It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your phobia?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have a phobia of chicken wire. When I was a kid my dad kept a bunch of baby ducks in a pen of chicken wire that had just been fixed up real quick and had a lot of barbs. Well I tried to climb over the pen and I cut my foot up really bad on some of it and now I won't even go near the stuff.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I have a couple:

Turbulance in an airplane. I don't mind flying at all, if it is a nice, smooth flight. But if the airplane starts to get a bit bumpy, I start thinking that the plane will crash.

I also hate, and am terribly afraid of, snakes. Even just seeing them on TV makes me feel ill, scared, and just about everything else.

I also hate sitting in a seat that is still warm from the person before. It just feels 'dirty'.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This web site has a great phobia list.

I'll post letter A, but check out the site at:
www.phobialist.com...

A

Abuse: sexual- Contreltophobia.
Accidents- Dystychiphobia.
Air- Anemophobia.
Air swallowing- Aerophobia.
Airborne noxious substances- Aerophobia.
Airsickness- Aeronausiphobia.
Alcohol- Methyphobia or Potophobia.
Alone, being- Autophobia or Monophobia.
Alone, being or solitude- Isolophobia.
Amnesia- Amnesiphobia.
Anger- Angrophobia or Cholerophobia.
Angina- Anginophobia.
Animals- Zoophobia.
Animals, skins of or fur- Doraphobia.
Animals, wild- Agrizoophobia.
Ants- Myrmecophobia.
Anything new- Neophobia.
Asymmetrical things- Asymmetriphobia
Atomic Explosions- Atomosophobia.
Automobile, being in a moving- Ochophobia.
Automobiles- Motorphobia.

They seem to have a name for everything, and some are pretty strange.

Edit for quote...

[edit on 15/9/2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth- Arachibutyrophobia.
Stealing- Cleptophobia or Kleptophobia.

They're some wierd phobias out there.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well ever since I read a post proposing U2U podcasts, I've developed a phobia of mods being able to verbily annilate me for my incompetence. I already have a slight phobia of U2U's sent to me by mods, but the sheer concept of audio warnings just flat out scares me.

The concept of an angry Skeptic being able to verbily declare me incompetant is incedibly scary. Yes I know he's a nice fellow, but it's like being afraid of doctors. Sure they're nice but they can do some serious damage when pissed.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
...but it's like being afraid of doctors...

Now I remember doctors really scare me also...

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Does anyone here also hate that backpack scraping sound. I hate it, it gives me shivers and irritates me! I just HATE when people drag em.

Does anyone also have this thing where they always imagine themselves messy. Like if I know i'm going to a restaraunt the night before, I can always picture myself spilling my drink, though it nver happens and I am NOT a spaz.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I have a social phobia

I hate ants

And I also have a fear of cold water

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Selachophobia- Fear of sharks, I am terrified of them...absolute terror!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I also am terrified of retarded people. I don't know why. The retarded girls freak me out way more than the boys. (they have beards) I'm serious it gives me shivers when I see em. My family always seems to attract em.

HAS ANYONE ALSO NOTICED THAT THERE ARE SO MANY MORE RETARDED PEOPLE NOW THAN THERE WAS IN THE 90'S? :shk:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
HAS ANYONE ALSO NOTICED THAT THERE ARE SO MANY MORE RETARDED PEOPLE NOW THAN THERE WAS IN THE 90'S? :shk:

I'm pretty sure all thats happening is that all of a sudden it's "cool" to act retarded. You can blame crap like Napolean Dynamite for that. How so many people liked that movie is completely beyond me.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Perhaps society is being more accepting and accommodating of people with disabilities.

Maybe because of this, more people with disabilities feel comfortable being out in public.

Possibly you could be more tolerant of differences amongst people and accept them as they are.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I accept all religions and races and gay people but I find it real hard with people with major mental disablilities. The reason why the girls (retarded) is because thet r way more talkative.

THE MAIN REASON IS BECAUSE WHEN I WAS A KID I HEARD STRANGE VOICES AND IT SERIOUSLY FREAKED ME OUT! I still remember it.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

THE MAIN REASON IS BECAUSE WHEN I WAS A KID I HEARD STRANGE VOICES AND IT SERIOUSLY FREAKED ME OUT! I still remember it.

Whose strange voices? from where? I don't understand what does that have to do with "retarded" people phobia...

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
its because I went to Lake Shasta (California) and we parked our rented house boat in this little inlet and at night I heard strange voices coming from the trees. I still remember it to this day. I thought it was aliens.

Anyway I saw a retarded person who made the same voice and I just got really scared. I dunno I just don't know how to cope.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Asking women I like out !!!

Luxifero

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Now,

this is my phobia...FROGS

:shk::shk::shk:

[edit on 29-10-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
In complete seiousness i have a phobia of mimesyou know white faced stuck in a glass box mimes i cant walk anywhere near them when they're performing in the streets it just reallly wigs me out
i think it started because when i was little we were in the city and this mime wouldnt leave me alone and he made me cry
so now i have a phobia of mimes although i can watch them on tv

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by obiwan15
In complete seiousness i have a phobia of mimesyou know white faced stuck in a glass box mimes...

I don't have a phobia of mimes, I just find them annoying... They should be locked inside their glass boxes!

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't think I have any phobias... nothing really seems to "get under my skin"... I don't know... just never considered it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join