It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas to take 20,000 refuges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
We are taking 20K refuges here at Fort Chaffee

www.katv.com...

We are sending down 200 buses and trying to get clearance to use the Air Force base at Little Rock to air lift some out.

Chaffee has been used in the past to hold Japanese war prisoners and refuges from the fall of Viet Nam and the Cuban Boat lift

I am going to concentrate on helping out there and ask all the others here in the area to do the same

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Just an update to let yall know we have 4000 in Chaffee and are bringing in 16000 more to Curches,etc.

Go Texas,

Go Arkansas

the South takes care of its own

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
That is great, I really think that most of these people are going to have the oportunity to get their lifes back in shape and I know that many of them are going to have more than they did back home after the communities help them.

I truly hope that some will take advantage of the oportunities to get better in life.

Some times bad things bring good things later on.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You have to admit, Fort Chaffee has made Fort Smith one hell of a diverse community. For those of you who don't know, Fort Smith is the city right next to Fort chaffee, along with Van Buren, Barling and other little grotto's in the area.

The city of Fort Smith is probably the only place in the south where you can eat authentic food from Vietnam, Cuba, Germany, Japan and just about any other place you can name that has sent people out in need of refuge. Pretty soon the Cajun food there will be awesome.

I know this because I was born there. I still live just up the road in Fayetteville and my two daughters and ex wife still reside there. I visit quite often.

Many of the refugees will decide to stay. That will probably be a good thing for the place of my birth, the more diversity the better.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
That is the way of the life, by the time NO is rebuild it will take a long time, most of the refugees will blend into the communities and they will stay in the communities.

I hope it will be for the good of all.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
You have to admit, Fort Chaffee has made Fort Smith one hell of a diverse community. For those of you who don't know, Fort Smith is the city right next to Fort chaffee, along with Van Buren, Barling and other little grotto's in the area.

I live right outside of Van Buren and you are 100% correct, expecially about the food

new topics

top topics

join