of any part of my body covered at least by Summer wear (shorts, t-shirt)
Being around attractive women with a person I know around (even if the woman is on TV)
Seeing a naked person on TV/movie with parents around
Being in close proximity to others (movie theaters, small restaurants, etc...)
Being around any form of intimacy
Being around small children (probably under 6 or so)
Elevators
Using restrooms where people can hear you (or 'sense' you)
Communicating with strangers (although I am getting better)
Going out in my yard with neighbors around (I usually go out after sunset)
Even the thought of close intimacy with another person
Other people hearing the music I listen to
Drooling with others around (I sometimes forget to swallow my saliva frequently)
Sleeping when someone can see me
Suffocating
Talking too fast when nervous
Being around people who are intoxicated
Ever having to sing or act in public
Needles
Any time I get sick I become a hypochondriac
Broken bones
Injury to the eye(s)
Wild dogs (I love domesticated dogs though)
Being responsible for another person's important possession(s)
Thunderstorms
Tornadoes
Downtown in large cities
Bridges
Hurricanes
Wildfires
Homelessness
The dark

Well, I am sure there are some that have slipped my mind. Yes I am an absolute train wreck.

edit on 1/6/2012 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

DAMN are you serious???

OK I have trypophobia and also fear of needles.

However, I am not afraid of honeycomb - wierd! Needles ONLY freak me out of i know it is for me. I can hold them, use them etc but as soon as i have to have blood taken, injection i almost pass out!

BUT the trypophobia is the worst!! My skin crawls, feels like crabs clawing at my scalp... ahhhhhhggggggg there is goes just thinking about it hahaha

edit to add: oh and I also am not afraid of cheese with holes LOL like swiss etc.
edit on 6/1/2012 by shearder because: added info

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join