It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Space Weather Message Code: ALTK06
Serial Number: 245
Issue Time: 2006 Aug 20 0532 UTC
ALERT: Geomagnetic K-index of 6
Threshold Reached: 2006 Aug 20 0530 UTC
Synoptic Period: 0300-0600 UTC
Active Warning: No
NOAA Scale: G2 - Moderate
Approximate Flare Start : 13-12-2006 0222 UT
Approximate Flare Maximum: 13-12-2006 0238 UT at Flux X 3.4
Approximate Flare End : 13-12-2006 0442 UT
LOCATION OF HF FADEOUT: Western Australia/Eastern Australia/Northern Australia/New Zealand/SE Asia/China/Indian Ocean/Micronesia/Polynesia/ source
1. Ancient Mayan prophecies based on two millennia of meticulous astronomical observations indicate that 12/21/12 will mark the birth of a new age, accompanied, as all births are, by blood and agony as well as hope and promise.
2. Since the 1940’s, and particularly, since 2003, the Sun has behaved more tumultuously than any time since the rapid global warming that accompanied the melting of the last Ice Age. Solar physicists concur that solar activity will next peak, at record-setting levels, in 2012.
3. Storms on the Sun are related to storms on the Earth. The great wave of 2005 hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Wilma coincided with one of the stormiest weeks in the recorded history of the Sun.
4. The Earth’s magnetic field, our primary defense against harmful solar radiation, has begun to dwindle, with cracks comparable in scale to the ozone hole opening up randomly. A pole shift, in which such protection falls nearly to zero as the North and South magnetic poles reverse position, may well be under way.
5. Russian geophysicists believe that the Solar System has entered an interstellar energy cloud. This cloud is energizing and destabilizing the Sun and all the planets’ atmospheres. Their predictions for catastrophe resulting from the Earth’s encounter with this energy cloud range from 2010 to 2020.
6. Berkeley physicists, who discovered that the dinosaurs and 70% of all other species on Earth were extinguished by an impact 65 million years ago, maintain, with 99% certainty, that we are now overdue for another such mega-catastrophe.
7. The Yellowstone supervolcano, which erupts catastrophically every 600,000 to 700,000 years, is preparing to blow. The most recent eruption of comparable magnitude, at Lake Toba, Indonesia, 74,000 years ago, led to the death of more than 90% of the world’s population at the time.
8. Eastern philosophies such the I Ching, Chinese book of changes, and also Hindu theology, have been plausibly interpreted as supporting the 2012 end date, as have a range of indigenous belief systems.
9. At least one scholarly interpretation of the Bible predicts that the Earth will be annihilated in 2012. The burgeoning Armageddonist movement of Muslims, Christians and Jews actively seeks to precipitate the final End-Times battle.
10. Have a nice day.
Flaring activity is expected to remain low. The solar wind is
strengthening since yesterday morning due to the influence of a coronal
hole. The Bz component of the interplanetary magnetic field has turned
southward and is currently at -15nT. As a consequence geomagnetic
activcity is expected to be high with isolated minor storm episodes.
This message was sent out earlier than ussual due to an upgrade of the
network at SIDC later today.
under a fast solar wind flow from a low-latitude coronal hole. Furthermore, we expect active geomagnetic conditions.
MAGNETIC STORM: For the past several days, a solar wind stream has been buffeting Earth's magnetic field, causing it to shake. The shaking was so severe in Scandinavia last night, compass needles shifted "more than two degrees," reports Jan Lameer."There must have been a lot of electricity flowing through the upper atmosphere!"
Solar activity is quiet and is expected to remain so. The
Earth is currently inside the fast solar wind stream. The interplanetary
magnetic field, however, has decreased down to average values (around 5
nT), so we do not expect a significant geomagnetic disturbance.
Solar activity should be moderate during the next 48 hours, with C-class flare activity expected, and a small chance of M-class flare.
The source of this activity is NOAA AR 0953 which produced 3
B-class flares, greater than B5 on April 27.
Geomagnetic activity is expected to be active during the next 48 hours,
with possibilities of isolated minor storm conditions. The Earth entered
sooner than expected a fast solar wind stream from a coronal hole. Kp
indices show that active conditions were observed around 16UT on April
27 and minor storm conditions at 0UT, on April 28. Note that only an
isolated active condition period (K=4) was observed at Dourbes.