It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've made my own crop circles, you know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Did you ever see that documentary about those guys who made all those crop circles all over the UK? Their favorite part is that they sprinkled some very fine iron filings over the site, and they said they laughed their kiesters off when some scientist was talking about how a vortex-wormhole-doodad-thingy drew iron deposits from the minerals in the ground. Of course, they had lots of copycats in the following years all throughout Europe.

One of my friends and I tried it a couple times - it was really easy. We chose a field that had already been harvested - it was just a bunch of dead stems that they were going to dig up and replant over in the next couple of weeks, so we decided we would not harm anyone's crops.

You take a wooden plank, about 4-5 feet across, and drill two holes about three inches in on either side. Make them big enough to fit a rope through. Have a rope come up from either hole, and make it long enough to hold it with your hand. What you do is you hold the rope and step down on the board against the crops. The rope makes it easy to pull back up. We ended up getting a small stick that we put in the ground and tied a thin string to our beltloops. This enabled us to make accurate circles.

The first one we did was one large circle with two smaller circles on either side of it with a small line connecting all three, kind of like a CO2 molecule for any chemistry buffs out there.

o-O-o

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Wow. So do I... Everytime I use my lawn mower.

What no pictures to show off your handiwork?

Big difference between crop circles and 'crop circles'.

Vive la difference!

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I remember all the blarney about Doug and Dave in the now defunct "Today" Tabloid in England. I remember reading it before I went to work in the morning and it was #ing freezing.

I also remember some geezer in Wiltshire doing Crop Circles and getting caught for it, in the act of making them. He was a friend of David Icke and he ran a magazine on Conspiracies and the NWO and the New Age.

Me and a friend planned to make a ghost or a tulpa, and spread gossip and stories, just to see what would happen. Would you get people believing that they have seen a ghost or would you get newspaper interest and would you get psychic researchers with posgh instruments..

Very immature idea of mine's it was, it never get off the ground though.

Do you make special Mandalas?

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
Big difference between crop circles and 'crop circles'.

Yeah, crop circle makers are called aliens and 'crop circle' makers are called hoaxers.

What no pictures to show off your handiwork?

People rarely have the money to hire helicopters to snap photos of crop circles they've just made. Either that, or the guy is smart enough not to take a photo of himself tresspassing on farm land.

originally posted by trinitrotoluene
Did you ever see that documentary about those guys who made all those crop circles all over the UK? Their favorite part is that they sprinkled some very fine iron filings over the site, and they said they laughed their kiesters off when some scientist was talking about how a vortex-wormhole-doodad-thingy drew iron deposits from the minerals in the ground. Of course, they had lots of copycats in the following years all throughout Europe.

I remember a documentary on that and it solves a lot if not all questions asked by the guys that think little Grey men come down and have nothing better to do than put pretty patterns in fields.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yes, crop circles are easy to make. And you've done a tried and true method. Congradulations on your crop circle.

I think there are circle makers of unkown origns (non-human). I can't explain it, but if there is one crop circle not made by humans then there are real circle makers.

If its all humans though, well, how dissapointing would that be? I sometimes wish ATS had a crop-circle message board, because I am a big fan of analyzing crop circles and trying to figure out there message. Alot of them really are puzzles.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
For cownosecat or anyone else interested, there is a Crop Circle documentary at this place ..

www.principalityofcamside.cc...

*Description of the Crop Circle Phenomena
*Geometric Designs of Crop Circles Explained
*Mathematical Aspects of Crop Circles Explained
*Advanced Scientific Technologies Revealed

I looked at it a while back and I thought it was really good
Just scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find Part 1 and 2.

Sincerly
/Cactus

new topics

top topics

join