It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your phobia?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
some girls just scare me to hell,i have the feeling that theyr some kind of demons 5 times stronger that are going tear me apart if i say anything to anger them...

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'm not sure how to post this phobia, I don't want to offend anyone at all.
I'm deathly afraid to the point that I pass out when I see lil' people. Its so terrible that I have actually passed out in grocery stores, in the street, at the hospital one time while visting a friend.

I'm also very afraid of syrup, I can't stand the smell and the sticky part makes me just want to throw up. I can't keep in the house and if someone were to use it, I have to be far away... so eating at restaurants that serve breakfast are a NO NO for me.

I have seriously thought about being hypnotized, I'm thinking nothing else is going to work. Medicine does not work and facing the fear DOES not work as well.

I have been the blunt of jokes for years, I can understand why and I'm sure anyone reading this may be chuckling as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Not necessarily a phobia but touching broken up styrofoam and cardboard... Jesus..

[edit on 22-9-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nikelbee

I thought it was just me !!!!!!!!!!!!!. Everyone laughs at my strange phobia but they ar round and green and smelly and should be abolished. Even thr thought of them as I reply to this has my stomoch heving and I too can't east anything if they have ben on my plate. Things are so bad that last Christmas I was home and in bed for 22.30 because I was sooooo traumatised at the fact peas had been on the table then even whrn the evil things were in the bin I could still smell them. I have my friends wedding coming up and I am in a state in case there are any peas with the meal it ok for me not to ask for them buit I can hardly demand the whole table doesnt have them and I am actually having panic attacks !!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I am terribly afraid of elevators.

I regularely have nightmares which center around them. I would say 2 or 3 a month. In some of the dreams I will come upon an exposed elevator shaft. In others I will be faced with a situation in which I have to get to an upper floor and take the elevator. Usually it will wobble as it goes up, sometimes it will stop in between floors. I have never had one in which I become stuck in the car or it falls through the shaft, though. In real life I always take the stairs.

I don't know where this fear comes from, as I am not afraid of enclosed spaces or heights--- though it has metamorphasized into a fear of high buildings. Any time I go into downtown Dallas or Ft. W. I get very nervous, looking at the buildings and realizing how long the elevators must be.

That the only thing I can think of that gets me panic-attack scared.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I guess you would hate it if I started jumping up and down while in the elavator with you! haha

I also think you would hate being stuck in an elevator for 41 hours like this guy haha.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
OMG a parody version of the guy stuck for 41 hours in an elevator except this time the guys has diarrhea lol, ewwwww. haha

Is that a phobia you have?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I didn't even watch that... and I'm n ot gonna now.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Or that! Eew, why combine fear and diarea?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I sorta have that "chucky" from rugrats problem. (I'm young enough it was on when I was a kid

These are my mostly unfounded fears in order of scariness:
Giant Wave/Tsunami, I must tell you though, i'm not afraid of drowning, I'd rather not, but i'm not afraid of it. I'm afraid of just Seeing a giant wave coming towards me.
Getting tortured/killed.
Any and all spiders. Various other bugs touching me.The only bugs okay to look at and touch in my opinion would be rolly polleys (little gray bugs that roll into a ball if you scare them? I don't know their real name) Those fuzzy black and orange caterpillars in the fall, they sometimes scare me too though, some butterflys, and honey bees.
Getting abducted.Thanks to this forum.
Big natural disasters.
Other more etc ones would be:
Heights. Large bodies of water. Small spaces. Clowns. That Xfiles guy with no legs that dragged himself all over. Public bathrooms. Psycho boyfriends. Messing up my taxes. Which actually happened! and it was just as scary as I thought.
Badgers.
Running out of money.
I think that's about it for the main list.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i think i might've posted this before in here already, but my phobia is possums.

i hate em, i hate em, i hate em!!!!

[edit on 17-8-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Clowns.....and its not really a fear or phobia in the sense that I am frightened of clowns.

It is more of an extreme and severe disliking. I hate clowns and I get uncomfortable when they are near me or around me. If one comes up to me and tries to do it's clown routine I will get up and leave the room. They are creepy and up to no good. They really wierd me out and they make me nervous and uneasy.

Never trust a clown.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Clowns.....and its not really a fear or phobia in the sense that I am frightened of clowns.

It is more of an extreme and severe disliking. I hate clowns and I get uncomfortable when they are near me or around me. If one comes up to me and tries to do it's clown routine I will get up and leave the room. They are creepy and up to no good. They really wierd me out and they make me nervous and uneasy.

Never trust a clown.

Does it creep you out if they don't talk too? Just stare and smile at you?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Hahaha....yes it does. There is nothing funny about a scary ass clown up in your face. When a clown invades the personal space it is go time.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I am afraid of LADDERS. Heights in general, but mostly climbing up them and having to do something like painting. I know it comes from being made to climb up the rope ladders at Mesa Verde when I was six. I went, but I went screaming.

I also don't like holes and caves. My mom and brother made me go first through a Indian tunnel to get to some ruins. It was freaky.

SPEECHES. I absolutely cannot do it without freaking out. job INTERVIEWS. I hate the whole idea and everything about it. Trying to sell myself to someone. So DATING is/was horrid too.

I'm married, no job, and will not finish painting the peak of my entry.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
My phobia is LARGE crowds !!!!

Actually, I developed this phobia, after I was on a political act and there were hundreds and hundreds of people- and my friend and I were walking with other people towards the speaker, suddenly we realised we had to go back because there was going to be no space... but it was TOO late, we had like 200 ppl behind us that wanted to go forward, and we (plus other 100 ppl wanted to go back)- and SO the crazyness started... people pushing to all sides - hittings, punchings ohhhh. It was the worst thig I've ever experienced. Next to us was this little boy with his father, and crying like crazy.- AHHHHH-

We got out thanks to this man... REALLY tall man that started to direct the people towards the "exit"- all in all was like 10 minutes (or less) of getting smashed but to me it seemed never-ending.

After that I stay away from big crowds. I can't go to the stadium, recitals or any kind of acts involving TOO many people.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Nothing actually scares me, Things surprise me and make me jump sometimes when I'm not expecting anything.
After facing my ultimate fear, I fear nothing now, however, I avoid things, just to make my life easier.

If I were afraid of something though, I guess it would have to be...

Happiness.

-Jimmy

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ophidiophobia....I am terrorized of snakes.

I was bit by a rattler when I was 3, barely survived, and have bone deep fear of any kind of snake to this day.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Oh wow, i am having few original ones here:

Fear of vomit - the biggest one, I could more or less stand it as a kid, but now I try not to eat too much - ever. Also, if people around me are vomiting or feeling sick, ugh...I'd rather go away from them. Seriously, i would rather go through hardcore stomachache than vomit.

Then there is this minor fear of deep water/space, not a phobia or anything, I just don't like them.

And Fear of death. Sometimes I imagine myself being old and dying...drives me insane.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I also find clowns unspeakably creepy.

And, I have an aversion to feet....of any kind.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join